Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Still stupid of pace to sign Glennon. Washington just made the playoffs, and losing Cousins would hurt Washington badly. Glennon was a viable choice. The Bears? They would be shitty with or without Glennon, and Pace decided to draft Trubs. Just dumb.

AussieBear

da grudens be smarts n know offense.. .. bears fuckd da glennon from da go

Nicker

Liked Posts:
Still stupid of pace to sign Glennon. Washington just made the playoffs, and losing Cousins would hurt Washington badly. Glennon was a viable choice. The Bears? They would be shitty with or without Glennon, and Pace decided to draft Trubs. Just dumb.
I understand the move blew up, and to be honest I was mad when Pace signed glennon. But when he then turned around and drafted trubisky I instantly saw what he was doing. He was in effect taking 2 chances at landing a franchise QB. He took the best young QB in the free agency class and the draft class.

Signing Glennon actually served two additional roles. The first was as a back up plan in case Pace couldn't land his QB in the draft. The second was To serve as a place holder for the rookie QB (who Pace clearly expected to be trubisky) in case the rookie wasn't ready.

In my opinion it was actually a brilliant move because he was able to structure Glennons contract so that he could cut bait at 1 year if it didn't work out.

I don't understand why people hate it so much still? What did it cost the bears? We already know that free agents turned down the bears for less money. So what if he over paid... maybe he had too. Hell, from Glennons view, would you want your one shot to be a starter be on a team that hasn't competed in 5 years and has one of the worst offenses in the league? Maybe glennon only went with the bears because the money was SO much better.

Either way, it cost the team nothing going forward, it was well worth taking the chance to land a possible franchise QB. We should just be glad he sucked so bad they were able to pull the plug after just 4 games and now we get to see if trubisky will work out.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
da grudens be smarts n know offense.. .. bears fuckd da glennon from da go

You remind me of one of those suckers who gets dumped by his girlfriend and then cries aboot it for two and a half years.

giphy.gif

AussieBear

You remind me of one of those suckers who gets dumped by his girlfriend and then cries aboot it for two and a half years.

giphy.gif

so the grudens dont know football?

you be making no sense..

and whos crying.. u seem upset to makes it personal.. or is it the narrative... aint no other team be wanted the glennon you bois pushed.... did daddy not gives ye enough milk

meetthefockers_6.jpg

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so the grudens dont know football?

you be making no sense..

and whos crying.. u seem upset to makes it personal.. or is it the narrative... aint no other team be wanted the glennon you bois pushed.... did daddy not gives ye enough milk

meetthefockers_6.jpg

giphy.gif

AussieBear

awww aldi getting mad... its okay.. i forgive ye brother.. may god bless you and show you the path to enlightenment..

[video=youtube;b3oY4jgoIoU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3oY4jgoIoU[/video]

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Nicker,

I don't get it either. Its not like Glennon's contract is a noose around the neck of the Bears for the next 5 seasons.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
i agree with all points, but i think people are more mad at the misevaluation of talent when it comes to glennon. he is what he always was and pace shouldve known better. he was a director of player personnel in the same division as glennon.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Nicker,

I don't get it either. Its not like Glennon's contract is a noose around the neck of the Bears for the next 5 seasons.

Racist

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
i agree with all points, but i think people are more mad at the misevaluation of talent when it comes to glennon. he is what he always was and pace shouldve known better. he was a director of player personnel in the same division as glennon.

Actually this isn't true. He was actually pretty good in his starts for the Bucs.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
The salary is a problem, but the bigger problem is that he fucking sucks at playing quarterback

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RochBear

Liked Posts:
Actually this isn't true. He was actually pretty good in his starts for the Bucs.
Too many on this board don't remember that. FO numbers suggest he was adequate despite being in his first and second years when he played behind a bad Tampa OL. (He was hurt his third and fourth year ... the Bucs got McGown and the OL got him damaged). Before the Bucs fell into the No. 1 overall pick and J. Winston, Glennon was their "QB of the Future." He certainly played badly here, but before that a number of professional organizations evaluated him as real live NFL starter quality.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:

perhaps he didn't get a fair shake in tampa, but bucs fans didnt shed any tears when their "captain checkdown" left town