Ndamukong Suh "Sack"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PcdMQhFJYk]YouTube - Ndamukong SUH 1ST NFL SACK[/ame]

With all the Lions fans talking about bad calls by refs awarding benefits for no reason. Why is Suh credited with this sack?

I get the rule is if a player is run out of bounds, but then why is it not awarded to Vandenbosch who actually causes the pressure and contacts Cutler as he steps out.

Kinda sad if that's the man people are gonna be considering for DROY and that counts as a sack on his record.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think KVB who dominated Chris Williams with help frequently deserves a lot more credit.

And you very well know the majority of people voting on on these awards lay their eyes on stats when it comes to it down the line with the hype nobody will notice the actual play, but the credit.

Last edited:

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Well, you know, there's also the rest of the game where he's destroying Lance Louis and company, but yeah, nit-picking a sack call (which is applied to all defensive players that run QB's out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage) is totally reasonable. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter...that isn't a sack lol

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's an NFL rules sack.. I don't think it should be an Ndamukong Suh Sack

Veritas

Liked Posts:
Who is considering Ndamukong Suh for defensive player of the year at this point in time? He had a very good game against one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, it is going to take a hell of a lot more than that to even be considered for the award. With that said I don't see the point behind this thread, you're ripping the kid because on one play he was awarded a sack. What about the rest of the game when he was controlling two gaps by himself and on passing downs he was five yards into our backfield as soon as the ball was snapped. Not a bad start for a rookie playing in his first NFL game.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I mean DROY, no It was pointing out you have Lions fans ripping the whole outcome of the game and refs.

And when it came down to it in the 4th quarter and late 3rd beyond the goalline stand he was handled easily with hardly any impact each play.

Veritas

Liked Posts:
I still do not see your point behind the thread. Basically what I am getting is because Lion's fans are blaming their loss on the referees you decided to make a thread ripping Ndamukong Suh for a sack he was awarded by an NFL statistician. I am not making the connection.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
To point out the fact of the matter, nothing extreme.

I'm cynical, it should be held accountable.

Last edited:

regoob2

Liked Posts:
Bears fans shouldn't be complaining about calls from that game.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Apparently noone here has heard the cry of Detroit fans the past week.

Rules that don't have clear cut rules and plenty of easily findable previous experience of it should be questioned.

The explanation for it I finally found are that it goes to the nearest defender regardless if there was even more of a legit push out effort by a guy who fell and wasn't close in the end like KVB.. So it is the correct ruling, but pretty minor for the man I hear people around me saying is the next Mean Joe. Suh may never learn nfl technique or may pick up a key move he can dominate with other than brute strength, not likely to happen as a rookie i've been hearing that one too much.

Last edited:

WearShades

Liked Posts:
YouTube - Ndamukong SUH 1ST NFL SACK

With all the Lions fans talking about bad calls by refs awarding benefits for no reason. Why is Suh credited with this sack?

I get the rule is if a player is run out of bounds, but then why is it not awarded to Vandenbosch who actually causes the pressure and contacts Cutler as he steps out.

Kinda sad if that's the man people are gonna be considering for DROY and that counts as a sack on his record.

For starters, the referees don't decide if that is a sack, that's an unrelated statistician. Second, there is a huge magnitude of difference between something being called a sack (when it in no way alters the play mind you) and a touchdown being taken away. The Lions fans have every reason to be upset.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Dude, Clyde.....you're better than this thread you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.