Michael Jordan didnt like the Ice Man

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
The sophomore season is supposed to be the one when the league catches up with a rookie star and adjusts. Defenses never really did, at least not with Jordan. But events began to overtake the young star and begin some of the fissures with General Manager Jerry Krause that would be an ongoing theme for much of Jordan’s career.

The Bulls failed to win a preseason game, going 0-8 after 5-2 in Jordan’s rookie season, when Quentin Dailey went back into drug treatment. Seeking to make up for the backcourt loss, Krause traded David Greenwood for George Gervin. Yes, the Gervin whom Jordan believed was one of the key players in the conspiracy to embarrass him at the 1985 All-Star game. And as it later would come out, Gervin also was experiencing drug issues at the time.

Jordan simply told reporters he was “unhappy” about the deal. The same day the Bulls placed forward Rod Higgins on waivers. Not only was Higgins Jordan’s only friend on the team, but Higgins was the best person, a conservative, religious man.

Wow I tend to like star players who come and join us late in their career such as Gervin and Parish but this upset me. I cant believe Gervin had a part in that and also that he was into drugs. Seems like David Stern really cleaned up the league because the 80s were full of drugs especially on our team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imagine if there was team chemistry. Gervin + Jordan? That's a very very VERY solid offensive punch even if the Iceman was old and melting (bad joke).

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Imagine if there was team chemistry. Gervin + Jordan? That's a very very VERY solid offensive punch even if the Iceman was old and melting (bad joke).

Jordan didnt play much with him. 17 games plus the playoffs. Gervin though on his last legs did score over a thousand points. He wore number 8 for us.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Newskoolbulls wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:

Jordan didnt play much with him. 17 games plus the playoffs. Gervin though on his last legs did score over a thousand points. He wore number 8 for us.
Oh yeah he broke his foot...I amend my statement. If there was team chemistry AND if Jordan didn't get injured, etc etc