Mack?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If one of your knocks on a guy is that he’s aging and will be susceptible to injuries. When he gets hurt and can’t play doesn’t that sort of justify your trepidation? What good does a great player do you if he’s always hurt?

He played in 4 games last year
. in 2019 he played in 5 games. He’s hurt again. I’m glad he’s good when he plays. But I’m not sure his play when he’s out there makes up for him constantly being hurt. Especially when he makes as much as he does. And don’t even get me started on the stupid penalties he constantly commits that he thinks don’t even matter. It felt like that dude was good for one stupid personal foul a game.

He is a great player when he’s out there. I’d have kept Fuller in a second over him though. How much are they paying him to be hurt all the time and committing boneheaded penalties?
Wtf don't make shit up son.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hands on hips === dick in da dirt

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
im sorry. I’m looking at the years wrong.

shy do you have such a hard on for Akiem Hicks. It’s weird how passionate you are about defending him. Really weird.

You're the one trying to rip his dick off bro

greg23

Liked Posts:
Its called getting rid of a guy a year early vs too late

No way he should be brought back unless it's a 1 year very team friendly deal....30+ year old dlineman don't age well

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Its called getting rid of a guy a year early vs too late

No way he should be brought back unless it's a 1 year very team friendly deal....30+ year old dlineman don't age well

He's gone this offseason.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And we could have used that money on a fucking million different things this season.

And the defense would have been in a much worse position than it is already. Not sure what your point is.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
You're the one trying to rip his dick off bro

I don’t have anything against him. I know he makes them better. I just dont think he’s ultimately worth what he’s paid. while he’s a net positive when you weigh what he’s paid to what he contributes I feel like the money could be spent in other spots.

I get it. I watch the games and see that he brings something they don’t have in anybody else in that interior part of the line. But he also commits a lot of penalties. And when they put the camera on him he’s always talking trash, which is fine. But when you see that it’s also kinda like “shit, here we go. He’s talking trash. Hope he doesn’t get a stupid avoidable penalty here that he’ll just sort of laugh off.“ I get penalties happen too. Its just that with him they’re a little too constant. And they almost are always avoidable which makes them even more maddening. They would have been better off cutting him and Graham this off-season, Those were the two pretty obvious cuts that needed to happen if the front office was that concerned with getting the books in order. I’m not really mad about them keeping him. He’s a good player so it’s whatever. But they definitely should have sacrificed him for Fuller. if it came down to those two. Corner is way more important than DT. Fuller is younger too. It just didn’t really make any sense. Kindle Vildor is their staring corner. At least in the interior of the DL they have some talent. The cupboard isn’t bare. its pretty bare at corner.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
And the defense would have been in a much worse position than it is already. Not sure what your point is.
That if he’s gonna be gone after this season do it now. He’s a luxury. You mean to tell me you would rather have Hicks for this season for this season knowing he’s gone next season instead of having a little extra to get another OL or a TE who can make a fucking play. That’s just stupid.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don’t have anything against him. I know he makes them better. I just dont think he’s ultimately worth what he’s paid. while he’s a net positive when you weigh what he’s paid to what he contributes I feel like the money could be spent in other spots.

I get it. I watch the games and see that he brings something they don’t have in anybody else in that interior part of the line. But he also commits a lot of penalties. And when they put the camera on him he’s always talking trash, which is fine. But when you see that it’s also kinda like “shit, here we go. He’s talking trash. Hope he doesn’t get a stupid avoidable penalty here that he’ll just sort of laugh off.“ I get penalties happen too. Its just that with him they’re a little too constant. And they almost are always avoidable which makes them even more maddening. They would have been better off cutting him and Graham this off-season, Those were the two pretty obvious cuts that needed to happen if the front office was that concerned with getting the books in order. I’m not really mad about them keeping him. He’s a good player so it’s whatever. But they definitely should have sacrificed him for Fuller. if it came down to those two. Corner is way more important than DT. Fuller is younger too. It just didn’t really make any sense. Kindle Vildor is their staring corner. At least in the interior of the DL they have some talent. The cupboard isn’t bare. its pretty bare at corner.

Sorry. You don't pay $20 million for a cushion corner.
Cutting Hicks and keeping Fuller wouldn't improve anything.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Of course it would. There are actual replacements for Hicks. Maybe Vildor turns out to be a great player. Nobody really knows that now though so he’s a risk. We’re hoping he can be something. But as of right now it’s pretty questionable that he is the starting corner. Even without Hicks they have suitable replacements. Nobody as good as him. But you can survive without him. The secondary is garbage. Easily the weak spot of the defense. And there’s no way in hell Fuller being gone isn’t a major reason for that.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I’m just trying not to trash him. He’s young and I know he probably never turns out to be a good player. But young corners pretty much always struggle anyway so I don’t want to come across as if I think he’s a lost cause or that I expect him to be a game changer at this point. Or that I think what he is now is all he can ever be.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Corners struggle when the line doesn't get home. Too often today the interior pocket didn't collapse which led to easy big plays in the passing game. This isn't hard. Doesn't matter how good a corner is, they need a line. They are just as dependent on their line as a RB is on their offensive line. Especially a soft cushion corner like Fuller

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Mack showing up on the stat sheet. Hallelujah

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I understand where you’re coming from. You can make the argument that the d line getting pressure makes the corners better and therefore they need Hicks. I also get that it didn’t necessarily have to be either Hicks or Fuller. They could have found a way to keep both. But if it had to be between the two I would have rather kept Fuller and let Hicks go for the reasons stated earlier. And although I’m saying some negative stuff regarding Hicks I understand that he is a good player. I just get the vibe you’re going to start seeing diminishing returns. I fear they’ve gotten his best years and should probably move on before he becomes a similar situation to Danny T. I’d rather get rid of him a year early than a year too late.