Mel Tucker - WTF head coach

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'll reiterate, he had Pro Bowl and All Pro caliber players with the Bears and made them look like cunts. Trestman actually would've been fine if they weren't giving up like 40 points by halftime.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I talk about team culture allot here especially when it comes to reinsdorf and his jagaloon front offices. You can put MSU in this category as well. He wasn’t first choice he was just the only one who would take the job

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Mel Tucker was the SINGLE GREATEST defensive mind to ever bless this shithole of a franchise with his presence. Urlacher was LUCKY to play for such a great coach. All you dumb cunts who can’t see reality for what it is, NEED TO WAKE UP!!

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Does college have a Rooney rule where you have to interview one shitty coach before hiring a good one?
I've actually followed the MSU coaching search debacle. I'm not even a fan of that team, I just wanted to see who they were able to hire in February after recruiting was completed. Yikes.

I don't believe the NCAA has a "Rooney Rule" per se, but you can bet your ass there are political influences on many large campuses on the BoT level, who would like to see a transparent process that considers minority candidates. Not every university is the same, each BoT is different so it really is specific to each campus.

In this situation, it appears there was disagreement with the process the AD took initially and a couple board members got involved and sent out a strongly worded email to the AD to slow the process down. They were well received by other BoT members and administrators on campus, so the AD was limited initially from what I gather.

In the end that athletic department and culture has a black eye from Nassar and his sexual exploitation of athletes along with some other issues the football/basketball team have had with sexual assault/rape allegations over the last 5-10 years. There are so many moving parts to this situation at MSU, I'm not sure many coaches wanted that job. Fickell (Cincy coach) supposedly got cold feet after sleeping on it and his wife voicing her displeasure with the Nassar situation/culture.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
He did the coolest thing at camp. He had a huge table like thing set up and the players had to stay under it in a low athletic/bow like stance before running out and exercising a play. People were like wtf is that?!?!?

I think it was his way of teaching the players humbleness for the double 40 burger games that were looming in the horizon.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Skeletors beast man
5xpHNKbI-oeje09-4wvkGYoeFoWlhOr4KGxQAzv6FLJA-oIto1b5gRYdldYvQkGKS8tXCGNDjrx0Y_exnAxXDcLRfy6PAGVEgGdTXEF6wyFJRbt_SfDVs8HNv4n9enwOvZwD
48iJ1shX_400x400.jpg

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Maybe his motivation tactics work better in the college game and possibly he grew throughout the years. But in his time with the Bears, he was single-handily the worse coach I've ever seen coach at this level. He was completely overwhelmed and teams were scoring at will. It was under him where Rodgers put up 50 on us and benched himself by halftime.

I remember multiple times when teams were up big on us, just trying to run out the clock. Everyone knew they were running on consecutive drives, yet we would get gashed for huge chunks of yards play after play. Teams would drive down the field the entire field....it was embarrassing. So many terrible memories under him..

jive

Liked Posts:
Maybe his motivation tactics work better in the college game and possibly he grew throughout the years. But in his time with the Bears, he was single-handily the worse coach I've ever seen coach at this level. He was completely overwhelmed and teams were scoring at will. It was under him where Rodgers put up 50 on us and benched himself by halftime.

I remember multiple times when teams were up big on us, just trying to run out the clock. Everyone knew they were running on consecutive drives, yet we would get gashed for huge chunks of yards play after play. Teams would drive down the field the entire field....it was embarrassing. So many terrible memories under him..
I have seen some terrible Bears teams, but that team was near unwatchable for me. And that's as a guy who has watched every game since 1984. There were teams with worse records that played with more heart than that awful defense. They went from one of the best to one of the worst with similar personnel. It was utterly embarrassing to see how teams ran the ball so easily against us. You could see that the guys were unprepared and had given up on their coach.

PeterG

Da Coach.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Our old friend Mel!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Dantonio screwed them badly. Once Fickell said no they should have just promoted someone to interim HC and gotten a better guy next year.

As an Illinois fan I'm happy about this, though.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Great my Illini will have success from MSU for a couple years until MSU wises up.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I have seen some terrible Bears teams, but that team was near unwatchable for me. And that's as a guy who has watched every game since 1984. There were teams with worse records that played with more heart than that awful defense. They went from one of the best to one of the worst with similar personnel. It was utterly embarrassing to see how teams ran the ball so easily against us. You could see that the guys were unprepared and had given up on their coach.

What's even worse though, is that Trestman plucked him off the Jaguars at the time who were ranked 30th in defense..smh

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Say what you will, but the man has exactly the same number of Big 10 championships as Harbaugh.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tucker fucked CU. He was very unprofessional in his handling of this. Dude is a shitty coach and leader. Hope he gets shit canned mid season.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
"While I am flattered to be considered for the HC job @MSU_football, I am committed to @CUBuffsFootball for #TheBuild of our program, its great athletes, coaches & supporters. #UnfinishedBusiness #GoBuffs We are #Relentless #Culture #TheBuild"

-Mel Tucker, 3 days ago.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
This glorious bum is now head coach of Michigan state football. Gave up 30 points in ten games with Colorado.

I read this as like his defense allowed only 30 points over the course of 10 games and was like damn solid job Ol Mel then I went to check their games from last year and the first one I saw said they allowed 31 points. I then knew what you meant. Shame on me.