Musings from Kansas City sports radio on Nagy, Bears, Chiefs

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Was flipping around on Kansas City sports radio to and from work today, and here are some general thoughts from guest experts, analysts and radio hosts:

-They don’t believe Nagy when he says he called all the plays in the second half of the Titans game, although in the end, does it matter?

-They’re happy for Nagy, but surprised the Bears didn’t get a bigger name or a more experienced choice (not sure who they had in mind as an alternative)

-They’re still very bitter from Saturday’s loss, and were quick to keep bringing up Nagy’s hand in that, and his inexperience

-They’re sick of their OCs getting picked up, and believe when they’re given playcalling duties, that’s the sign they’ll soon be gone

-They want change right now for the Chiefs. Many think it’s time to move on from Reid even though he’s a good coach, because they say it’s clear he’ll never win a Super Bowl. (Unless you’ve got Brady, Roethlisberger, Tomlin or Belichick, I’m not sure what else you can do in the AFC other than make the playoffs every year and wait for Brady and Roethlisberger to get old or injured, which is what the Chiefs are doing.) At the very least, they want Pat Mahomes in and Alex Smith out. Not sure they remember being 2-14 before Reid got there. Now they average 11 wins a season.

-They think Nagy is maybe the most Reid-like of the Reid coaches, and although they think he’s green, they believe he’ll ultimately grow into the job.

-They think the Bears front office is a mess, and that Nagy should’ve waited for a better job, perhaps a year or two down the line.

-They think the Bears offense will be much better under Nagy.

-They still don’t think the Bears will be any good, hence thinking Nagy should’ve waited for a better team in a different year.

-They’re sad it wasn’t DC Bob Sutton who was taken.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
A lot of that sounds like us just a couple of years ago when Gase left.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Was flipping around on Kansas City sports radio to and from work today, and here are some general thoughts from guest experts, analysts and radio hosts:

-They don’t believe Nagy when he says he called all the plays in the second half of the Titans game, although in the end, does it matter?

-They’re happy for Nagy, but surprised the Bears didn’t get a bigger name or a more experienced choice (not sure who they had in mind as an alternative)

-They’re still very bitter from Saturday’s loss, and were quick to keep bringing up Nagy’s hand in that, and his inexperience

-They’re sick of their OCs getting picked up, and believe when they’re given playcalling duties, that’s the sign they’ll soon be gone

-They want change right now for the Chiefs. Many think it’s time to move on from Reid even though he’s a good coach, because they say it’s clear he’ll never win a Super Bowl. (Unless you’ve got Brady, Roethlisberger, Tomlin or Belichick, I’m not sure what else you can do in the AFC other than make the playoffs every year and wait for Brady and Roethlisberger to get old or injured, which is what the Chiefs are doing.) At the very least, they want Pat Mahomes in and Alex Smith out. Not sure they remember being 2-14 before Reid got there. Now they average 11 wins a season.

-They think Nagy is maybe the most Reid-like of the Reid coaches, and although they think he’s green, they believe he’ll ultimately grow into the job.

-They think the Bears front office is a mess, and that Nagy should’ve waited for a better job, perhaps a year or two down the line.

-They think the Bears offense will be much better under Nagy.

-They still don’t think the Bears will be any good, hence thinking Nagy should’ve waited for a better team in a different year.

-They’re sad it wasn’t DC Bob Sutton who was taken.
In other words, they fucking jinxed themselves and will become a clusterfuck, while Nagy and the Bears go on to win Superbowls.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Bears were 5 - 11 why would anyone think were good. KC fans are correct in that Nagy is green as hell.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
They say our offense will be much better but we still won’t be very good. If our offense goes from what it is to much better it’s gonna tack on wins.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing you can’t deny is coaches under Andy Reid love the shit out of him....

I’m thinking Reid is one of the best coaches to never win a Super Bowl

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One thing you can’t deny is coaches under Andy Reid love the shit out of him....

I’m thinking Reid is one of the best coaches to never win a Super Bowl

The dude just develops coaches. I struggle with both liking and roasting Reid. I think he may have worn out his welcome in KC but he just got extended so they better hunker down and grow a pair cause he isn't going anywhere for two or three years at least. Reid just doesn't seem to get out of his own way in the playoffs. He's like the Peyton Manning of head coaches. Regular season hero and playoff zero.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The KC fans should stop bitching about Reid. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The KC fans should stop bitching about Reid. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

As a Bears fan living in Chiefs Kingdom, I wholeheartedly agree. My coworkers, who know I’m a Bears fan, were saying during the Nagy presser, “Can you take Reid instead?”

When I responded that Bears fans would be happy to win 11 games a year and wait for playoff success to come instead of making the playoffs once every 11 years, they said, “If you’re going to lose in the playoffs every year anyway, what’s the point? It’s time to move on from Reid.”

It’s a sentiment echoed across KC by callers into radio shows and people on social media (although the local media types for the most part are being more measured).

It’s understandable that expectations rise when you make the playoffs every year. But these people have definitely forgotten what 2-14 was like before Reid got here.

Rise

Liked Posts:
As a Bears fan living in Chiefs Kingdom, I wholeheartedly agree. My coworkers, who know I’m a Bears fan, were saying during the Nagy presser, “Can you take Reid instead?”

When I responded that Bears fans would be happy to win 11 games a year and wait for playoff success to come instead of making the playoffs once every 11 years, they said, “If you’re going to lose in the playoffs every year anyway, what’s the point? It’s time to move on from Reid.”

It’s a sentiment echoed across KC by callers into radio shows and people on social media (although the local media types for the most part are being more measured).

It’s understandable that expectations rise when you make the playoffs every year. But these people have definitely forgotten what 2-14 was like before Reid got here.

It’s hard for people like us to understand it right now. We can’t really say unless we go through 5 years like they have had. Losing in the playoffs year after year is brutal. It’s one thing if they had good showings and Brady just kicked their ass, but the Titans? Their anger is justified.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Reid, the Dan Marino of HCs.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

Lovie went 10-6 the year he got let go, and we did go to a Super Bowl with him, so... If Reid is let go he would have his choice of teams.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Sounds like a combination of sour grapes they're losing another OC and not knowing shit about the Bears.