dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If we make no significant signing to our DB's/LBers from here on out then this would be my draft.

(1) D.Fowler OLB---If not there V.Beasley
(2) A.Armstead--J.Phillips DE/DT
(3) P.Dawson LBer--He had a bad combine which will drop him down in the draft but so did V.Burfict.
(4) D.Eskridge FS--I'd give the o-line a look here if the right guy was there.
(5) A.Gallik C--Don't know much about these C/G or T left this late but i'd grab the best one available.
(6) L.Gunter CB
(7) BPA--I heard that the 7th rounder we traded to the Jets is from the 2016 draft but don't know if true.

With no significant signings then that would be my draft which would be focused on getting to the QB and stopping the run and if we do make any signing like a M.Foster or Satele or a DB i'd switch it up a little but not much.

(1) D.Shelton DT/NT--It's about stopping the run.
(2) E.Harold OLB/ B.McKinney LBer/ N.Orchard OLB/DE--Whichever fits Fangio's system best but i'd think real hard about going OLB in the 1st and DT/NT in the 2nd.
(3) TJ Yeldon/D.Cobb RB--Take the ball out of Cutlers hands.
(4) J.Matias/M.Morsa OG--I would slide K.Long out to RT and draft the best available guard left and run the ball.
(5) C.Hackett FS--This is my sleeper free safety from TCU.
(6) L.Gunter CB--another sleeper out of Miami.
(7) If we have a 7th rounder this year then i'd go BPA.

These are my mocks which i kept pretty realistic i feel. I feel like we lost out on any of the safeties that could of come in and help right away and don't see us signing T.Williams or P.Robinson which are the only two CB's i can see coming in and starting. I can maybe see L.Delmas or S.Brown starting at FS for us but Delmas can't stay healthy and i think the Giants are gonna re-sign S.Brown. Those are the reasons i focused my drafts on getting to the QB and stopping the run which will help our DB's who will need all the help they can get.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
lol.....i did a mock with the exact first 3 picks...

In which one of my mocks?? What do you think of either of my mocks?? I'm not getting any comments because everyone is used to looking at all the unrealistic mocks people make where we're drafting players like B.McKinney in the 3rd or trading our #7 pick for two firsts and a 3rd and i feel mine are much more realistic.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I like your first mock better than the second but both are solid. I have my doubts about Armstead being available in the second on the first mock and Harold in the second but both would be great gets. If the Bears still need a 5-tech and Armstead is not available in the second I would look into Mario Edwards.

I like Dawson a lot if we don't grab a veteran ILB in FA and if we do I would look for a CB or WR at that point.

Overall I like your drafts and would be happy with either situation. Landing Fowler would be awesome as it would allow Houston to move to DE and continue on the versatility theme allowing Fangio to attack in multiple ways.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah M.Edwards would be a good get if Armstead isn't there in the 2nd. I wanted to get R.Darby in the 3rd or 4th so if P.Dawson isn't there i'd love to get Darby or another CB. I'm wondering how far P.Dawson will drop if he does at all??

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
In which one of my mocks?? What do you think of either of my mocks?? I'm not getting any comments because everyone is used to looking at all the unrealistic mocks people make where we're drafting players like B.McKinney in the 3rd or trading our #7 pick for two firsts and a 3rd and i feel mine are much more realistic.

first one..... this is what I had

Fowler OLB
Armstead DT
Dawson ILB
Morse OG
Anderson WR
Marshall DB

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Yeah M.Edwards would be a good get if Armstead isn't there in the 2nd. I wanted to get R.Darby in the 3rd or 4th so if P.Dawson isn't there i'd love to get Darby or another CB. I'm wondering how far P.Dawson will drop if he does at all??

Dawson will be interesting to watch for during the draft. On tape he is the best ILB in the draft IMO but he has character concerns and did not do himself any favors at the combine. I still think his tape will trump the concerns and he won't make it out of the 3rd but that's just my guess and doesn't mean much.

broker3d

Liked Posts:

Yeah, I would love Darby in round 3 too but the kid may not even make it out of round 1. Definitely is not making it out of round 2.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Dawson will be interesting to watch for during the draft. On tape he is the best ILB in the draft IMO but he has character concerns and did not do himself any favors at the combine. I still think his tape will trump the concerns and he won't make it out of the 3rd but that's just my guess and doesn't mean much.

Sounds exactly like Vontaze Burfict. Character problems and a horrible combine and he ended going undrafted but became a pretty damn good LBer for Cincy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah, I would love Darby in round 3 too but the kid may not even make it out of round 1. Definitely is not making it out of round 2.

I don't see any way for Darby getting drafted in the 1st but i can see him going mid to late in round 2.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This would be a great draft, though I still don't understand the love for Arik Armstead. Many consider him to be a late 1st round pick, but I don't see enough talent to warrant him that high. Aside from that I love Paul Dawson, he would be a steal in the third.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah if you don't like Armstead then just replace him with the best DT available. My point of these mocks was if we were gonna go into the season with the DB's we have now as starters then i'd want to use the draft to stack up our line with pass rushers and run stoppers to help the defensive backfield and then work on the DB's the following year.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we make no significant signing to our DB's/LBers from here on out then this would be my draft.

(1) D.Fowler OLB---If not there V.Beasley
(2) A.Armstead--J.Phillips DE/DT
(3) P.Dawson LBer--He had a bad combine which will drop him down in the draft but so did V.Burfict.
(4) D.Eskridge FS--I'd give the o-line a look here if the right guy was there.
(5) A.Gallik C--Don't know much about these C/G or T left this late but i'd grab the best one available.
(6) L.Gunter CB
(7) BPA--I heard that the 7th rounder we traded to the Jets is from the 2016 draft but don't know if true.

With no significant signings then that would be my draft which would be focused on getting to the QB and stopping the run and if we do make any signing like a M.Foster or Satele or a DB i'd switch it up a little but not much.

(1) D.Shelton DT/NT--It's about stopping the run.
(2) E.Harold OLB/ B.McKinney LBer/ N.Orchard OLB/DE--Whichever fits Fangio's system best but i'd think real hard about going OLB in the 1st and DT/NT in the 2nd.
(3) TJ Yeldon/D.Cobb RB--Take the ball out of Cutlers hands.
(4) J.Matias/M.Morsa OG--I would slide K.Long out to RT and draft the best available guard left and run the ball.
(5) C.Hackett FS--This is my sleeper free safety from TCU.
(6) L.Gunter CB--another sleeper out of Miami.
(7) If we have a 7th rounder this year then i'd go BPA.

These are my mocks which i kept pretty realistic i feel. I feel like we lost out on any of the safeties that could of come in and help right away and don't see us signing T.Williams or P.Robinson which are the only two CB's i can see coming in and starting. I can maybe see L.Delmas or S.Brown starting at FS for us but Delmas can't stay healthy and i think the Giants are gonna re-sign S.Brown. Those are the reasons i focused my drafts on getting to the QB and stopping the run which will help our DB's who will need all the help they can get.

"Hugs are better than Mock Drafts"

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Arik Armstead falls to us in the second I think you would have to take him. Many mocks I have seen have him going late 1st.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Arik Armstead falls to us in the second I think you would have to take him. Many mocks I have seen have him going late 1st.

Yeah i was just going off of the projections from a couple of sites but i can see him going in the bottom of the 1st as well and if so then i'd take the next best DT/NT available.