Mitch Trubisky landing spots just keep getting better.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He also didn't choke in 2018 against the packers, but that was a much worse packers team and a much better bears team...
Yep I was just commenting on the ”always does” part like he has never once played well.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I don't think the issue is the teams Trubisky would start for. The issue is the teams that would give him 15-20Mil/year to start for them. If he shits the bed today, nobody is going to be chomping at the bit to get rid of their QB just so Trubisky can take the reins. If he's great today, wins the game, maybe wins a playoff game...the Bears won't let him get away. Anything other than that, I think he's a guy that has more value in Chicago than he does another team. Because you're talking about a guy that took 4 years to "figure it out" (but still can't read defenses) and teaching him a new offense and expecting him to hit the ground running. I just don't see it.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
His own comments? And the fact they spend a ton of time together in the offseason?
I didnt know that. So they are like a package deal

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seriously tho.. if A Rob wants 20m anyway do we not think the Bears will just franchise him?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the issue is the teams Trubisky would start for. The issue is the teams that would give him 15-20Mil/year to start for them. If he shits the bed today, nobody is going to be chomping at the bit to get rid of their QB just so Trubisky can take the reins. If he's great today, wins the game, maybe wins a playoff game...the Bears won't let him get away. Anything other than that, I think he's a guy that has more value in Chicago than he does another team. Because you're talking about a guy that took 4 years to "figure it out" (but still can't read defenses) and teaching him a new offense and expecting him to hit the ground running. I just don't see it.
High end starting QB are approaching 40m a year. Lots if below average QB will get paid 20+ in the future.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Bears really only have the tag to try to keep him. He doesn’t have to sign it. He would have all the leverage if he plays well enough to actually beat the packers

msadows

Liked Posts:
I didnt know that. So they are like a package deal

No, doubtful, lol.

It was just an assumption I'm making. A prediction.

People just think Arob never wants to play with mitch again.

Sure, mitch sucks as a QB, but he feeds Arob a ton. Arob always has some of the highest usage rate in the NFL with bitchell.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears really only have the tag to try to keep him. He doesn’t have to sign it. He would have all the leverage if he plays well enough to actually beat the packers
Reports on NFL network this morning were that TruBEARsky would prefer to stay in Chicago if possible.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Seriously tho.. if A Rob wants 20m anyway do we not think the Bears will just franchise him?
The tag is 16 million.

msadows

Liked Posts:

If he plays well, beats the pack, gets into the playoffs, beats the saints....yea, bears are tagging him.

That also probably means arob is gone.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Remember when he didnt choke in that playoff game... Parkey did.

Eh. Not to defend Parkey, but don't let the fact that he missed the winning kick take away from the fact that the offense only still would have put up 18 points at most in that game. The offense was terrible and Mitch was mediocre until that last drive.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

If the Niners cut JG they will have like 45m in cap room and is the ideal spot for him. Better coach, better D, better run game, better TE and better young WRs in Aiyuk and Samuel.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh. Not to defend Parkey, but don't let the fact that he missed the winning kick take away from the fact that the offense only still would have put up 18 points at most in that game. The offense was terrible and Mitch was mediocre until that last drive.
But he still didnt choke and he put them in a position to win.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Niners cut JG they will have like 45m in cap room and is the ideal spot for him. Better coach, better D, better run game, better TE and better young WRs in Aiyuk and Samuel.
If everything the 9ers have is better why do they only have 6 wins?

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You saved me a lot of typing. Thanks.

Mitch didn't do shit all game. 16-15 Wow great job, Mitch.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
High end starting QB are approaching 40m a year. Lots if below average QB will get paid 20+ in the future.

Not disputing that. Disputing that a team that has Jimmy G would settle for starting basically the younger version of him, or that the teams that had Drew Brees and Tom Brady (one of which had mediocre QB play this year) would willingly pay 20M to still possibly have below average QB play.