Matt Stafford

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Has he had good defenses? Its possible, but I certainly don't remember any. As far as the talent around him, he has generally produced all along.
Might want to look at his stats and get back to me. His career QB rating is a bit underwhelming, especially since he was drafted #1

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Mathew statsford is his nickname. By bears standards I guess he is great. By normal nfl standards he’s just a stat machine mostly in garbage time. If you have an elite qb even mediocre teams elevate their competition level. Ask yourself in all the years of Stafford being a lion when have they been a feared team?

Bingo!

He gets credit for all of his 4th quarter/overtime comeback wins. What they never mention is he creates his own holes against teams they should be never be trailing to get those comeback wins. He is a stat machine between the 20s. Make Trubisky like errors in the red zone all the time. Puts up a lot of stats when the game is over.

He is not a QB that will help us.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Keep in mind he spent these last two and a two-third seasons being thoroughly ruined by an incompetent despot who was hired as head coach because everyone thought he was a rocket scientist. Turns out the only engineering job he ever held was an apprentice air filter designer (and he still wont shut up about it). I don't think you can find a worse coach than Patricia in the league right now.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Stafford is overrated but the Lions will were a bad organization in the past present and they likely will be in the future after he leaves. There are maybe 3 QBs in the league that could turn the Lions around. No good free agents wants to play for them.

The year after Calvin left.

Idk maybe I'm just sick of all these Bear QBs more then I like Stafford. Can the bears at least have a QB that can accurately throw it past 10 yards? That doesn't throw ducks.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Might want to look at his stats and get back to me. His career QB rating is a bit underwhelming, especially since he was drafted #1
What numbers am I supposed to be looking at to back the claim? Hes had really good stats most of his career. A couple down years, but far and away better than anything the bears have ever had.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
How many excuses will Stafford get in his 11years? He has had good defenses to work with...and had Calvin Johnson, Golladay, Tate and Jones Jr to throw to. He hasn't exactly had a barren cupboard to work with

Has there even been a QB in the NFL with this many consecutive seasons starting on one team and not a single playoff win to show for it?

It’s quite the record.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Has there even been a QB in the NFL with this many consecutive seasons starting on one team and not a single playoff win to show for it?

It’s quite the record.

Understandably, Bears fans just think he's better because he is better than everything this team has ever had...but that doesn't make him a leader or even a good QB

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Bingo!

He gets credit for all of his 4th quarter/overtime comeback wins. What they never mention is he creates his own holes against teams they should be never be trailing to get those comeback wins. He is a stat machine between the 20s. Make Trubisky like errors in the red zone all the time. Puts up a lot of stats when the game is over.

He is not a QB that will help us.
To be fair he does have a nicer deep ball than dear sweet mitchel. But he has that goofy side arm throw and makes many of the mental midget mistakes you brought up

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
The only time Mitch can throw it accurately past 10 yards is when he plays the Lions defense lmao

msadows

Liked Posts:
Much better than mitch, but not good enough to win with and will cost you a ton.

So yea, gonna be a no for me dawg.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Understandably, Bears fans just think he's better because he is better than everything this team has ever had...but that doesn't make him a leader or even a good QB

Agreed.

If he was good the lions wouldn't be considering getting rid of him.

His stats are heavily padded every year. He's not even a top 10 QB.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Agreed.

The Lions committed franchise suicide by hiring a wrecking ball for a head coach and now they are convinced that Stafford needs to go too. They are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed.

didn't think it possible, but you get dumber by the day.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Stat Padford thing is a cute and clever nickname but it runs into one major issue: it's not true. If you want to see stat padding please refer to something more like 2020 Deshaun Watson. Stafford's statistics are pretty modest and you wont really gain any appreciation for him unless you watch him and realize he's been doing Pat Mahomes things for the last ten years.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mathew statsford is his nickname. By bears standards I guess he is great. By normal nfl standards he’s just a stat machine mostly in garbage time. If you have an elite qb even mediocre teams elevate their competition level. Ask yourself in all the years of Stafford being a lion when have they been a feared team?
Disagree. I think he leads the NFL in 4th QTR come backs.. I could be making that up. I know he has a lot of them. He's played mostly with shit defenses and no running game. He's a tough SOB too. I don't know if or what I'd pay him, 32 he has probably 4-5 years left.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Someone post his record vs teams with a winning record.....

mecha

Liked Posts:
Disagree. I think he leads the NFL in 4th QTR come backs.. I could be making that up. I know he has a lot of them. He's played mostly with shit defenses and no running game.

Jay Cutler did too lol. that's what happens when you play for garbage incomplete teams. guys like Rodgers don't lead in 4th quarter comebacks because they never fell behind to begin with. even in the flashes where the Lions were "good" they were always kittens. it's unconscionable that the Bears lost that 2nd game to them this season. or that the 1st one came down to a pass in the endzone that got dropped.