Metchie III | Film Breakdown

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'll admit, I somewhat have overlooked Metchie simply due to Jameson Williams taking up so much of the spotlight. But the more I focus on Metchie and watch his tape, the more I like him.

I am concerned about the ACL, but if he does tend to drop because of it I would love to take a shot at him.

Unless it's for Jameson Williams, I don't want to use one of our 2nds for someone coming off injury. We need healthy and impactful contributors.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I read that he ran a 4.6, which was surprising. Usually I don't put much stock in 40 times, but a small reciever with a thin frame... there isn't much hope for him unless he is a burner.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I read that he ran a 4.6, which was surprising. Usually I don't put much stock in 40 times, but a small reciever with a thin frame... there isn't much hope for him unless he is a burner.
Where'd you read this about his 40 time? He most certainly hasn't run it during the draft process.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I don't trust that as a true indicator of speed they aren't running the same way they would in a football game anyway so it's pointless.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Was coming back from the ACL I believe.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I don't trust that as a true indicator of speed they aren't running the same way they would in a football game anyway so it's pointless.
I don't worry about it with most positions, but I do pay attention to the 40 time when its comes to CBs and WRs. In the NFL WRs who don't have speed generally need to have great hands and be physical.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Don’t worry about speed and hand size. He beats DBs and gets separation regularly. He’s a stud. If the Bears have a shot at him or Jameson Williams, take a shot and hope the injury has healed.

I feel the same way for Pickens, but more so for Williams or Metchie.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If Metchie is running a 4.6 40 with a torn ACL then I'm amazed. LOL!

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Jameson Williams is on a completely different level and will go middle first round.

Metchie is the 75th best prospect and about the 10th best ranked receiver.

But what do pro scouts know..

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Metchie kind of reminds me Calvin Ridley. Really close in size and style of play. Ridley is just a little bigger and probably a little faster. But both are pretty good route technicians. I think you can move Metchie all over the field and he can make plays for you at all 3 levels (short, intermediate and deep). I think it really says a lot that he was able to get a little time at Bama as a freshman with 4 1st round pick in that WR room. He had 900+ yards along side Waddle and Smith last year. Dude forced his way on the field, didn't transfer when he didn't get the ball enough as a freshman, and produced in big games. I don't know that the Bears can afford to wait to take him in the 3rd or have him be the 1st WR they take, because that's a lot of pressure on a rookie coming off an ACL tear within the calendar year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jameson Williams is on a completely different level and will go middle first round.

Not as much as you would think when it comes to the crap shoot of the draft. They all get picks wrong multiple times. You don't know until you actually see them playing in the NFL.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Still loling at the small wr with thin frame. Like wut? 6 ft 205 is anything but either of those things. He dropped down to 195 to help with recovery time this off season. But he's said he plays around 205. He's a pretty stout dude. Which anyone can see if they actually watched him play.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

Huh, I didn’t know he was the 75th best prospect. I guess Poles needs to make moves now to secure that #74 pick in the draft if he wants him. Because he’s the 75th best prospect.

Is every ranking saying he’s the 10th best WR? Because I seriously doubt that. The only reason he’d be below some of the guys regularly mocked in the 2nd is due to the ACL. He’s a gamer. Ridley is a solid comp. Anyone who watched more than 2 or 3 Bama games saw how easily he always seemed to get open.

He played in a stacked WR room and against the best competition in the SEC and still produced.

Not saying it will translate to the league, but saying Williams is on a whole other level is incorrect, IMO.