Mitch Trubisky: Chicago Bears QB has say in changes to offense

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I mean I get it. But the more meaningless wins they get, the less chance to fire Nagy
Well since they can make the playoffs under reasonable scenarios with winning 2 of their last 3 I don't think wins from here on out are meaningless, but I doubt they're gonna win anyways.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I dont wanna hear no whining when they are starting nick foles next season and mitch is off creating legends elsewhere mfs
You all dont deserve him!
HEY I love Mitch!!!! I'm pulling for him and the bears on Sunday just as much as you are mf! I just doubt their ability to win the big games, they'll have every opportunity to prove me wrong!

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
i think they should both be canned if they don’t make the playoffs but something tells me they’ll be back even if they don’t make the playoffs but finish with 8 wins. i also think they’ll lose to minny too.
I want them to win given they still have a reasonable shot at the playoffs, but I have my doubts.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I want them to win given they still have a reasonable shot at the playoffs, but I have my doubts.
arizona needs to lose right? considering they still play the rams, 49ers, and eagles, it’s very possible the Bears can leap frog them. i just don’t see it happening.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
arizona needs to lose right? considering they still play the rams, 49ers, and eagles, it’s very possible the Bears can leap frog them. i just don’t see it happening.
If bears beat Min, JAX, and AZ loses 2, and min loses 1 to NO/DET bears are in.

If Bears win last 3 and AZ loses 1 bears are in.

Rough but not impossible.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If the above highlighted in orange is true. It is a bombshell.

Trubisky had been asking to move the pocket all season maybe longer?

Nagy admits he didn't have a background in agile QB, so he ignored that strength and took almost 3 years to adapt to it?

How isn't that an instantly fireable offense?

The possibility that he refused to adapt to the strengths of his young QB, because he "wasn't comfortable" with it is unconscionable.

I don't think you can take anything Nagy says at face value.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I like this version of Trubisky, he found his inner Cutler:

You always want to root for him with his demeanor and work ethic, but homie is out to throw Nagy under the bus whenever he can. Dude is salty over the benching and I am here for it. He is no longer defending Nagy, as his offense was shown to be absolute shit on multiple occasions on national television.

What an indictment that was though. I know Nagy was raw as a coach too, but 3 years... come on now.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Pathetic look for Mitch. STFU and be happy you're playing. What took so long my ass

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Like clockwork. We've seen this story before
You guys are probably right but might as well make the playoffs if we can. Pace will still be here making that 1st round pick.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pathetic look for Mitch. STFU and be happy you're playing. What took so long my ass
So Mitch finally stands up for himself and decides to lead and some of you haters can still find fault with that. He may always suck but he's finally grown into the position. How many NFL coaches completely ignore their starting vet QB's desires and effectively tell them to shut up and call the play?

This year Nagy ran the same shit with simplified sets and motion thinking that was the problem. It was a start but not the fundamental issue and when your players (not just Mitch) know that your playcaller is unintentionally sabotaging the O, it's time to take a stand. In this case, Nagy pointed at Mitch 2 months before Mitch finally pointed back.

You can not like his play but it's difficult (for most) to dislike his current candor.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
By these sorts of games do you mean the one or two games a season where Mitch looks elite against scrubs and then shows his true colors the next game despite what people like @msadows @Hbkrusso @iueyedoc @dabears70 @BearsBud and @Chris Sojka think?
Don't think any rational people are sold on Trubisky. Not all you mentioned are rational.

What I am saying is, if he plays close to lights out like he did the last 2 games with , say, 70% completions and 7-8 TD's and 0-2 INTs the last 3 games, and with the knowledge that he was begging for this mobile pocket offense all year and Nagy admitting he didn't know how to and/or was afraid to call it, don't you have to keep him and get 1 more look?

Of course 3 more games like the last 2 would be an unprecedented stretch for Trubisky, but you would have to be a fool to dump him just as he would then appear to be blossoming.

