1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Which path will Poles take...
Trenches or Receiver???

Alt, Turner, Verse
or
Nabors, Odunze, Bowers,

Seriously any of these guys would be a major move but in my opinion, if he's wise he goes trenches.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Was it really only 85? Or was that just the number for this week?

85 was the limit. Obviously to commemorate the last year the Bears were relevant and assure this draft would fix everything.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would change the title to 1.5 hours out

napo55

Liked Posts:
85 was the limit. Obviously to commemorate the last year the Bears were relevant and assure this draft would fix everything.
Not true. The Bears were contenders for the next couple of years with a still dominant defense, but lacked a decent QB who could stay healthy and therefore couldn't compete offensively.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Not true. The Bears were contenders for the next couple of years with a still dominant defense, but lacked a decent QB who could stay healthy and therefore couldn't compete offensively.

Sure by today's standard of hoping to even sniff the playoffs and claiming that's a success. But by that standard Mitchell Trubisky should be our QB and Nagy the HC.

I remember having hopes for a dynasty in '86 but they were quickly dashed. Without Ryan it became clear Ditka was more of a problem than a reason. Downward spiral since.
We have not been expected to win since it became clear '85 wasn't the start of a dynasty. We were sniffers for a few years.

Close to being relevant again was Lovie but they just wouldn't let go of the idea that Rex was the QB (or that you need an offense).

Hopefully Poles is the guy to figure out the secret code to winning that has eluded the Bears since the McCaskeys took over. He seems to be making the right moves.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Sure by today's standard of hoping to even sniff the playoffs and claiming that's a success. But by that standard Mitchell Trubisky should be our QB and Nagy the HC.

I remember having hopes for a dynasty in '86 but they were quickly dashed. Without Ryan it became clear Ditka was more of a problem than a reason. Downward spiral since.
We have not been expected to win since it became clear '85 wasn't the start of a dynasty. We were sniffers for a few years.

Close to being relevant again was Lovie but they just wouldn't let go of the idea that Rex was the QB (or that you need an offense).

Hopefully Poles is the guy to figure out the secret code to winning that has eluded the Bears since the McCaskeys took over. He seems to be making the right moves.
It was more McMahon than anything. He was injury prone and not that good. They had the chance to get Kelly once and Marino twice in 1983 and passed. Imagine if they drafted Marino instead of Willie Gault. Even Ditka would not have been able to fuck that up.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It was more McMahon than anything. He was injury prone and not that good. They had the chance to get Kelly once and Marino twice in 1983 and passed. Imagine if they drafted Marino instead of Willie Gault. Even Ditka would not have been able to fuck that up.

Ditka for sure could've had a personality clash with any QB.

McMahon is my reasoning for not beating the crap out of rookies. Although he came from college that way.