Mitch Trubisky: Chicago Bears QB has say in changes to offense

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
@remydat

nobody needs to shut down 1/2 a field so he can read it. The coordinators know the pass protection blows. So they run away from the pass protection that sucks and create by extending plays and making the defense adjust.

You truly aren’t capable of moving on from an argument you’ve already lost.

Its not the QB. It’s the fucking HC and the pass protections. They can’t protect in his scheme, it’s predictable and easily defeated by a decent pass rusher.

grow up!

ImSure

Liked Posts:
after reading some of Mitch's words i think this is the first time i've ever thought of him as a future coach.

maybe that's his talent.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do people honestly think Nagy came here and was like fuck it I dont care what 4Ms strengths are? The issue is virtually none of his supposed strengths in college carried over to the NFL. He was supposed to be uber accurate. He was supposed to be able to hit WRs in stride. He was supposed to be able to read the whole field.

The issue is no one wanted to believe 4M was truly as dumb as he appears. They expected the light bulb to click on and now have finally given up on that and dumbed the O down to 4M's level.

Nagy should be fired for taking so long to realize 4M is a dummy but few OCs is going to be enthused about the idea of eliminating like 70% of a modern NFL playbook because their QB's strengths are so limited.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@remydat

nobody needs to shut down 1/2 a field so he can read it. The coordinators know the pass protection blows. So they run away from the pass protection that sucks and create by extending plays and making the defense adjust.

Its not the QB. It’s the fucking HC and the pass protections. They can’t protect in his scheme, it’s predictable and easily defeated by a decent pass rusher.

grow up!

4M has sucked when he has time so no it is also the QB. Sorry. If you argument were true you would see 4M lighting it up when given time. He does not. See the Packers game where he still threw dumb picks when he had all day to throw.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Do people honestly think Nagy came here and was like fuck it I dont care what 4Ms strengths are? The issue is virtually none of his supposed strengths in college carried over to the NFL. He was supposed to be uber accurate. He was supposed to be able to hit WRs in stride. He was supposed to be able to read the whole field.

The issue is no one wanted to believe 4M was truly as dumb as he appears. They expected the light bulb to click on and now have finally given up on that and dumbed the O down to 4M's level.

Nagy should be fired for taking so long to realize 4M is a dummy but few OCs is going to be enthused about the idea of eliminating like 70% of a modern NFL playbook because their QB's strengths are so limited.

yes. Because it’s been clear through every game, every interview and every play that nothing has ever been geared towards any of the players strengths on offense. Not Montgomery, certainly not Robinson, and 100% not Kmet or Graham. Still underused and still used poorly.

So yeah. Stfu

msadows

Liked Posts:
@remydat

grow up!

While you slob mitches knob way too hard, I agree that remy will never concede. It's a waste of time to get into a discussion with him because he will turn it into a vortex.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think one thing we can all agree on though Mitchs deep balls still suck.

You can very much win without the threat of a deep ball.

See San Fran last year. Everyone was gurgling Jimmy G's chode, but he threw the ball 20+ yards downfield less than any QB in the league. I think it was like once per game. Sad. I called him out for being mitch w/ a good scheme and people on here jumped on me.

A good scheme that fits your talent always beats flashy play on offense/defense. Even madden teaches you this.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The Bears scored 66 points combined over the last two weeks

season-high 169 yards against the Texans.

17 of his 24 completions resulted in first downs

and 190 of his 267 passing yards came on yards after the catch
Say what?!!!

This is like um, impressive. Im less concerned about the Texans D being ranked 25th, because it's about seeing everybody on the Bears offense executing like this.

Man, if we can keep Hicks playing, and the Def keeps this fun chip on their shoulder with something to prove... Bears have a good chance to win out.

15Sun, Dec 20@ Minnesota Minnesota1:00 PMFOX
16Sun, Dec 27@ Jacksonville Jacksonville1:00 PMCBSTickets as low as $44
17Sun, Jan 3vs Green Bay Green Bay

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
While you slob mitches knob way too hard, I agree that remy will never concede. It's a waste of time to get into a discussion with him because he will turn it into a vortex.
Don’t worry @CTE Sojka does the same thing

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

I do think Nagy did that. I think he's almost said as much himself, "I didn't come here to run the I," remember when he said that last season after Monty had his career high in rushing yards for a game? Running out of the I was successful, but mr. Arrogant Nagy didn't want his offense to be run like that, so he threw it out.

Mitch has shown to be more successful playing under center and running PA, but Nagy wants his QB to play from the shotgun and make 5 reads on each play (Nick Foles: With the plays he calls I know I'm not gonna have enough time back there).

Nagy wants HIS offense to be run exactly as he visualizes it, and he kept trying to force it when he just doesn't have the personnel for it.

Mitch is not a franchise QB, he doesn't process the game quickly enough and he doesn't have franchise QB accuracy, but he's better than 2019 Mitch. Just like the run game in 2019 should've been better, but mr. Know it all didn't like the way in which they were finding success, so he abandoned it. You were honestly the first to point that out. Nagy loves to throw Monty in the dog house and just give his carries to Patterson.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
You can very much win without the threat of a deep ball.