That would be like dumping Margot Robbie just as she went from this to this:
1608296665392.png
But Alex Smith was pretty mobile in KC ya know? Dude had a little bit of white boy speed to him.
I don't think you can take anything Nagy says at face value.
I am just going by what Nagy said. He, himself said he wasn't calling this offense because he had no experience in it. If he took 2 1/2 years to figure out how to use a mobile QB, he should never be an NFL HC. If he knew how to but refused to because he wanted to run Nagy ball, he should never be an NFL HC. So you see where I am heading with this?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
While Trubisky is having success against some of the worse defenses in the League, the good defenses will scheme against what he is doing well and take that away from him. In my opinion, he is not good enough to adjust his game, and beat the good defenses, he never has been.

I will be honest, unless they win all three of the final games, I would prefer they not win any of them.

Two fold - I want Nagy gone, and losing two divisional games at the end of the year could be the ticket.
I want Wilson, no matter what....even if that means giving up more draft picks (I know I would make a lousy GM).

I think that Trubisky will not return to Chicago, without testing the open market. At Least I hope that is the way it works out, because the Bears have a way of bidding against themselves.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I dont wanna hear no whining when they are starting nick foles next season and mitch is off creating legends elsewhere mfs
You all dont deserve him!
This bit is played out.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Don't think any rational people are sold on Trubisky. Not all you mentioned are rational.

What I am saying is, if he plays close to lights out like he did the last 2 games with , say, 70% completions and 7-8 TD's and 0-2 INTs the last 3 games, and with the knowledge that he was begging for this mobile pocket offense all year and Nagy admitting he didn't know how to and/or was afraid to call it, don't you have to keep him and get 1 more look?

Of course 3 more games like the last 2 would be an unprecedented stretch for Trubisky, but you would have to be a fool to dump him just as he would then appear to be blossoming.

That would be like dumping Margot Robbie just as she went from this to this:
View attachment 9072

I am just going by what Nagy said. He, himself said he wasn't calling this offense because he had no experience in it. If he took 2 1/2 years to figure out how to use a mobile QB, he should never be an NFL HC. If he knew how to but refused to because he wanted to run Nagy ball, he should never be an NFL HC. So you see where I am heading with this?

We have seen this before, a player that we let go, blossoms elsewhere. We tend to be the opposite of the Patriots....

However, I am concerned that Trubisky is fools gold, EVEN IF he plays well against the Vikings (24th), the Jags (28th) and Packers (17th) rank defenses (pts per game). Have we learned anything?

The only way that Trubisky can change my mind is if he manages to play well in all three games, and we somehow manage to get into the playoffs and he plays the same way under the scrutiny of the playoff bright lights.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lots of us said he could possibly do well in a system like the 49ers or Rams. Key word there is possibly but for casual fans to see this and Nagy to stubbornly work against his QBs skill set is damnable. Nagy should just be gone regardless of this season's outcome. If he doesn't know D, can't run an O and can't manage a clock or game situationally, he's nothing but a glorified cheerleader and support dog.

He got a pass from me for a while because they came out to play but even that didn't happen every game this year and he hasn't learned enough from his mistakes with players visibly pissed about the coaching and playcalls. Too little too late and I suspect it's only this way because he's delegated in an attempt to retain his job. When less is more it's time to move on.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
"The Bears have tailored what Trubisky does well — using his athletic ability to get outside the pocket and getting the ball out of his hands quickly "

How long has it taken the Bears to figure this out?

This and traditional PA passes.....

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Mitch finally stands up for himself and decides to lead and some of you haters can still find fault with that. He may always suck but he's finally grown into the position. How many NFL coaches completely ignore their starting vet QB's desires and effectively tell them to shut up and call the play?

This year Nagy ran the same shit with simplified sets and motion thinking that was the problem. It was a start but not the fundamental issue and when your players (not just Mitch) know that your playcaller is unintentionally sabotaging the O, it's time to take a stand. In this case, Nagy pointed at Mitch 2 months before Mitch finally pointed back.

You can not like his play but it's difficult (for most) to dislike his current candor.
How many times did we see the veteran Foles either take issue with play calling and the amount of time it took for plays to be called......he even brought it up in a meeting. How many times did it look like Foles was attempting to explain football to Nagy on the sidelines when he was starting? Why did we see Nagy call a TO when Foles attempted to go up-tempo when he felt momentum?
Maybe neither QB's good enough to win big games against good teams but Nagy's a problem and the biggest problem the offense faces IMO.