My gut feeling is this is a shitty draft class

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
It's great that the Bears are getting Caleb Williams and could potentially wind up with Odunze but after that this draft class is completely underwhelming.

There's not an elite pass rusher in this draft. Turner doesn't excite me and Verse and Latu are completely average as prospects at best. None of them have put a stranglehold on being the top guy and when you don't have a consensus elite guy like Anderson from last year you really don't have anything.

The defensive tackles are even worse than the edge guys.

It's probably the worst CB draft in years.

Safety?

Bad year to be a running back or a linebacker.

Bowers is an undersized TE.

OT leaves a lot to be desired.

All of the hype from this draft has come from the QBs and the WRs.

If the Bears can't get Odunze or Nabers their best bet would be to trade out or try and trade for someone because the talent outside of the top-10 is one entire predictable lump of mediocrity.

There's just no one I'm excited about.

The truth is we won't know how good or bad any of these guys are for a couple of years or so...No reason to be over-excited or over-angsty about it now.

If you believe this is a terrible draft class, however, there is good news...After the first round, the Bears only have two more picks for the entire draft.

Isn't that great?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
All 3 are HOFers though. Not really much else to consider.
I don’t think Rivers gets in. No All-Pro nods, not a postseason winner. Accumulated a lot of hollow stats. Ryan might get in because of his MVP season.

Eli gets in with 2 SB MVP’s

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So you speak for all NFL scouts? Where is your source for all NFL scouts?

You're going to have to be more specific than your blanket statement that you're trying to pass off as a fact.
Hey buddy, take this advice for yourself. You’re the one making a claim with zero factual evidence to back it up

Also, you never answered my question regarding the OT class. You claimed last years was way better, yet you throw shade at Darnell Wright who was part of the headlining class of OT’s last year. So which is it??

Also, you never answered as to what would make Wrights pick in the top 10 as living up to the pick…what would he have to do to make you feel that the pick was justified? Let’s get it on the record now so you can’t move the goalposts later

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
They are quarterbacks who rank in the top 10 all-time and passing yards, but are clearly not top 10 quarterbacks of all time. The simple point being, stats in the current era don’t compare to stats from years past as someone was trying to do.
Was anyone in this thread touting them as top 10?

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hey buddy, take this advice for yourself. You’re the one making a claim with zero factual evidence to back it up

Also, you never answered my question regarding the OT class. You claimed last years was way better, yet you throw shade at Darnell Wright who was part of the headlining class of OT’s last year. So which is it??

Also, you never answered as to what would make Wrights pick in the top 10 as living up to the pick…what would he have to do to make you feel that the pick was justified? Let’s get it on the record now so you can’t move the goalposts later
Darnell Wright was the fourth best tackle available on some boards. There was a collective what?..... When he was the selection. The masses didn't accept him until they found the video clip from Will Anderson Jr saying he was the best blocker he faced.

My opinion is not something I'm stating as fact. He stated all NFL scouts...

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Darnell Wright was the fourth best tackle available on some boards. There was a collective what?..... When he was the selection. The masses didn't accept him until they found the video clip from Will Anderson Jr saying he was the best blocker he faced.

There was not a collective "what" when he was drafted. Do you just make shit up to try and fit your narrative?

Whether or not Wright was listed as the 4th best tackle on some boards--its a fucking irrelevant point. You know not all teams have the same draft board? Has this not occurred to you? Again, this is one ridiculously deep draft class at OT, you are just too fucking oblivious to notice it.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One guy doesn't make an entire class. I'm talking specifically about the class. Who else would you take in the Top-10 other than Alt?
I'm going to remember this if the Bears select JC Latham at 9,the other top guys are Fashanu, Fuaga and Mims, 5 deep is pretty good IMO

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

so answer the actual question i asked you...

what does Darnell Wright have to do to justify his draft position in your eyes?? answer the question or dont bitch about him going forward, take your pick

I wont bother arguing about where he ranked as tackle prospects last year, its pointless. i will say that i was high on him before the bears were high on him, though.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Let me help you out since you can't figure it out for yourself.

That's 5 QBs in one era. Show me 5 QBs in this era that are as good as those 5. You can say Brady now add 4 more QBs as good as the other 4.
Warren moon less accurate than Justin Fields lol
I’ll put Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Ryan against those guys.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

2. Offensive tackle​

Signees in our top 100 free agents: 1

Not much movement for a thin offensive tackle class in free agency, and it's mostly because that position is so critical, teams rarely let steady players at that position hit the market. And for franchises still in need at the position, tremendous news: this is a stellar offensive tackle class, the best since the 2020 group that provided the NFL with Tristan Wirfs, Andrew Thomas and Jedrick Wills in the first round. And this group is way deeper.

We'll get Oregon's State's Taliese Fuaga, Notre Dame's Joe Alt, Penn State's Olu Fashanu, and likely Alabama's JC Latham and Oklahoma's Tyler Guyton in Round 1. But we're just getting started with that fivesome. Georgia's Amarius Mims will be one of the largest and most athletically gifted tackles in the NFL in Year 1, Washington's Roger Rosengarten plays with a fun power and mobility blend, Texas' Christian Jones was so steady in Austin and has serious length, even Louisiana's Nathan Thomas is a masher on the outside, and BYU's Kingsley Suamataia has All-Pro upside given his girth and lightness in his feet. I like Maryland's Delmar Glaze as an offensive tackle who'll outplay his draft position. I could go on and on. This offensive tackle group rocks.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

2. Offensive tackle​

Not much movement for a thin offensive tackle class in free agency, and it's mostly because that position is so critical, teams rarely let steady players at that position hit the market. And for franchises still in need at the position, tremendous news: this is a stellar offensive tackle class, the best since the 2020 group that provided the NFL with Tristan Wirfs, Andrew Thomas and Jedrick Wills in the first round. And this group is way deeper.

We'll get Oregon's State's Taliese Fuaga, Notre Dame's Joe Alt, Penn State's Olu Fashanu, and likely Alabama's JC Latham and Oklahoma's Tyler Guyton in Round 1. But we're just getting started with that fivesome. Georgia's Amarius Mims will be one of the largest and most athletically gifted tackles in the NFL in Year 1, Washington's Roger Rosengarten plays with a fun power and mobility blend, Texas' Christian Jones was so steady in Austin and has serious length, even Louisiana's Nathan Thomas is a masher on the outside, and BYU's Kingsley Suamataia has All-Pro upside given his girth and lightness in his feet. I like Maryland's Delmar Glaze as an offensive tackle who'll outplay his draft position. I could go on and on. This offensive tackle group rocks.
daniel - "sHoW mE pRoOf FrOm SoMeOnE wHo MaTtErS!!!" whilst only giving his opinion with zero backing on it whatsoever

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

2. Offensive tackle​

How does this stack up against the 1989 OTs when the players were better?

@DanielCCSBears

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yes, that's all he does. He argues against a point someone has never made and then proclaims his football knowledge superiority while the other person is stupid. It's truly remarkable.
Or his most recent claim...that posters he argues with are "with the are"

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so answer the actual question i asked you...

what does Darnell Wright have to do to justify his draft position in your eyes?? answer the question or dont bitch about him going forward, take your pick

I wont bother arguing about where he ranked as tackle prospects last year, its pointless. i will say that i was high on him before the bears were high on him, though.
ask him why he thinks this is such a weak class when scouts list 5 OT'S, possibly going in round one