Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Chicago Cubs' outfielder Marlon Byrd returned from his rehab assignment and was activated from the disabled list. Byrd will play center field and bat sixth as the Cubs continue the Crosstown Classic vs. the White Sox Saturday afternoon. Outfielder Lou Montanez was sent down to Triple-A Iowa.

Great move by the Cubs. Would like to think this move would provide inspiration, though the Cubs are :turrible:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
sweet...where will byrd start off in the lineup?

marky mark

Liked Posts:
good news, and 6th, open it open with a Grand Slam!

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
a bah bah oo mow mow mow, ba bah oomow, mow mow!

<3 that avian fish!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago Cubs' outfielder Marlon Byrd returned from his rehab assignment and was activated from the disabled list. Byrd will play center field and bat sixth as the Cubs continue the Crosstown Classic vs. the White Sox Saturday afternoon. Outfielder Lou Montanez was sent down to Triple-A Iowa.

Great move by the Cubs. Would like to think this move would provide inspiration, though the Cubs are :turrible:

It is good to see Marlon back with the team. He seems like he is a real good guy. He works hard and is a solid player. Unforunately we aren't getting a back a difference maker and Reed Johnson has actually being hitting better than Byrd had prior to the injury. I would gladly take Byrd over Johnson the rest of the season, but my point is that the offense really isn't going to get a huge boost by popping Byrd into the lineup again.

I am hoping that is does a give a lift to this team, but unless that lift carries over to the SP to make their ERA creep above last in the NL the good feelings don't matter. And really we all know at this point that it doesn't matter. Guys playing to increase their trade value for the club at this point is what we have to root for.