Matt Stafford

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
If the bears got him would he best the QB they've had since McMahon? I think he's a decent QB on a crappy team. Not sure what his contract looks like.

Davide

Liked Posts:
I think he played the last game in lions uniform

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Way better than Mitch and just as good a guy, well-liked by teammates and organization. He’d be a short term fix, and pricey, but I’d take him in a heartbeat.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He’s better than Trubs, but not close to worth the money he would ask for. That’s been the lions problem...paying a QB who needs a complete supporting cast, and as a result not having the $$$ to build that supporting cast.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The way the Bears are for quarterbacks is the way the Lions are for the entire sport of football. He's gotten a raw deal, the Lions win total has never been reflection of Stafford's talent. The guy is one of the better quarterbacks in the league and he's been stuck in actual football hell. I'd love to have him but the odds of him being dealt within the division are very slim unless the Bears are willing to break the bank in draft capital.

Also, Bears would need to compete with the 49ers who are probably willing to part with a first-round pick in order to acquire him. They add Stafford and stay moderately healthy and they may be the best team in the league, I'm sure they are aware of that fact.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Mathew statsford is his nickname. By bears standards I guess he is great. By normal nfl standards he’s just a stat machine mostly in garbage time. If you have an elite qb even mediocre teams elevate their competition level. Ask yourself in all the years of Stafford being a lion when have they been a feared team?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This isn't accurate at all
Since I was a lions fan up until the past 4 years, I think I know that team a little better than you. In fact, giving Stafford his 2nd big contract (and the hiring of fatty patty) was the reason I walked away after almost 45 years...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Mathew statsford is his nickname. By bears standards I guess he is great. By normal nfl standards he’s just a stat machine mostly in garbage time. If you have an elite qb even mediocre teams elevate their competition level. Ask yourself in all the years of Stafford being a lion when have they been a feared team?

Stat Padford*

Visionman

Liked Posts:
For most of his career, he had Calvin Johnson to throw to. He specialized in the “chuck and duck” strategy, and it kept him from developing. He has improved a lot these past couple seasons, I will give him that.
But he’s not being traded in the division, and I don’t think we should, or could, invest that much in a short term improvement at QB.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Lions were a shit organization when they got Stafford and they were a shit organization when they got him. Also does having a crappy defense only apply for Watson because Mitch had career games against the Lions D think about that for a second. The Lions D let Mitch had some of the best games of his career against them.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Since I was a lions fan up until the past 4 years, I think I know that team a little better than you. In fact, giving Stafford his 2nd big contract (and the hiring of fatty patty) was the reason I walked away after almost 45 years...
His contracts haven't been anything all that restricting. The front office has just done a terrible job drafting and in free agency. They've also had mostly very bad coaching in his career. I think Stafford is slightly overrated, but what you are saying to me is in my opinion the opposite extreme.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How many excuses will Stafford get in his 11years? He has had good defenses to work with...and had Calvin Johnson, Golladay, Tate and Jones Jr to throw to. He hasn't exactly had a barren cupboard to work with

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Lions were a shit organization when they got Stafford and they were a shit organization when they got him. Also does having a crappy defense only apply for Watson because Mitch had career games against the Lions D think about that for a second. The Lions D let Mitch had some of the best games of his career against them.
I live in Michigan listen to mostly Detroit sports talk radio and most of my friends are lions fans. He’s just over rated. I can only attest to what I know. But I will give him this the players in locker love him. I know allot of the players mostly on defense and they all like him. I will give him that

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
How many excuses will Stafford get in his 11years? He has had good defenses to work with...and had Calvin Johnson, Golladay, Tate and Jones Jr to throw to. He hasn't exactly had a barren cupboard to work with
Has he had good defenses? Its possible, but I certainly don't remember any. As far as the talent around him, he has generally produced all along.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Good defenses? When?