Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't want either one and would draft a T there. Try for Ridder or Newman latter.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Tua struggling scares me tho as far as jones. Jones also has the best RB, and the two best WR's in CFB.

Also, plenty of borderline first round lineman to block for him.

Not saying he can't be good, but you better play well in that scheme when you got future NFL pro bowlers all over the field.

Jones is someone I just can't wrap my head around taking in the 1st. If he somehow drops to our 2nd rounder I'd love taking him there.
Splitting hairs on the talent here on Bama but I think the freshman from Texas is the best back in the country followed by Etienne. Trask nor Jones were ever 1st round talents. People just became intrigued with Trask as the season went along because of the numbers he was putting up.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Jones and Trask...............We know how quarterbacks get over drafted every year, both of these guys will in all probability be drafted mid to low first round. That is exactly why the Bears should stay away from them. Ask yourself how many good to very good starting quarterbacks are in the league right now who have been drafted in this area. I can count three one HOFer Rodgers, one who at one time was good Flacco, and one who is still a work in progress as a passer in Jackson.

Don't forget Dan Marino. In the last 20yrs. Bridgewater and Ljack were drafted low first round and seem to be ok.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You should like his traits but low release.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ummm, I hadn't been following Ridder.
I really like Ridder.

Edit: should probably say more. He seems to have pocket presence and good wheels to run when necessary.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
all Alabama QBs benefit from the best CFL talent and will never amount to shit in the NFL

msadows

Liked Posts:

Last good bama qb?

Joe Namath? IDK.

Not saying Jones can't break the trend, but having nfl talent at every starting position kinda makes life easy as a college QB...

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If you don't count Hurts, Tua is the first highly touted Alabama QB in decades, like since the 70s.

McCarron was always seen as a backup at best.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Last good bama qb?

Joe Namath? IDK.

Not saying Jones can't break the trend, but having nfl talent at every starting position kinda makes life easy as a college QB...

so your premise is don’t draft a bama qb because there haven’t been any good NFL qbs from bama in forever. That’s just ridiculously silly. I guess we shouldn’t draft Trevor Lawrence either...who’s the last great nfl qb from Clemson?! Clemson has too much talent to draft a guy like Lawrence. That’s what you sound like. That said, I wouldn’t draft Jones unless it’s 4th round or later

also, hurts is off to a great start and tua will be fine

dennehy

Liked Posts:
so your premise is don’t draft a bama qb because there haven’t been any good NFL qbs from bama in forever. That’s just ridiculously silly. I guess we shouldn’t draft Trevor Lawrence either...who’s the last great nfl qb from Clemson?! Clemson has too much talent to draft a guy like Lawrence. That’s what you sound like. That said, I wouldn’t draft Jones unless it’s 4th round or later

Well, Deshawn Watson.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Don't forget Dan Marino. In the last 20yrs. Bridgewater and Ljack were drafted low first round and seem to be ok.
I did mention Jackson. Bridgewater is a below average starting QB. At best a bridge should the Panthers invest in one of the top quarterbacks in this draft.

msadows

Liked Posts:

I never said that really.....Just said that bama qb's scare me because that team usually has the best talent of any in the country.

Also, hurts has played one good game. He struggled last week. Lets hold off on that "great start". He still can't complete over 60% of his passes.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I did mention Jackson. Bridgewater is a below average starting QB. At best a bridge should the Panthers invest in one of the top quarterbacks in this draft.

Brees was taken 32nd overall and was one of the best of all time. Derek Carr was 36th overall, and Brett Favre was 33rd overall. All 2nd rounders, I guess, but my guess is that is where trask goes. Jones might go in the first only due to need.

This is kind of a unique year tho, you have 4 potential top 10 picks, and 2 guys who would arguably be picked in the top 20 in a weak QB class.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I never said that really.....Just said that bama qb's scare me because that team usually has the best talent of any in the country.

Also, hurts has played one good game. He struggled last week. Lets hold off on that "great start". He still can't complete over 60% of his passes.

so then by that theory all college teams with superior talent would or should scare you? So, basically you are scared to draft from teams with superior talent, thus making you avoid drafting superior talented players. This is just silly. I have no issue drafting a bama qb, as long as the talent and measurables are there. Jones isn’t the guy, but it has nothing to do with him playing for Alabama

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well, Deshawn Watson.

true, I brain farted on him. My point remains, avoiding a player simply because he plays for a great team is just asinine