flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
The Cowboys are interested in trading him so would you give up pick 9 for him, the Lions are also interested in him. I'm on the fence about this but he is a beast pass rusher. His contract this year is like 5.7 million

Canth

Liked Posts:
Where are there even any rumors that the Cowboys are interested in trading Parsons? The most I have seen is that Dallas waits until the last second to give out contracts and that affects Dak, Lamb, and Parsons. But I have not seen anything about them looking to trade any of those 3 guys.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide

Worn Thin!' Rumor: Are Dallas Cowboys Tired of Micah Parsons? From sports illustrated​

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yeah I haven’t heard anything about DAL wanting to trade him. He‘s the best pass rusher in the game completely in his prime.

i get that he’ll be the highest paid defensive player in the league, but DAL would be dumb to trade him.

they should keep him and dump Dak honestly

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Yeah I haven’t heard anything about DAL wanting to trade him. He‘s the best pass rusher in the game completely in his prime.

i get that he’ll be the highest paid defensive player in the league, but DAL would be dumb to trade him.

they should keep him and dump Dak honestly
They are tired of dealing with Parsons per reports and have a few players they must resign, just google Parsons and the Cowboys. I've seen a lot of chatter about how many people in the Cowboys organization would be happy to see him leave and tell me what you read about this.

On 105.3 The Fan, Shan Shariff spoke about whispers at The Star and how people in the organization may feel about the team’s best player.
“I’ve heard from way too many people this offseason,” Shariff said on Friday. “I’m talking about at least four different people (have said) that Micah has worn thin there. I don’t know how much is true and how much it actually hurts (Parsons’ reputation). I don’t know whether this is the behavior of a typical superstar. I don’t (know) how damaging it is.

“But all I do know is this – I’ve heard from way too many people that if Micah Parsons was out of there, there would be a decent amount of people inside the Ford Center at The Star in Frisco smiling or breathing a sigh of relief.” Others are reporting the same thing.

Last edited:

Yogi

Liked Posts:
There'd be no 'on the fence' about it if Dallas is taking calls and they like #9, even as just a starting point.

He's two years younger than Mack when we traded for him, and he has as many sacks and more QB pressures in his first 3 seasons than Mack had in his first 4.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
If we lived in a world where there was no salary cap in the NFL sure. In reality, no. They can’t afford his contract. They need the 9 pick for a cheap rookie contact where they’re underpaying a guy. Or even for a trade down to acquire more picks on cheap rookie contracts.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
There'd be no 'on the fence' about it if Dallas is taking calls and they like #9, even as just a starting point.

He's two years younger than Mack when we traded for him, and he has as many sacks and more QB pressures in his first 3 seasons than Mack had in his first 4.
It sure sounds like they are open to trading him the cost is the question but 9 and next years second could do it depending on how badly they want him to leave

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
If we lived in a world where there was no salary cap in the NFL sure. In reality, no. They can’t afford his contract. They need the 9 pick for a cheap rookie contact where they’re underpaying a guy. Or even for a trade down to acquire more picks on cheap rookie contracts.
He is due $5.7 this year which we can afford, next year is another question but good teams seem to find a way for star players. Will that pick at 9 come even a little close to the talent Parsons already is? He's one of the best in the game, vs pick 9, hum, I'd rather take the sure thing

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
The Bears will literally have 80+ million dollars for cap space after this season...

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
You don’t trade that much without paying him. They’re not trading a 1st and 2nd for a 1 year rental.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
They are tired of dealing with Parsons per reports and have a few players they must resign, just google Parsons and the Cowboys. I've seen a lot of chatter about how many people in the Cowboys organization would be happy to see him leave and tell me what you read about this.

On 105.3 The Fan, Shan Shariff spoke about whispers at The Star and how people in the organization may feel about the team’s best player.
“I’ve heard from way too many people this offseason,” Shariff said on Friday. “I’m talking about at least four different people (have said) that Micah has worn thin there. I don’t know how much is true and how much it actually hurts (Parsons’ reputation). I don’t know whether this is the behavior of a typical superstar. I don’t (know) how damaging it is.

“But all I do know is this – I’ve heard from way too many people that if Micah Parsons was out of there, there would be a decent amount of people inside the Ford Center at The Star in Frisco smiling or breathing a sigh of relief.” Others are reporting the same thing.
I don’t buy it at all. It’s just the Cowboys being the Cowboys. He’s not getting into trouble off he field or making a scene. He’s not a “problem child”

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The fact that he’s due a very large extension soon, they might not get as much as they want for him. Seems buying teams are getting better trades if that large contract is due(Sneed out of KC comes to mind)

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
You don’t trade that much without paying him. They’re not trading a 1st and 2nd for a 1 year rental.
We can afford his cap hit this year and as Clint pointed out next year the Bears will be flush with cap space

Yogi

Liked Posts:

The Bears would be in a pretty good position to make him the highest paid defender in the NFL while Caleb is on his rookie deal.

And it's the exact kind of move they should be making to maximize the team's potential during that rookie QB contract.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
The fact that he’s due a very large extension soon, they might not get as much as they want for him. Seems buying teams are getting better trades if that large contract is due(Sneed out of KC comes to mind)
How badly do they want to get rid of him versus the 9 pick. That would make our defense feared

Last edited: