My gut feeling is this is a shitty draft class

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bama posted it for me. Two of the top three guys are projected to wind up in the interior according to the PFF link.
And there is still very good talent at OT, again all NFL scouts agree that this is one of the deepest OT drafts in recent memory. But sure, we are supposed to take your word for it. Lol

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You understand that the rules are vastly different now than in the 80's, right?

The rules have been changed over and over to favor the offenses and make the passing game easier.

If you look at the list of top passers of all time in terms of passing yardage, most of the Top 15 are from the past decade. God didn't just start making better QBs.

While everyone is anointing Mahomes the greatest of all time already, the guy plays a game in which he can't be touched. QBs in the past had no such pampering.

Eli, Rivers, Ryan....are these guys Top QBs of all time? Hell, no. But stats can lead some to think so.
Eli, Rivers and especially Ryan will never be considered top QB’s. Even with their stats (Eli’s are especially underwhelming).

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And there is still very good talent at OT, again all NFL scouts agree that this is one of the deepest OT drafts in recent memory. But sure, we are supposed to take your word for it. Lol
So you speak for all NFL scouts? Where is your source for all NFL scouts?

You're going to have to be more specific than your blanket statement that you're trying to pass off as a fact.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
One guy doesn't make an entire class. I'm talking specifically about the class. Who else would you take in the Top-10 other than Alt?
There's not an elite pass rusher in this draft. Turner doesn't excite me and Verse and Latu are completely average as prospects at best. None of them have put a stranglehold on being the top guy and when you don't have a consensus elite guy like Anderson from last year you really don't have anything.

Go check your blood sugars immediately.

Secondly - I gave you the list long ago and you still have yet to explain how this years class is not as good as last years class.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So you speak for all NFL scouts? Where is your source for all NFL scouts?

You're going to have to be more specific than your blanket statement that you're trying to pass off as a fact.

Here is Dane Brugler discussing the OT depth in this draft. It’s also very deep at OG/C as well.

I can send more from what I have read but if you can’t figure out the strength of this draft, I really can’t help you.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Go check your blood sugars immediately.

Secondly - I gave you the list long ago and you still have yet to explain how this years class is not as good as last years class.
Oh look another fat joke.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Here is Dane Brugler discussing the OT depth in this draft. It’s also very deep at OG/C as well.

I can send more from what I have read but if you can’t figure out the strength of this draft, I really can’t help you.
That was an absolutely atrocious example.

He spent more time talking about the wide receivers than he did the offensive tackles and put two players in the tier 1 discussion of offensive tackles.

So I'll ask you for a better example than this one because this was a horrid way to try and make your argument.

The consensus has been for this this entire draft that this is a very rich and talented wide receiver draft. That's been covered by everyone at all levels and that benefits the Bears tremendously. Everyone agrees on that.

After that there's a lot of meh players. Last year there was plenty of debate between the best offensive tackles this there's Alt and everyone else.

So I'll ask you again, show the the discussion where people are talking about the depth and talent of the offensive tackle class..

TL1961

Liked Posts:
They are quarterbacks who rank in the top 10 all-time and passing yards, but are clearly not top 10 quarterbacks of all time. The simple point being, stats in the current era don’t compare to stats from years past as someone was trying to do.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh look another fat joke.
Bro I am approaching 50 and have a plantar flare-up at 170 lbs. People have little patience running circles around your circumference and pessimistic takes. If your despondent ass was picking up my kids on your bus I would literally do 9 steps on my app I don't even use anymore, housing your ass like a realtor.

Sit down and don't break your recliner.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They are quarterbacks who rank in the top 10 all-time and passing yards, but are clearly not top 10 quarterbacks of all time. The simple point being, stats in the current era don’t compare to stats from years past as someone was trying to do.
Yes but most know that this era of statistical QB inflation should be minimized compared to other eras. For example, Marino’s 1984(?) season should still be considered the greatest statistical season ever for a QB. In this era, he would have thrown for 7000yds with ease.

mecha

Liked Posts:
since the days much of us were inhabitants at CBMB there have historically always been detractors that would say things like "wait for next year's draft". which honestly doesn't make any sense to me. the Bears won't be picking #1 and #9 in 2025, what benefit would there be to waiting until next year?

Biff may not have phrased it as such, but this is really what he's indicating.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Eli, Rivers and especially Ryan will never be considered top QB’s. Even with their stats (Eli’s are especially underwhelming).

All 3 are HOFers though. Not really much else to consider.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yes but most know that this era of statistical QB inflation should be minimized compared to other eras. For example, Marino’s 1984(?) season should still be considered the greatest statistical season ever for a QB. In this era, he would have thrown for 7000yds with ease.
Most know. But clearly not everyone.