"Most of" Packerland believes Pack wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. KickurButkus

Liked Posts:
National media and most packer (gB) fans I have contact with ( I live "North of the Border") believe that the packers will beat the Eagles in Philly! I have watched every Bears game as well as every flippin' gB game. My synopisis:

(1) gB playing good defense
(2) gB with a QB with two concussions!
(3) gB can't stop the run
(4) Dont rush the front four too deep...keep Rodgers in the pocket and he makes mistakes or takes a sack!
(5) gB never fairs well with a QB that can run (better than Cutler).
(6) 3-5 record away from home!

What do you think?

Last edited:

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well... Isnt Bias with the Title? I mean, Most Packer Fans are obviously going to pick their team to win... WTF kinda fan would root for the opponent?? lol

Dr. KickurButkus

Liked Posts:
Well... Isnt Bias with the Title? I mean, Most Packer Fans are obviously going to pick their team to win... WTF kinda fan would root for the opponent?? lol

True....true...! Although you should hear the bad mouthin' going on re: the Bears in a$$ packer land, even though the Bears and packers are 1-1 head to head. The packer fans still adamentely argue the packers are far above the Bears! And in the end...I don't give a Sh$T what packer fans root for! It just should make sense based on facts....which it doesn't!

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Underestimating the Packers is a serious mistake. They are far from being a weak team. They almost beat the damn Patriots...with Flynn! Vick is beginning to regress, and when the Vikings beat them, showed their weaknesses. Vick had a bum leg.. not his arm. Take one strength away and Vick fails. Eagles can win, dont get me wrong, but the Packers got a fire lit under their ass. They are far from being weak by any means. Play Offs are always different than the Season.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think there is plenty of Bears fans who think the Bears are going to loose to Philly or the Saints if they play one of those teams.

Packers almost beat the Patriots because they had Flynn in... they wouldn't of just ran and ran like they did which takes the ball away from Brady and does increase your odds. No Rodgers would of made plays and also made a lot of mistakes and been too conservative with the ball forcing punts and the team to fall behind to Brady. Rodgers has yet to finish the big games with big moments enough to be a great QB.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, in a factual sense, Packers did lose the 1st game with 18 penalties. But superior than us? Nah. The last game was classic. Our D shut Rodgers down really well overall. Packer fans can say what they want. My favorite was what, 3yrs ago when they went 13-3, a co-worker had no respect and would say 'Bears suck.' blah blah blah. Yet she'd stfu when I'd remind her that 2 of those losses came at the hands of my sucky Bears :smug2:

Dr. KickurButkus

Liked Posts:
Underestimating the Packers is a serious mistake. They are far from being a weak team. They almost beat the damn Patriots...with Flynn! Vick is beginning to regress, and when the Vikings beat them, showed their weaknesses. Vick had a bum leg.. not his arm. Take one strength away and Vick fails. Eagles can win, dont get me wrong, but the Packers got a fire lit under their ass. They are far from being weak by any means. Play Offs are always different than the Season.

Very good points! I'm not saying that packers (lower case "P") shouldn't be feared...but lets not get ahead of ourselves either. The Bears could have won that game v. gB! The Bears ran 15 times for 121? And threw 42 times? I don't care who you play that is not a likely scenario for a win! Not only that, but the leading packer rusher was Rodgers with 7 carries for 21 yards! We all know in the playoffs you have to run the ball and play tough defense and have very good special teams (gB does not have good Special Teams)! Still concerned about the packers, but they have a long road, also think the BEARS have to pull things together and play awesome to advance!

Last edited:

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed! LOL at the lowercase 'p'. I tend to think they pulled the running game to perserve Forte. Hes on fire as of late and losing that would kill our chances at the Superbowl. Our special teams do kickass, and half the time force great field positions out of fear. Our O will have to step it up tho, but I do believe Martz was testing plays for evaluation. But no, not saying packers are elite like the Pats this year, just an actual threat in various ways that cant be ignored.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Philly wins. Michael Vick is very good. Aaron Rodgers can't even dance.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Philly wins. Michael Vick is very good. Aaron Rodgers can't even dance.
Is that your prediction based upon BigP's logic since the Packers lost to the Lions? lol

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
The packers are a good team. There is no way around it, they are the 6th seed, and aside from the Seahawks have the most holes in their team. Streaky, tough, but they have laid a couple near goose eggs in a few recent games. They don't a have a running game, they are our bitch in short yardage situations. If we do end up facing them I feel pretty confident that they played a lot of their blitz cards and we will know what is coming. No more Woodson sacks.

*its a drunk ramble guys, I think it makes sense though :beer:*

Last edited:

thedude33

Liked Posts:
I think Mick Vick is going to explode all over their faces.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Packers have never matched up well with teams who have "running" QBs. Guys like McNabb and especially Daunte Culpepper used to gouge the Packers D because the Packers play so much man-to-man. Defenders have their backs turned to the QB when they are covering their guys, and the QB can just pick out where he wants to run. Even though the Packers beat Philly during the year, when Vick came in he was really effective.

The man-coverage has been the case and sorta still is because they do have that ability to play Man coverage with their great corners... but those experiences of so mostly just man coverage and getting burned by those running QBs is based off their past Defenses. That was back in their 4-3, 2-deep, heavy man coverage days.

Dom Capers still uses a lot of man because he can, but he also brought a lot more zone coverages and blitzing into the team in his 3-4 scheme. Vick did play great week one but the Packers were also timid and reluctant to blitz him out of fear of him running. That won't be the case this time around.

I still see the Eagles being able to win it in a close game.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I do think this will be the best Wild Card game...I want Philly to come out on top, but I'm not sure it'll happen. Wouldnt be surprised at all if the Packers do win.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
We should make an Aaron Rodgers gif out of this:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zk7EDCugqwI" frameborder="0"></iframe>

And when I say we I mean someone who can do that kind of thing, which is not me.

Saluki

Liked Posts:
Wait whats the point of this thread again? To inform us that packers fans like the packers? Isn't that pretty redundant?

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
And New England lost to the Browns and their recently fired coach by 20 just a few weeks before that. One game results mean exactly ZIP. I was not impressed by GB's offense last week. I also can't understand all the talk of them being such a "hot" team when they lost to the Lions in December. Maybe it's Favre playing there for so many years, but they seem to be a media darling no matter how over/under rated they appear to be. None of that matters for this week, though. I have a feeling Vick is due for a huge game this weekend to silence some of the doubters since the Vikings game, and I think Philly wins this one at home by a TD.

Dr. KickurButkus

Liked Posts:
Wait whats the point of this thread again? To inform us that packers fans like the packers? Isn't that pretty redundant?

You completely missed the point of the thread or perhaps I didn't highlight how arrogant many packers fans are! Even though the packers won vs. Philly (and they call the Bears lucky)! At least Bears fans have an ounce of realism!

Status
Not open for further replies.