CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol Do you even hear yourself?

Just because there are players that are going to be drafted doesn't mean those players are any good.

It's the NFL Draft guys are GOING to be drafted that's the entire. The question is whether the guys drafted will be any good. All you've said thus far is the best players in this draft are going to be drafted first...... Duh.

Maybe try a little reflection about whether these players are actually any good.

Not at all surprised that you're the one most triggered by this I fully expected you to have the biggest reaction and here we are.

Let's try this again tell me why the players in this draft are better than players from previous drafts. Please show me how and why the overall talent coming out of college is better or as good. Please make an argument that the overall talent level in college football isn't worse and getting worse by the year.

Here I'll start to make my case View attachment 37550
imagine being this dumb to actually believe football players are getting worse by the year

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Joe Montana Jim Kelly Dan Marino Warren Moon John Elway.

Now give me 5 QBs right now that are as good as those 5 were in their era.
the fact that you somehow think this would prove football players are getting worse year by year shows just how fucking stupid you actually are

you do realize football players arent all QB's

Patrick Mahommes....now show me which QB of the ones you listed are better than him?? see how that sort of grade school level thinking works?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the fact that you somehow think this would prove football players are getting worse year by year shows just how fucking stupid you actually are

you do realize football players arent all QB's

Patrick Mahommes....now show me which QB of the ones you listed are better than him?? see how that sort of grade school level thinking works?

The ones he named aren't better than Tom Brady either.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The ones he named aren't better than Tom Brady either.
Let me help you out since you can't figure it out for yourself.

That's 5 QBs in one era. Show me 5 QBs in this era that are as good as those 5. You can say Brady now add 4 more QBs as good as the other 4.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

That's 5 QBs in one era. Show me 5 QBs in this era that are as good as those 5. You can say Brady now add 4 more QBs as good as the other 4.
continuing the grade school level arguing, i see!!!

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'd argue that the Brady, Manning era was better (Throw in Big Ben, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers). I'd take a few of those over Jim Kelly and Elway easily . And then Mahomes comes along and makes the gap even bigger

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It's just one example. The easiest example I could come up with.

Do you want me to go with Ogden Pace Boselli Jones Roaf?
question....are athletes faster, stronger, quicker, etc today or from decades ago??

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about just let the draft happen and let the players bust out first?

Again, prove to me that NFL GMs are out on this draft and that Poles thinks it's a bad one. It can't be that he traded his picks away for players. I mean, that's basic football. You trade for players that have already made the league and don't have the risk that they don't pan out.

If this draft is so bad, why would the teams Poles traded with actually accept his draft picks?

The draft can't happen soon enough for all this silly chatter to stop.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
question....are athletes faster, stronger, quicker, etc today or from decades ago??
Now we're getting into grade school level arguing.

You don't think the size of those offensive tackles is equal to today's players?

Also you're avoiding the discussion. Name 5 Hall of Fame QBs in today's game.

Now name 5 left tackles in this era.

Comparing eras. This isn't hard.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

You don't think the size of those offensive tackles is equal to today's players?

You’ve been avoiding my question since I posed it to you on page 1, but instead you choose to go down this route

msadows

Liked Posts:

Tony Mandarich

Canth

Liked Posts:

Active players literally cannot be in the Hall of Fame. They have to be a removed from the game by a minimum of 5 years before they are even considered eligible.

So, none of the current players can be named as being in the Hall of Fame.

You are trying to compare players that have completed their careers and been in the HoF for over 20 years to guys that are just now in their prime, or just entering their prime. Their careers are not complete, so we don't actually know the full extent of how good they are or can be. Hence the reason you have to wait at least 5 years for eligibility.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Look fatboi talking about tackles and the biggest bust ever at the position was drafted in the 80's

msadows

Liked Posts:
Active players literally cannot be in the Hall of Fame. They have to be a removed from the game by a minimum of 5 years before they are even considered eligible.

So, none of the current players can be named as being in the Hall of Fame.

You are trying to compare players that have completed their careers and been in the HoF for over 20 years to guys that are just now in their prime, or just entering their prime. Their careers are not complete, so we don't actually know the full extent of how good they are or can be. Hence the reason you have to wait at least 5 years for eligibility.

Wilson, Stafford, Rodgers all likely get in.

Mahomes looks like a shoe in.

Thats at minimum 4. Daniel is just very stupid

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jim Kelly? Lulz. Passer rating in the mid 80’s. Even adjusted for era inflation, he would barely crack the 90’s.
Warren Moon is even worse and somehow managed to lose to Dave Wanstedt’s Bears in the playoffs.

This is comical. Mahomes/Herbert/Burrow/Allen/Jackson/Rodgers are all better than Kelly & Moon.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

who were those 5 OT's and QB's playing against??? its cool that some of those guys were able to dominate guys that ended up selling used autos eventually.

again, youre using simplistic grade school level reasoning to justify your dumb thoughts.

its like saying babe ruth is the greatest baseball player ever....like sure, his numbers are the best ever...but against what level of competition?? Ruth never had to face CC Sabathia throwing a 94 MPH slider in on him

so again, are athletes today bigger, stronger, and faster than the average athlete from decades ago??