Snorch

Liked Posts:
Cut--Peppers, Bush and E Bennett
Resign--Ratliff and Josh/ plus roster fillers
FA signings-- DE-Mike Bennett and C-Ryan Wendell

Draft
1) Kony Ealy DE Mizz-----------------Takes over from day one
2) Louchiez Purifoy CB Flo-----------Fills Peanuts spot plus major speed
3) Kelcy Quarles DT USC-------------Better than Clowney?
4) Chris Borland ILB UW--------------Bigger Zach Thomas with more speed
5) Antone Exum DB Vir Tech---------Coming off injury but can be a steal
6) Jacob Pederson TE UW------------#2 TE that is a great pass catcher
7) Beau Allen DT UW------------------340 pound of space eater

I know I have three UW players here, but they all fit a need and are value at these spots. This draft will not cover every need but will go a long way

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Stopped reading after "Better than Clowney?"

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It's not bad. Love Kony Ealy. Purifoy is one of those guys that's going to either be amazing or terrible at CB. He plays with that Florida Gator swagger like Haden and Janoris Jenkins. But unlike them, he hasn't been consistently dominant in coverage. But he has all the tools. 6'1", long arms, 4.4 speed. Another prospect that scares me, but I like him. He also is a wonderful special teams player. Blocks kicks. Can be a gunner. I'd love him as the #3 CB learning under Tillman. Quarles can stop the run at all, but is a good pass rusher. Could develop that part of the game. Exum seems like an Emery type of player. Big, hybrid S/CB. I like him as a S. Not quite as tall, but low end projection of George Iloka (Bengals SS) and Kam Chancellor on the high end. I liked both of those guys more than I like him though. Pedersen is OK. I think the team wants more of a blocker. He's not a bad blocker, he's just not very big. Probably will struggle to block in the NFL. More H-back than TE. Don't know much about Allen. Only pick I really don't like is Borland. May be a solid player, but I don't see any projection with him. Zach Thomas is not the norm for undersized LBs.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I like this mock more than any others I have seen. If Ealy and Purifoy are even close to being NFL ready this would really boost the defense. Where I might change things up is I would sign Collins or Melton to play DT with Raitliff Paea and one of them for a 3 man rotation. Third round go for best player available maybe a safety or hopefully a second round talent who falls into the 3rd because this is a pretty deep draft. Also to get Purifoy whose potential I love Emery might have to trade up in the second round like he did for Jeffrey.

Snorch

Liked Posts:
Thanks Rawdog for the input. I think Borland is a baller. And yes Pederson is about an average blocker at best. But if we need a blocker just bring in Britton.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cut--Peppers, Bush and E Bennett
Resign--Ratliff and Josh/ plus roster fillers
FA signings-- DE-Mike Bennett and C-Ryan Wendell

Draft
1) Kony Ealy DE Mizz-----------------Takes over from day one
2) Louchiez Purifoy CB Flo-----------Fills Peanuts spot plus major speed
3) Kelcy Quarles DT USC-------------Better than Clowney?
4) Chris Borland ILB UW--------------Bigger Zach Thomas with more speed
5) Antone Exum DB Vir Tech---------Coming off injury but can be a steal
6) Jacob Pederson TE UW------------#2 TE that is a great pass catcher
7) Beau Allen DT UW------------------#340 of space eater

I know I have three UW players here, but they all fit a need and are value at these spots. This draft will not cover every need but will go a long way
You want Wendell to take over for someone who is better than him?

Snorch

Liked Posts:
I like this mock more than any others I have seen. If Ealy and Purifoy are even close to being NFL ready this would really boost the defense. Where I might change things up is I would sign Collins or Melton to play DT with Raitliff Paea and one of them for a 3 man rotation. Third round go for best player available maybe a safety or hopefully a second round talent who falls into the 3rd because this is a pretty deep draft. Also to get Purifoy whose potential I love Emery might have to trade up in the second round like he did for Jeffrey.

I'd love Melton back, just have no clue on the dollars. I see Purifoy anywhere from early second until the third

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Researching Exum he looks like he might be a good fit at safety.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I'm thinking now that Purifoy will be gone

Purifoy is a guy early on I wanted for our team. It looks like he might slide into the early part of the second round but probably not to 51 when the Bears pick. For a cover corner with 4.4 speed at 6 feet one I would probably trade a 4th rounder to move up in the draft. This is what Emery did to get Jeffrey.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Clowney had a phenomenal year for anyone that actually watched the games... He drew double and triple teams and had huge impacts on games...

If teams dedicated the type of attention that they did to any other player in the draft they would have had 10x worse stats than clowney...

every that says Clowney had a bad year is someone that is only looking at his stats...

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Clowney had a phenomenal year for anyone that actually watched the games... He drew double and triple teams and had huge impacts on games...

If teams dedicated the type of attention that they did to any other player in the draft they would have had 10x worse stats than clowney...

every that says Clowney had a bad year is someone that is only looking at his stats...

You have a message good sir.

Snorch

Liked Posts:

So are you saying you wouldn't like Quarles because Clowney is better? The fact Clowney will be a top 5 picks and Quarles will be a third rounder tells you who most likely is the better player

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
So are you saying you wouldn't like Quarles because Clowney is better? The fact Clowney will be a top 5 picks and Quarles will be a third rounder tells you who most likely is the better player

I didn't say that at all... people who keep saying he had a better year than clowney though are dillusional... Clowney had an effect on every play while he was on the field... whether it was forcing teams to run away from him or drawing double and triple teams from pass protection...

Stats didn't tell the whole story... But some people only worry about stats...