My First 2021 Mock Draft

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I’ve been paralyzed trying to do mocks this year. It comes down to not believing that we’d actually have picks, since we may trade them away for a QB. Well, I have a position now. It may not be popular, but it is what I’m thinking is going to happen.

I think we will have our first this year. It comes down to the fact that I believe we are getting Russell Wilson on June 2nd. If this were a business as usual year, his huge cap hit if traded before 6/1 wouldn’t be too much of an issue. So, we will be trading the next 3 first rounders because Pace doesn’t give a fuck about the future. He is going all in on Wilson.

So, this draft will be all in on loading up to obliterate the other team and forcing them to play from behind and get eaten alive by our pass rush. So, without further ado, I am also pointing out that we don’t have the ammo to get one of the top 3 Qbs that I think are worth a first-round pick. Also, we must get a starter in round 1 and a solid contributor in round 2.

Yes, there is a possibility that Jordan Love, I mean Trey Lance and Mac Jones might be available, but I don’t see either of them as real first round material vis a vis talent. It’s more like a tulips in Holland kind of positional over-inflated value supply and demand scarcity type of thing.

1615920157287.png

Round 1.) OT Samuel Cosmi – Texas

Watching him abuse first round picks out of LSU is exhilarating. Knowing that he may actually fall to 20 is awesome. He’s usually the 3rd tackle on people’s boards and is real smooth at the LT position. Not a powerful run blocker, but he can pass block like a mofo. He’s used to a mobile QB who creates on the run, having blocked for Ehlinger for a couple of years. He might be able to make Leno expendable and save us some cap space. He may be a day one starter at LT.

1615920507260.png

Round 2.) WR Amon-Ra St. Brown – USC

This guy is good. He is a sleeper that is better than a lot of the WRs that are getting mocked higher than him. Just watch his tape and I think he becomes what we hoped Miller would be, plus, knocks a couple guys off the roster: I'm looking at you Wims, fuck off! And he is a solid starter from jump. He is a legitimate first round talent or early second round talent that is off of the radar.

1615920723358.png

Round 3.) QB Kellen Mond – Texas A&M

You all need to shut the fuck up about Mond! Chris Sims opened his motherfucking mouth. Bears fans are making vids all over YouTube about this "Sleeper", and now, it is getting harder and harder to Draft Sim him in the 3rd, which reflects him slowly moving up boards. Y'all are going to sleeper pick secret his ass up the board. Shut up about this guy. Yes, he is awesome, but my only real qualifier as far as a QB is concerned is can he hit Money in full stride as he’s streaking down the field and this guy can do it in spades. If you all don't shut up about this dude, we're going to end up with Jamie Newman here.

1615920981821.png

Round 5.) CB Trill Williams – Syracuse

He’ll be a sneaky day one starter in the Nickel and may be able to contribute on special teams if he isn’t. The dude is nasty. A good playmaker who can be put in different positions in the backfield. He’s got enough versatility to be able to help out right away. It’s also refreshing watching a DB actually wrap and tackle.

1615921246867.png

Round 6.) FB/TE/RB Ben Mason – Michigan

He’s a nasty nasty man who hurts people. He can really run the ball. Like Jusczczyk, he threatens the hand off and can play a true H-back moving position. He may be the steal of this draft. He reminds me of Jon Witman: the legend who made Ki-Jana Carter a legend. Also, watching his highlight real special team play is the stuff of legend. He’s a motherfucking animal. He will be a stalwart part of our team for the next decade and, like Witman, he’ll just get better and better and better. Finally, he replaces two important roles on our team, the H-back that JP Holtz wishes he was and the power back I’m getting tired of waiting for Nall to become. Bring him on and two roles get filled for the price of one.

1615921471671.png

Round 6.) WR Tyler Vaughns USC

This guy can catch and runs crisp routes. He is everything we thought we were getting in Riley Ridley, but who knows what’s up with that guy. Vaughns makes acrobatic circus catches. He is tough. The dude played 5 seasons and never missed a game. Think of him like Waddle for the new century. Sticky hands and brass balls. He will have a 10 year pro career as the WR 3 or 4 that is clutch when needed, the kind of role player you hope to snag in the 6th.

1615921602664.png
Round 6.) TE Tre’ Mckitty – Georgia

The dude can fucking block and catch. Is fluid. Who doesn’t like a Georgia peach?

Plus, we need a guy from Georgia or Pace dies or something.

1615921742001.png

Round 7.) RB Chris Evans – Michigan

Yeah, he’s a fucking idiot, but he's a hard working fucking idiot. He made some mistakes, and that’s why we get him here. He’s going to plummet, but, at one time, he was the best RB in a recruiting class. He will be the man who will back up the man. People forget what he did 2 years ago and he gives us the ability to have a 2 headed monster in the backfield with a 7th round pick. Great value.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This is probably the best formatted mock we've ever seen here.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don’t mind Mond as Bears draft pick. Needs to coached to have cleaner throwing mechanics and footwork. Got a good arm. Rather have him than Trask.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
So you are saying we are going to give Seattle our 1st rounders in 2022, 23 and 24? I didn't think that was possible?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
So you are saying we are going to give Seattle our 1st rounders in 2022, 23 and 24? I didn't think that was possible?

We can trade them after this year’s draft. From what I understand, there’s a ceiling of 3 first round picks.

I can be wrong, but it is the only scenario that would allow for me to mock a complete draft.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I want to like it.....prefer other tackles at 20 over cosmi and other wr in r2....but i'd be shocked if pace drafts all offense and 1 defense in any draft

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Way too much skill position. I'm not necessarily doubting this is what the Bears will do but its bad football, take some damn offensive and defensive linemen it needs to happen.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
That article on Mond makes him sound like a poor man's Cutler.

I like the draft with the exception of I would prefer more OL in the later rounds than two RB's

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
2 RBs from Michigan. 2 WRs from USC. QB and OT from the state of Texas, and the obligatory Georgia pick. Checks all the boxes.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dick Dent is rolling over in his grave.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I want to like it.....prefer other tackles at 20 over cosmi and other wr in r2....but i'd be shocked if pace drafts all offense and 1 defense in any draft

I don’t know which tackle at 20 you prefer over Mond that can play and start at LT.

Also, which WR in the 2nd do you like? I see a lot of warts on them. Also, I want a guy that was the man in his program and had to go against the opposing team’s top DB and still performed. Yes, it was a shortened season and USC wasn’t great this year, but St. Brown really excelled against defenses trying to take him out. The same can’t be said for other Wrs getting mocked to us.