1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yep.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
When Carlos Marmol enters a game all I can hear in my head is Brian Kenny.

One run will score....

Two runs will score....

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
When Carlos Marmol enters a game all I can hear in my head is Brian Kenny.

One run will score....

Two runs will score....

And 6 more runs score and the (insert team here) win in walk off fashion.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My reaction:

:kermit:

:shot:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Not that Sveum is without blame in how Marmol is used, but Marmol is being trotted out to the mound because the Front Office still believes they can raise his value and trade him. Then they don't have to pay the entirety of his salary and perhaps get a draft pick in return. Essentially their obstinance has cost the Cubs significantly in the W/L column. What they are essentially telling the Cubs fans is "we don't care, but we aren't going to let you know that because we need you to waste your money at Wrigley and waste your time tuning in to the cable broadcast."

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not that Sveum is without blame in how Marmol is used, but Marmol is being trotted out to the mound because the Front Office still believes they can raise his value and trade him. Then they don't have to pay the entirety of his salary and perhaps get a draft pick in return. Essentially their obstinance has cost the Cubs significantly in the W/L column. What they are essentially telling the Cubs fans is "we don't care, but we aren't going to let you know that because we need you to waste your money at Wrigley and waste your time tuning in to the cable broadcast."
Not every GM is as stupid as Theo Epstein.

AmericanFlyer1

Liked Posts:
Not every GM is as stupid as Theo Epstein.

It's what happens when you try to be the smartest dumb guy. You ended up missing out on things like "common sense" and "no-brainers".

Trying to use him to increase trade value when all he is doing is reducing his trade value and costing the teams wins. But, since he doesn't want to win; he is in keeping with his plan to perfection.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:

Too late now. There's probably not an ounce left of value in Marmol.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
It's what happens when you try to be the smartest dumb guy. You ended up missing out on things like "common sense" and "no-brainers".

Trying to use him to increase trade value when all he is doing is reducing his trade value and costing the teams wins. But, since he doesn't want to win; he is in keeping with his plan to perfection.

Very nicely worded AF. Wins are definitely not logical during the "Great Rebuild."

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Too late now. There's probably not an ounce left of value in Marmol.
Absolutely agree. It's a real head scratcher as to why they think a leopard can change its spots at this juncture.