Mike Wallace-Bears take note

AussieBear

Maybe, because there isn't any... :shrug:

other than the fact you could possibly get a 1st, 3rd and 7th ala percy harvin to seattle.

however, if they plan on moving on from bmarshall i dont see the point. my argument was based more on jay cutler wasting ajs career anyway.

AussieBear

He was 15th in the league in YAC, and ahead of Dez Bryant in that category.

maybe so, but you gotta admit that for as big as he is he sure does like to drop and avoid contact and run out of bounds a lot. i guess if it came down to it on sb sunday he would sacrifice that body, but ya know

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Put Alshon on the Packers and he would get over 1k yards every year for the rest of his career.

Put M.Wilson on the Packers and he would get over 1k yards every year until A.Rodgers is done. If you have a QB like Rodgers then you don't need the best WR's because he makes them great. Same with Brady and Peyton.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
Wallace is a great example of what happens when you make a #2 a #1 option. (Credit DP show for the thought) this is exactly what I fear with Alshon. He is a great #2, possibly the best in the league, but he has still been our #2 behind BM.

It takes a special player to beat the best corner and concentrated game plan each week. I love AJ, but I have serious concerns if he can transition to a #1. To me he disappears too often. Going into his FA year, you can bet his agent is going to push for #1 money and recent history (Wallace, Jennings) shows that some team will pay him #1 money.

I'd rather go after Dez and trade AJ, but that's probably a fantasy. I know it is difficult to think like this when a player has clearly produced at a high level, but the successful organizations make difficult choices like this. I hope I am wrong about him not being able to produce up to the #1 expectations, and I think we resign him.

n5lmx3.jpg

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Is OP suggesting the bears cut Marshall to go after Dez? lol

No, he wants to trade AJ and bring in Dez to pair with Marshall. Can we sign TO and Ochocinco while we're at it?

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
what is this obsession with bear fans and trading?

trade players trade picks trade spouses..what the fuck

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Mike Wallace and Alshoin Jeffery are not similar WR's. But I agree that Alshon is not a #1 WR in the NFL.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The guy blew up when he was targeted by an unbiased QB....

Cutler to Marshall probably gets annoying when Jeffery is wide open or doesn't have to be wide open to catch the ball...

Cutler failed last year not Alshon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
The guy blew up when he was targeted by an unbiased QB....

Cutler to Marshall probably gets annoying when Jeffery is wide open or doesn't have to be wide open to catch the ball...

Cutler failed last year not Alshon

I too would like to see him with a decent QB with an un biased read pattern. He has shown he can make plays. Maybe he will be even better without Cutler when some one trusts him as their first option.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I too would like to see him with a decent QB with an un biased read pattern. He has shown he can make plays. Maybe he will be even better without Cutler when some one trusts him as their first option.

Exactly.... He helped make Josh look like a starter...

If he got some attention and was thrown open he would make some big time plays...
Marshall is a beast who should be used to make the hard plays on 3rd down and redzone plays.... Jeffery should be a guy you look to for big plays and solid catches for yards early in downs....

Guys a heck of a player they just aren't giving him the ball enough

Bears1985defense

Liked Posts:
Unless doing a total rebuild, Bears would be crazy to get rid of AJ or BM. Even then giving up AJ would be a stretch.