Nagy Expected to Return per Rapoport

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
They needed and excuse, they got the excuse.

Forget that he burnt 24 games on his ego and his knock off KC system.

Trubisky has to be pissed that he’s once again taking play calls from Nagy after doing so well with Lazor.

Trubisky should fake an injury on the first drive so that Nagy can’t ride his coat tails for another game. A Nagy-Foles offense today would probably be good enough to get everyone fired.

It would be the ultimate revenge for Trubisky.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Nagy is such a egomaniac. Your offense was ranked near the bottom of the league last year and with Foles it was damn at the bottom of the league this year. Yet your so thick skulled to keep trying to run the KC offense when your team doesn't have the personnel for it. Don't have the line the weapons the speed or the QB. Your job as a coach is to do what your team is good at not do what you want to do even though it puts your team and offense in a horrible spot. I legitimately can't find reasons why Nagy is better then Gase. he's the bottom feeder of coaches.

I bet this egomaniac was pissed when Lazor a dude who wasn't even in the league last year ran circles around him with his personnel instead of being happy for the team's success. Fire him.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Yep. Outside of GB having some bizarre turnover laden game where we win and get in....this script will flip tomorrow if we lose.

It really could come down to the other games on us making the playoffs or not. It's going to be sad when we limp into the playoffs, get beat, and they us a simple playoff appearance as a reason Nagy needs to come back.
I can see it now. George McCaskey takes the podium. Explains to reporters that Momma is pissed off before explaining how beating the pathetic Vikings, Texans, and Jaguars was a clear indication of Nagy really holding the team together after 6 losses in a row, while completely ignoring the fact that one of those losses came against the fucking Lions!

Yay us Bears fans! Thrilled for 8-8 in 2021. In the immortal words of Bart Scott, "CAN'T WAIT!"

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
As much as I want lazor to call the plays, Nagy did say he surrendered play calling “for now”. We knew he was going to call plays again eventually. And I knew he was in the last game by some plays that they ran.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
wow, what a shocker.

Everyone knows he will be back. That was pretty much sealed after the last few games. He would have had to lose our or win like 1 game to be fired.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
they put up 41, 33, and 36 points in “recent weeks”. this is a funny place.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I have zero issues with nagy being "involved" in playcalling, he just shouldn't be the main guy to develop the gameplan and gameday playcalls.

Plenty of coaches have say on what plays they want to run while still letting a DC/OC run plays. Andy Reid does it a lot.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also, I know overreaction is strong, but he deserves another year if he can retain Arob for us in the offseason.

This team wont probably compete next year no matter who they have at GM/HC. No one wants to be a lame duck HC/GM.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I have zero issues with nagy being "involved" in playcalling, he just shouldn't be the main guy to develop the gameplan and gameday playcalls.

Plenty of coaches have say on what plays they want to run while still letting a DC/OC run plays. Andy Reid does it a lot.

B.Lazor is still up in the sky box which i'm pretty sure he wasn't before he took over play calling doodies so he's obviously still involved and maybe with Lazor calling down a smaller group of plays for Nagy to choose from will help cause before Nagy just couldn't stop looking at that damn play call sheet and i think he was just overthinking it.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I knew that fucker was calling plays...watch for the implosion~!

As soon as I saw our 1st half performance last week I knew the BHVWGHC was back in the mix

Mitch was in shotgun way more
Think we threw it 9 straight times at one point in the half over 3 drives (almost all unsuccessful out of the shotgun)

Get this guys fking bald head out of gameday decisions and esp play calling

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Well....we all knew Nagy couldn't stay away from the playcalling for long. Afterall this is the guy with a whole room full of playcall sheets plastered on his walls..

Canth

Liked Posts:
Lovie got fired after a SB appearance, two NFCCG's, and right after a 10-6 season.

One rather key difference though is that the GM that fired Lovie was not the GM that hired Lovie and he was looking for his own coach.

Nagy was hired by Pace and I think they are both tied together at this point and they both know it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Nagy will stop playing power games with Pace and coach football guys.

Given Covid-19 and the situation, and a great job of coaching a locker room back to you, I have no problem with adjusting the time-table to the smoothest financial transitions...

Nagy gets one more chance. And Pace/Nagy might go down together but I'd be fine with Pace making decisions if they take the reigns off him and just let him work for another year or two.

Another QB or Coach miss and he is done though. Gotta hit them both this time.

1. 2021 Nagy picks a QB and must flow hope in both of them
2. 2022 Pace picks a coach
3. 2023 Pace picks a QB and must flow with hope in both of them by now

Some patience and leave opportunities for continuity. We lose a year to the virus, its already contract ideal anyway.

msadows

Liked Posts:
As soon as I saw our 1st half performance last week I knew the BHVWGHC was back in the mix

Mitch was in shotgun way more
Think we threw it 9 straight times at one point in the half over 3 drives (almost all unsuccessful out of the shotgun)

Get this guys fking bald head out of gameday decisions and esp play calling

To be fair, the jaguars were stacking the box to stop Monty. Play action won't work as well then if monty cant get running. We all know mitch can't beat a defense usually.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Maybe Nagy will stop playing power games with Pace and coach football guys.

Given Covid-19 and the situation, and a great job of coaching a locker room back to you, I have no problem with adjusting the time-table to the smoothest financial transitions...

Nagy gets one more chance. And Pace/Nagy might go down together but I'd be fine with Pace making decisions if they take the reigns off him and just let him work for another year or two.

Another QB or Coach miss and he is done though. Gotta hit them both this time.

1. 2021 Nagy picks a QB and must flow hope in both of them
2. 2022 Pace picks a coach
3. 2023 Pace picks a QB and must flow with hope in both of them by now

Some patience and leave opportunities for continuity. We lose a year to the virus, its already contract ideal anyway.

My guess is mitch is back too.

The whole crew gets one more year, if it sucks, they blow it up and let the next GM draft a QB in 2022.

They won't even have to blow it up since their contracts expire after 2021. Just let them walk.