Matt Stafford

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I think im a little confused at what the discussion has turned into. I would absolutely take Stafford and he would be a massive upgrade. Lions will never trade him within the division though.

As far as what Stafford is...hes a top 15 qb in the NFL which I would take any day of the week. Lions front office has failed him more than he has failed them.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think im a little confused at what the discussion has turned into. I would absolutely take Stafford and he would be a massive upgrade. Lions will never trade him within the division though.

As far as what Stafford is...hes a top 15 qb in the NFL which I would take any day of the week. Lions front office has failed him more than he has failed them.

I appreciate your rational contributions.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler did too lol. that's what happens when you play for garbage incomplete teams. guys like Rodgers don't lead in 4th quarter comebacks because they never fell behind to begin with. even in the flashes where the Lions were "good" they were always kittens. it's unconscionable that the Bears lost that 2nd game to them this season. or that the 1st one came down to a pass in the endzone that got dropped.
Right, what I mean is he's not a bad QB. He's definitely better than Cutler.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
The Stat Padford thing is a cute and clever nickname but it runs into one major issue: it's not true. If you want to see stat padding please refer to something more like 2020 Deshaun Watson. Stafford's statistics are pretty modest and you wont really gain any appreciation for him unless you watch him and realize he's been doing Pat Mahomes things for the last ten years.

Are you serious? What a moronic thing to say.

I've actually watched Stafford a lot over the years for fantasy purposes. He digs holes against teams that have no business leading against the lions. Then he makes these comebacks and gets credit for being a great QB. He's not. He's good, but not a QB that will lead a team anywhere. If he was any good, he would have at least one playoff win in his career. Just one.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Disagree. I think he leads the NFL in 4th QTR come backs.. I could be making that up. I know he has a lot of them. He's played mostly with shit defenses and no running game. He's a tough SOB too. I don't know if or what I'd pay him, 32 he has probably 4-5 years left.

Lots of comebacks he created by sucking for 3 quarters against inferior teams.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the bears got him would he best the QB they've had since McMahon? I think he's a decent QB on a crappy team. Not sure what his contract looks like.

We’re you listening to the score around 5:30 last night when Danny Parkins was talking about this? And he even admitted there’s 0 chance in the world of this ever happening?

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler did too lol. that's what happens when you play for garbage incomplete teams. guys like Rodgers don't lead in 4th quarter comebacks because they never fell behind to begin with. even in the flashes where the Lions were "good" they were always kittens. it's unconscionable that the Bears lost that 2nd game to them this season. or that the 1st one came down to a pass in the endzone that got dropped.

Well said!

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The Stat Padford thing is a cute and clever nickname but it runs into one major issue: it's not true. If you want to see stat padding please refer to something more like 2020 Deshaun Watson. Stafford's statistics are pretty modest and you wont really gain any appreciation for him unless you watch him and realize he's been doing Pat Mahomes things for the last ten years.
Seriously??? Yes, Stafford will make a WOW play once in awhile. Usually followed (or preceded) by several boneheaded plays.

He’s been lucky to have a WR like CJ, and now Golladay, to bail him out so often.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
We’re you listening to the score around 5:30 last night when Danny Parkins was talking about this? And he even admitted there’s 0 chance in the world of this ever happening?
No I don't listen to the score to be honest.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Seriously??? Yes, Stafford will make a WOW play once in awhile. Usually followed (or preceded) by several boneheaded plays.

He’s been lucky to have a WR like CJ, and now Golladay, to bail him out so often.
How much have golladay and Stafford played together? One or the other is always injured. Its probably been more of Marvin Jones "bailing him out" over the last couple years.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
How much have golladay and Stafford played together? One or the other is always injured. Its probably been more of Marvin Jones "bailing him out" over the last couple years.
Jones is a pretty good WR, but Stafford used Golladay a ton for those 50/50 jump balls. True, Golladay has been out a lot recently. But the point is, for most of Staffords career, he’s had a big WR to bail him out of bad decisions. Then again, throwing it up to those two is probably never a bad decision...but it certainly didn’t help him to develop into a complete QB worthy of his contracts.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I'd like to see what he could do with good coaching.

Unfortunately the Bears don't have that.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lots of comebacks he created by sucking for 3 quarters against inferior teams.

Is Chicago one of those inferior teams? He did it twice this year, with a lucky drop for 'us'. You can go through and cherry pick your bullshit games if you want, I give zero fucks. He's a top 15 QB in the NFL and is light years better than anything we've drafted, signed, put out on the field in the past 25 years. In fact this entire list is lol

Matthew Stafford's Career 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives | Pro-Football-Reference.com (pro-football-reference.com)

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Is Chicago one of those inferior teams? He did it twice this year, with a lucky drop for 'us'. You can go through and cherry pick your bullshit games if you want, I give zero fucks. He's a top 15 QB in the NFL and is light years better than anything we've drafted, signed, put out on the field in the past 25 years. In fact this entire list is lol

Matthew Stafford's Career 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives | Pro-Football-Reference.com (pro-football-reference.com)

Your anger is amusing. Do you have a crush on Stafford? I never said he sucks. In fact, in one of my posts I say he is a good QB. He's just not great and my point is that he gets credit for comebacks in games where he helped create the deficit with his shitty play and boneheaded mistakes. He is also a stat stuffer late in games where the pressure is off and the defense is playing prevent. I have watched him a ton for fantasy purposes over the years.

Yes, I would take him over mitch as he has talent, but he's not going to be the reason a team wins the Super Bowl.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He would instantly become the best QB we've ever had.

I'm not sure if that's because of his talent, or because we've literally never had a good QB.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If the bears got him would he best the QB they've had since McMahon? I think he's a decent QB on a crappy team. Not sure what his contract looks like.
We would up have won at least 3 more games this years and maybe even a victory over the packers

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He is #23 for active QB's in avg. yards per play for his career, #20 in passer rating for active QB's in his career and has 23 pick 6's. Don't get fooled by the yardage. NO thanks