Madman Pace with trades final Mock

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
This is my madman Pace draft. I tried to embody the "I'm the smartest guy in the room, so fuck y'all" mentality that Pace does so well. Combined with Coach "Too Cute" Nagy, this is the draft that either sends them off into the sunset together or sets us up.

I am starting with the scenario that all 5 top QBs are long gone before we draft.

1619706128490.png

25.) (from Jax) Elijah Moore WR, Ole Miss

(trade back with Jax to Trade back into 25 and pick up their early 2nd. Swap picks and trade AM. They get a talented WR who needs a change of scenery who still has a year left on his rookie, basically a prove it year.)

The most important part of this is that it fucks Green Bay. Us Bears fans use Fuck Green Bay like yogis use an ohm. I can’t tell you the number of mocks that have Moore going to Green Bay. He is perfect for what they need and would maybe propel them to hyper speed. Instead, he comes to the Bears and just plain lights it up.

1619706308920.png

31.) (52, 83, 204 = D.V 565.8: the value may be a little short on Baltimore’s side, but they want the extra picks. We trade back into the 1st, number 31 overall and draft Mond Using our 3rd, a 2nd, and 6th.)

Kellen Mond QB, Texas A&M

Pace trades up for his guy. I don’t like the trade up and don’t want it, but QB is overvalued, and Pace gets his guy. We know Mond is coachable. He has two vets to help him in the room. Grabbing him here ensures the 5th year option, should he work out. Think about what Baltimore did with my man Lamar Jackson.

1619706405583.png

33.) (from Jax) Samuel Cosmi T, Texas

A perfect 10 athlete. He is an average run blocker. He can get the job done there, but he will be a great pass blocker. I think he’s the best pass blocker with the highest upside in the draft. We get him, and he makes Leno expendable.

1619706842920.png

50.) (Miami) Jabril Cox LB, LSU

(Trade next year’s 2nd and a 4th plus this year’s 5th because Miami hoards picks)

The dude’s a 6’ 3” every down backer that many evaluators say is the best coverage linebacker in the draft. Having him and Smith ensures that, in today's pass happy NFL, coverage is covered. Everybody freaks on Pace for trading up for a lber, but think about the puns and the fact that a hole was filled (pun).

From Dane Brugler's The Beast:

gets an early jump on plays, understanding situations, route concepts and where the quarterback wants to go with the ball…long-armed tackler with the upper body strength to be a hit-lift-drive finisher…productive and disciplined in coverage, committing only three penalties the last three seasons…natural ball skills with 26 passes defended and nine interceptions in his career…mature, football focused mindset and quickly established himself as a team leader at LSU…productive resume with 316 tackles and 38.5 tackles for loss over 48 career starts.

1619706877125.png

6th.) Motherfucking savage Ben Mason FB/HB/UTE Michigan

Just watch him block and pancake dudes. Just watch him catch. Watch him hit on Special teams. Watch him pick up first down. Think outside the box as this guy could be the U TE that moves all over the formation. Imagine this guy hitting the modern 6’ 210 lb tweener MLB in the hole with Monty following. This guy upgrades our offense and st. The madman, future legend, and the guy who will rename the Marcus Monk award to the Ben Mason award. Stand in awe of this meat eating savage.

1619707061699.png

6th.) Sam Ehlinger QB, Texas

Watching this guy fall will have a lot of people scratching their heads. We now have some deeper ties to Texas, and double-dipping with Ehlinger is welcome. Pace doubles down and gets the guy that has intangibles. I’ve liked him since I saw him take his first snap as a freshman. He’s the character you take a chance on.

1619707225164.png
6th. Tyler Coyle S, Purdue

The dude can flat out fly. He has a 4.36 40. He’s big. What else could you want with our last pick?

From Dane Brugler's The Beast:

Coyle’s outstanding testing numbers confirmed the speed he put on film, sprinting through the alley or making plays near the sideline. However, he needs to be quicker reading run/pass and pick up more intel from the quarterback/routes to be disruptive in coverage. Overall, Coyle has outstanding speed and explosiveness, which will draw eyes once in an NFL camp, but his cover awareness and tackling have been inconsistent.

Last edited:

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
So 4 QBs on the roster? More doesn't equate to better

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Bears should try to trade Foles even if they take a hit. Tyler Bray is too old for the practice squad.

Dalton will be injured and on vacation in Florida by November.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not, but I'll bite.

In a year where we need a QB and get a top, grabbing a gamer like Ehlinger in the 6th would be a win.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Why the hell would you grab another QB in the 6th???? It would be better to use that pick on a corner.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if you're trolling or not, but I'll bite.

In a year where we need a QB and get a top, grabbing a gamer like Ehlinger in the 6th would be a win.

Ok but this year you have Dalton, Foles, Mond and Ehlinger on the roster then?

Can't stash a gamer like Ehlinger on the practice squad...

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
So the bears hired Tom Herman, former Texas coach, and the guy Ehlinger did not mince words over his inability to coach/get the most out of players' talents after Texas fired him--then draft Ehlinger to put him back with Herman because 'fuck Ehlinger.'

I like it. Vindictive Pace trying to make the kid's life miserable.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Trade out Mond for Mills, DL for Ehlinger and I like it.

A hard pass on Mills for me. Nope. Not after Mitch will I want a QB that's barely a one year starter with lots of upside. Give me Mills who I know I can coach up.

But, remember, this is what I think Pace'll do. He likes to double up. He's got two vets, so I don't think it's too crazy to think he'll grab two QBs.

In my last mock, I wanted, and still want, us to grab:

1617393905174.png

6th.) Ta’Quon Graham DT, Texas -- Bears fans are divided. They really want him to draft a DB or a T. Instead, he snags this ridiculously athletic DT that fell into the 6th. The D line rotation starts to look sick!

With the pick that I took Ehlinger in this draft.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
So the bears hired Tom Herman, former Texas coach, and the guy Ehlinger did not mince words over his inability to coach/get the most out of players' talents after Texas fired him--then draft Ehlinger to put him back with Herman because 'fuck Ehlinger.'

I like it. Vindictive Pace trying to make the kid's life miserable.

I am still laughing!

Count on the Bears to make sure to get a guy who can't maximize potential. Yup.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Jags are giving up 33 to move up 5 spots? And where the hell is 50 coming from? Why are you trading future 2nds for a 2nd string inside LB?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Jags are giving up 33 to move up 5 spots? And where the hell is 50 coming from? Why are you trading future 2nds for a 2nd string inside LB?

I'm confused. Did the details not post?

(trade back with Jax to Trade back into 25 and pick up their early 2nd. Swap picks and trade AM. They get a talented WR who needs a change of scenery who still has a year left on his rookie, basically a prove it year.)

And, as I said, "Everybody freaks on Pace for trading up for a lber, but think about the puns and the fact that a hole was filled (pun)."

So, we unload Anthony Miller and 1st rounder for Jax. They are happy to help fill some needs. Anthony Miller proceeds to have a break out year just like Leonard Floyd did. We all go, oh dah bearzzzzzz.....