National article on the Bulls problems

Fred

Liked Posts:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/bulls/2009-12-10-derrick-rose-struggles_N.htm?csp=34

Here's a national article on the Bulls' problems in Friday's USAToday. The problems,according to this article:

1. Rose Injury "Point guard Derrick Rose, the 2009 rookie of the year, concedes that a sprained right ankle that kept him out a majority of the preseason has messed with his head. He was flustered by his first significant injury and his inability to return to 100% as fast as he expected. His explosiveness, he says, is not fully back. It shows in his statistics. Rose is averaging fewer points (16.1 vs. 16.8), assists (5.7 vs. 6.3) and rebounds (3.0 vs. 3.9)."

2. Rose adjusting to leadership role. "Hinrich says Rose is also adjusting to the role of team leader, with the offseason departure of guard Ben Gordon to the Detroit Pistons. "He's trying to learn how to run a team. You gradually see that," Hinrich says. "It's tough on him. He's not a real vocal guy. He's kind of a quiet kid. I was the same way. It's tough to be one of the youngest guys on the team and be a vocal point guard and tell guys where to go. He is a good player right now but his ceiling is so high." The Bulls, missing Gordon, have scored 100-plus points just twice and are shooting 43.1% from the field, 28th in the NBA.

3. John Salmons. "Guard John Salmons isn't scoring as he did last season (14.4 vs. 18.3)."

4. Injuries. "Forward Tyrus Thomas hasn't played since Nov. 5 with a broken left arm. Hinrich just returned from a sprained left thumb."

5. Poor Defense. "The defense is a bigger concern. In eight of the past nine losses, Chicago allowed at least 100 points, including at least 110 in four games. Just four teams have given up more points in the past 10 games."

Big surprise, but guess who gets a pass, although he's quoted liberally in the article?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I don't want Hinrich's play to be highlighted. Maybe if nobody talks about it some team might think he's playing like he did last year and trade for him! :laugh:

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
"Noah says the team isn't always giving 100% for 48 minutes."

That's the most troubling statement in that entire article. I know Norm is turning in his grave right now.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
I think the biggest problem is that Salmons has been absolute crap. He's just not fast enough to get past the 2 guards and he's really a 3. If this team is going to get out of this funk they need to go small with Rose, Hinrich, Salmons, Deng and Noah