NBA Scoring on the Rise...in most places.

Fred

Liked Posts:
Great article by Marc Stein.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4620192

Here are some highlights:

"but teams are undeniably taking more 3-pointers with each passing year. A few new teams every season tend to decide they want to play at a faster pace and the general trend throughout the league finds coaches working 3s into their offenses and practice routines more than ever."

"Some shooters, in other words, are finding that the new rims deliver softer bounces that could lead to more baskets."

"Seven days' worth of games last season is considered to be a small sample by statistics experts, but the jump from 95.17 points per game to the current 99.96 comes at at a time when offenses are traditionally still getting in sync."

"The leaguewide field-goal percentage for the same span has also risen (from 44.3 percent from the field to 45.5 percent) and the jump in 3-point percentage across the NBA is even more dramatic: 33.4 percent to 36.3 percent."

Something to ponder when thinking about our pathetic offensive start.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The offense should improve...its too early to be concerned. We have played 3 playoff teams. I am not concerned at this point...

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I've noticed the amount of high-scoring game so far. It's good to see. Things like this go in cycles. At the beginning of the decade people were moaning about the lack of scoring and what has to change. Now it's fine. It's amazing how much things have changed in about 7/8 years. There's a ton of high score on a nightly basis.

What's the difference between now and say 2002/2003? What do you guys think?

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Let the Bulls get a few cupcake games, and that will be enough to boost their scoring stats.

I think John Salmons is going for 30 tonight, with at least three 3's.