McCown: Tough call rejecting Bears for UFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked Posts:
The New Britain Herald reports: Josh McCown is excited about playing for the Hartford Colonials of the United Football League after turning down a chance to compete for the Bears' backup quarterback job.

"Certainly the goal is to get back to the NFL, but I'm ready to play again, I'm excited about playing (for Hartford)," said McCown, an eight-year NFL veteran with the Cardinals, Lions, Raiders and Panthers.

McCown and his agent spent all day Sunday negotiating with the Bears.

"It wasn't an easy (decision), but it was one that, throughout the day, I wrestled with and it was just something I had more peace with the more I thought about continuing on this path with the UFL," McCown said.

Get the full story: NewBritainHerald.com

More...

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
He would've been a better backup than Todd Collins but he screwed himself when he signed w/ the UFL. If he was still a FA in both leagues, he'd be a Bear by now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He would have no guarantee to stay with the Bears, they can't afford to put the roster spot for a 3rd QB on the team and He'd likely be cut again. He is better off in the UFL with ability to play and continue his career in some way and maybe the NFL later in the season.

Josh hasn't ever been good as a Qb though so it's not like it would of been a gain if he did join the team. Even with Boldin then Boldin and Fitzgerald he was a bad QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.