McGary stock falling to late first

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a body we could really use if he falls. He has spaz issues, but rarely do guys of his size and weight display the energy he has, he would be a good pairing with Noah, and a good body against PF's like Zach Randolph who lack length but have size.

McGary is an unintentional bully, immovable like a rock, but scrambles after every loose ball. His pro game looks to me to be limited, like a Perkins type, but would certainly give us the front court energy and help we need off the bench.

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every team needs a scrappy white guy.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
we have had enough unskilled scrappy white boys in our time

its time for some shooters...i want to play like the warriors...they are fun to watch

[video=youtube;KlaBSlQzObw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlaBSlQzObw[/video]

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I feel like Michigan underutilized McGary this year when he was healthy.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Much rather spend our first-rounder on a pure scorer.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
speaking of the warriors...if we suck bad enough we might manage to get Klay Thompson but with better handles and athletic ability...are yall telling me thats not a player yall would want? yall rather get owned by the pacers?

not me....sign me up to the Zach LaVine bandwagon

zach-lavine-2013-ncaa-mens-basketball-0b8D43.jpg

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Definitely the kind of guy I like on my team. I will take toughness on my team anytime. I've been quoted many times as wanting an enforcer type. It looks like we might have two 1st round picks, so him late and a scorer early would be nice. All speculation at this point, but a guy to keep an eye on, imo, thanks!

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rodney Hood....fap fap fap

Reactions: X

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
no more Duke....please....every player we have is 6'9 from Duke it seems like lol

Jabari is the only one im giving a pass to...and thats because i feel hes special player

I kid, I kid. He wouldn't be an awful player to look at though :shifty:

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
NBAdraft.net has that dude falling to the 2nd round. For my choice in the second round I have two words Mamadou Ndiaye

[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10000956[/video]

Can't teach size and he is pretty agile for 7'6". Only been playing ball for 2 years so he has some potential and would make a good back up for Noah.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NBAdraft.net has that dude falling to the 2nd round. For my choice in the second round I have two words Mamadou Ndiaye

[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10000956[/video]

Can't teach size and he is pretty agile for 7'6". Only been playing ball for 2 years so he has some potential and would make a good back up for Noah.
Or he could end up like Shawn Bradley...who knows. I guess with a 2nd round pick you can't go wrong with a guy like that. Huge upside but huge risk of being a bust. I hope we have a good big man coach.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Or he could end up like Shawn Bradley...who knows. I guess with a 2nd round pick you can't go wrong with a guy like that. Huge upside but huge risk of being a bust. I hope we have a good big man coach.

Shawn Bradley looked like a broomstick coming out of high school. This guy has a NBA body already at 18 weighing 290lbs. But exactly, worth the risk on a 2nd round pick.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Much rather spend our first-rounder on a pure scorer.
I'd rather spend all our picks on scorers. Let Thibs teach them defense and we'll probably come out with something watchable.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
My Draft Strategy:

I actually love that idea of LaVine and wouldn't mind getting his UCLA teamate Anderson either. Both have huge upside and Anderson plays a good PG/SG/SF( The ultimate utility guy) As is with a 5-7 lotto pic, LaVine, 10 to 15 depends on if they keep Deng. With Deng you take a risk with Aaron Gordon and hope he grows into a PF. He reminds me to much of Derrick Williams which is ironic that they are both Az. alums. If he has to learn SF he wont have a long career in NBA. Without Deng then you go for a GRIII or Doug McDermott. For our second rounder I think we go for either a PG with a nose for the basket like Elfrid Payton (think Lillard game wise) or Jahii Carson (Isaiah Thomas like) or a back up C like I showed peviously.

If we can somehow get another late first rounder, you go for Kyle Anderson without question. Can't go wrong with a 6'9" player who is a natural point but can back up two other positions just as easily.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

McGary has power and hustle, and is a good passer. His post scoring makes him an imperfect compliment to Noah, but he can use spacing and showed the ability to work well with a great point guard. (Trey Burke)