See San Fran last year. Everyone was gurgling Jimmy G's chode, but he threw the ball 20+ yards downfield less than any QB in the league. I think it was like once per game. Sad. I called him out for being mitch w/ a good scheme and people on here jumped on me.

A good scheme that fits your talent always beats flashy play on offense/defense. Even madden teaches you this.

The 49ers quarterback topped Kansas City Chiefs superstar Patrick Mahomes, Jacksonville Jaguars rookie Gardner Minshew and future Hall of Famer Drew Brees. Pro Football Focus used a 30-pass attempt minimum for their leaderboard, and Garoppolo was 19 of 31 on these passes. Mahomes was 32 of 63, Minshew 24 of 49 and Brees 15 of 31.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

The 49ers quarterback topped Kansas City Chiefs superstar Patrick Mahomes, Jacksonville Jaguars rookie Gardner Minshew and future Hall of Famer Drew Brees. Pro Football Focus used a 30-pass attempt minimum for their leaderboard, and Garoppolo was 19 of 31 on these passes. Mahomes was 32 of 63, Minshew 24 of 49 and Brees 15 of 31.
Not hard to hit 61% when you only throw the deep ball when you got a wide open guy.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do think Nagy did that. I think he's almost said as much himself, "I didn't come here to run the I," remember when he said that last season after Monty had his career high in rushing yards for a game? Running out of the I was successful, but mr. Arrogant Nagy didn't want his offense to be run like that, so he threw it out.

Mitch has shown to be more successful playing under center and running PA, but Nagy wants his QB to play from the shotgun and make 5 reads on each play (Nick Foles: With the plays he calls I know I'm not gonna have enough time back there).

Nagy wants HIS offense to be run exactly as he visualizes it, and he kept trying to force it when he just doesn't have the personnel for it.

Mitch is not a franchise QB, he doesn't process the game quickly enough and he doesn't have franchise QB accuracy, but he's better than 2019 Mitch. Just like the run game in 2019 should've been better, but mr. Know it all didn't like the way in which they were finding success, so he abandoned it. You were honestly the first to point that out. Nagy loves to throw Monty in the dog house and just give his carries to Patterson.
Exactly this
I get alot of shit for defending Mitch but this this this this for the love of god this!
Yes i know mfs i over defend mitch and did so for cutler as well but people here are so qb starved if a guy doesnt roll out and hof from the gate they just hate the qb we have no matter what and are blind too everything else

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Not hard to hit 61% when you only throw the deep ball when you got a wide open guy.

So do you have a breakdown of them stats because its amazing how some of you spout these numbers and them move the goal posts when its not what you claim

First it was deep balls

now its deep balls that were covered

what's next deep balls with sun in your eyes ?

deep balls on 3rd and 6 or more ?

deep balls on 3nd and 2 yards or less ?

ImSure

Liked Posts:
hell, even Dean Smith (Mr. System Himself) adapted to his players/the rules over the years. remember that one year when the 3 point line was REALLY short and so he just adjusted his offense so that ever perimeter player caught the ball outside that line?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah its almost as tired as

We coulda had mahomes
Or joe montana or tom brady or blah blah blah

Fact is Mitch has played better sorry if that upsets you
Who knew actually game planning and playing to a qbs strengths could do such a thing

As far as QB's go we could do alot worse than mitch just look at foles who all you herp derps clamored for
No one is upset. Your Mitch hype is clearly performance art and its boring. There's maybe 3-4 ancient idiots here who buy it because they're dumb enough to actually think he's the man.

Yeah, who knew Mitch could turn it around when the OL became miles better and playing vs a team that fired its HC/GM mid-season and also has the worst defense in the NFL. WOW! Never saw this coming! Didn't see Mitch play awful vs GB. That never happens. So many surprises this season...

Same shit, different season. They've run this offense before, the only difference is Mitch actually hit his receivers this time. But he's not Foles, so he must be good!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This doesnt address the point. Nagy didnt come here to run the I because 4M's strengths in college were tailor made for this O. He was a guy that allowed his receivers to generate YAC because he hit them in stride. See Ryan Switzer and Austin Proehl's stats with Mitch. At one point Switzer lead college football in YAC. He was also a guy that was more consistent throwing deep in college to Howard and Hollins.

I went to UNC. I go to 2-4 games a year. I watched every single 4M game in 2016. The 4M in the NFL bears no resemblance to the 4M in college.

So again the problem is Nagy expected the things he did well in college to continue in the NFL. UNC was not a rollout and play action team and 4M spent almost all his time in shotgun running a lot of RPO. It came as a surprise that he would fucking suck at the very things that got him drafted ie YAC plays, Shotgun and RPOs.

Fedora's O was much closer to KC's than the I. That is precisely why Pace chose Nagy. He picked a coach whose system was supposed to align with what 4M did best.