CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
What is your most heartbreaking loss? YOU CANNOT PICK THE 2006 SUPER BOWL LOSS TO THE COLTS.

Obviously that is most of our answers but besides that game...which ones stick with you?

2008 Season losing to Tampa Bay via Griese. A bullshit unneccesary roughness on Tillman penalty prolonged their game-winning drive while they were on the 18 yard line, after a 3 and out. They go 80 yards and win the game.

I believe it was the same 2008 season when we played Atlanta, and Matt Ryan bombed it to Jenkins on the sideline, which led to the game winning FG after Orton just had a sick ass game winning drive. We go in prevent defense...which prevented us from winning the game.

Loss to Houston that kept us out of the playoffs in the year before Cutler.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Opening night last season. New franchise QB, high hopes on the season (SI [or some national sports media] picked us to go the Superbowl) on national TV against our hugest rival and we lose.

Fucking. Sucked.

Or in 2008 when we lost the last game of the season to fucking Houston and miss out on the playoffs.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Atlanta game you mentioned was horrible (ditto for Griese going career against the Bears, but the Atl game was even worse). I was driving to work and I pulled into the lot just as Orton completed that fantastic game winning drive. I walked into the office saying "BEAAAAAAAAARSSSSSSSSSSSS!" and everyone was like "uh, no". I didn't believe anyone until I checked online and saw what happened. That loss was inexcusable.

Steve Smith single handedly force-fucking the Bears in the 06 playoffs was really not enjoyable either. I was still salty that Orton was demoted in the middle of that FREEZING cold Monday night game against Atlanta. Seeing the Rex-led Bears get destroyed by Steve Smith only made me angrier.

#1 in recent memory though has to be Sunday, October 12, 1997. Week 7. Bears are 0-6. I get woken up at about 4:30am by my brother telling me he has an extra ticket and that I'm coming to the game. Awesome. Have the time of my life tailgating and all that shit. Bears are down 7 late in the 4th and they score with about 2 minutes left. Wannstedt GOES FOR 2. Fuckstick goes for the win. Nevermind that Favre is going to get the ball with a full 2 minute drill to run where a 1 point Bears lead only fuels him to score even more.

Good old Wannstedt. They blow the 2 point and the Bears lose by 1.

Even meeting Jiggs after the game couldn't save that day for me. Awful.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't call the penalty on Tilman bullshit... he clearly through a punch at Michael Clayton... the problem is just it's classic flagging the retaliation. As Wale was being piled on and punched by Trueblood.

The 08 Atlanta game was the bonecrusher of the recent years. Not often brought up is the fact the game shoulda been lost if Jason Elam didn't miss a 30ish yard field goal right before the TD drive. I felt dropped after that game but they didn't play prevent on the one Matt Ryan pass, the problem was the rookie FA pickup from Tampa played the short route and left Jenkins wide open.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely the Atl loss. Got to watch the game, was happy as shit. Then... right fucking then, Ryan throws the deep pass, and instead of tackling his ass, Peanut pushes him out of bounce, giving the timeout exhausted Falcons a chance to set up a FG for the win. That one still lingers in my mouth. And I'd love to repay that favor next weekend if they win and we do this weekend. To deny them a chance to the SB would be almost as gratifying as doing it to the Packers.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Definitely the Atl loss. Got to watch the game, was happy as shit. Then... right fucking then, Ryan throws the deep pass, and instead of tackling his ass, Peanut pushes him out of bounce, giving the timeout exhausted Falcons a chance to set up a FG for the win. That one still lingers in my mouth. And I'd love to repay that favor next weekend if they win and we do this weekend. To deny them a chance to the SB would be almost as gratifying as doing it to the Packers.

Your memory is a little off there... for one, the Falcons had 1 timeout. 2 It was Mike Brown that hit the player, who was Malcom Jenkins, who was really already going out of bounds. It was a sideline catch he grabbed the ball and had all his momentum already going out with his feet already down... really all Brown could of done there was try to hit him and hope he let go off the ball on contact to the ground.

The player at fault was Marcus Hamilton who bit, FOR NO REASON, on the TE running out in the flat instead of playing off coverage to stay int he one where he would of been right were Ryan threw it. If he is back there, he either disrupts the pass or could of prevented Jenkins from going out or down quickly... Or Ryan doesn't pass it there and he had Tommie Harris inches from sacking him as he let the pass go.

Hate Marcus Hamilton and his 10 million not earned incentive if he blocks 10 field goals. All he ever did was cost the Bears 2 games. 1 when he played for the Bucs in that loss and deflected two passes, then that Atlanta game.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah.. dont recall it that clearly lmao. I couldve sworn they had no TOs left, which was why that seriously cost us the game. Had it been inbounds I couldve sworn the game wouldve ended. But oh well, I am tired lol. But thanks for the correction.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
I was pretty upset when we lost in 2005 playoffs to basically one player....Steve Smith...

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure the Steve Smith game and the Falcons game takes the cake here.

Status
Not open for further replies.