MITCH is the 20th highest in pass attempts

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
And you guys think we don’t run the ball enough? Um

We are not the throwing the ball enough IMO. Leaving too many drives open IMO. We have good field position and not moving the ball all the way down the field. Too many 3 and outs IMO

Good news about those defects is that they can easily be changes

1) we are not throwing the ball enough - use more short passes and slants for easy 6 yards

2) leaving too many drives open - short passes and slants

3) not moving the ball all the way down the field - more bombs down the field

4) too many 3 and outs - short passes and slants

I’m ok removing the running game in general. It will come when the safety’s and linebackers drop back consistently

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Part of that is because they've only played 6 games while others have played 7. Another is we've been in mostly close games so we haven't had to run the ball to eat clock, and even the game we weren't close we didn't run the ball to eat clock. I personally think we should run the ball in more goal line situations like when it's first and 1 from the 1 yard line.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Bears actually 19th in the league in passing attempts per game.

I agree with Boletarian that the Bears are getting a little too cute in the redzone.

The Bears need to continue to run the ball IMO. Our offensive line isn't pass blocking very well, and I wouldn't want to see this line in a situation with the defenders teeing off on every play. We need to keep their defensive line honest with a solid running game so Mitch doesn't get as much pressure as he has been getting.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Why would you compare our pass attempts compared to the rest of league to our run/pass ratio?

We have 172 rushing attempts and 211 passing attempts. While our opponents have 217 passing attempts compared to 134 rushing attempts.

So we have thrown the ball an average of 1 less time per game than our opponents.

This makes my head hurt....

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We need to run more efficiently. Every run is the same thing. From shotgun, hand the ball to howard. He tries to go between a tackle and a guard. Hole is filled by defenders. 2 yard gain. ZZZZZzzzz...

You wanna get fucking cute, Nagy? Get cute with the fucking running game and get some creative plays called so we can force defenses to stack the box on occasion.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many runs from the Qb under center though?