Mooney Out

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the third page it states questionable

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Doesn't sending a 174 lb wr on such short routes subject him to more punishment from guys a lot bigger? I guess the rationale is that he can possibly take a short pass and outrace a lb or de to the house, but...

Liked Posts:
Doesn't sending a 174 lb wr on such short routes subject him to more punishment from guys a lot bigger? I guess the rationale is that he can possibly take a short pass and outrace a lb or de to the house, but...
The rationale is that it would totally catch the defense off guard

Applefan

Liked Posts:
The rationale is that it would totally catch the defense off guard

I have never been to keen on seeing speedsters, especially wr's with average per catch around 10 yards. You can get that from a 4.85 TE.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It also doesn’t help that he has to adjust to every ball, giving defenders an extra tick to line him up.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

Yeah he was getting tagged from the very start and came up nicked on his very first target and it continued throughout the game

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't sending a 174 lb wr on such short routes subject him to more punishment from guys a lot bigger?

Exactly. Those passes should be schemed for Kmet, Garahm or Wims. Maybe one or two short to Mooney to set up the double move, but nothing more. Like Moose said, Chicago is where receivers go to die.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
But Nagy’s shitty play design and allowing the entire GB secondary to spend the whole game within 10 yds of the LOS made any possible “housing” of a short pass completely IMPOSSIBLE! In fact, that Mooney was able to fight through and past three of the first to get to him (got to him immediately, by the way, thanks to Nagy’s shitty offense) was inspiring, only to be lit up by the soon arriving next wave including Amos.

My question is, where were all of Mooney’s teammates? Why was no one anywhere nearby to block after the catch? Oh yeah, that’s right ~ Nagy... Play design... yet another of a veritable boatload of shallow horizontal routes!

Damn, I wish he would just go away!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Since we're talking about Mooney tho - how about that long catch he made?

Adjusted in the air and used his hands to attack the ball and secure the catch instead of letting it come to him. I'm excited about him and seeing how he develops.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If only Wims would have blocked for him..

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mooney will be fine.

He will benefit like crazy from an nfl offseason nutrition program and strength and conditioning.

I won't be shocked if he bulks up 5-10 pounds. 5'11 180-185 would make him in the tyreek hill range. As long as he doesn't lose any speed it would make him even more a monster.

He already plays like a WR much bigger than he is.

Great find.