New Head Coaches 0-7

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
the worst record by a group of new head coaches in NFL history. The previous worst was 0-6 in 2001.

I Remember Mike Mcarthy was a deer in the headlights his first game, Nagy & Fangio did not look prepared for all the Zone GB played.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Nagy had the BEST chance to win.

Last two games he’s been involved in:

KC/Tennessee 21-3 @ halftime = loss
Chi/Gb 20-0 in 3rd quarter = loss

When is a lead big enough?!?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont know about the rest of you, but I am going to tire quickly of that Gruden bewildered look on his face. The man could not shut up in the TV booth, did not seem like he had much to say to his coaches last night.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
the worst record by a group of new head coaches in NFL history. The previous worst was 0-6 in 2001.

I Remember Mike Mcarthy was a deer in the headlights his first game, Nagy & Fangio did not look prepared for all the Zone GB played.

The Bears worked out former Steelers S Mike Mitchell today, I’m told. Sounded like it went pretty well.

This is another reason why the Bears fans should not panic. We were very close to winning against one of the best teams in the league in their stadium. Honestly. How many people actually thought the Bears would win this game anyways?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nagy had the BEST chance to win.

Last two games he’s been involved in:

KC/Tennessee 21-3 @ halftime = loss
Chi/Gb 20-0 in 3rd quarter = loss

When is a lead big enough?!?

In our case, it is never safe when you are playing Rodgers. Nagy will have learned that now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Steve Wilks, Cardinals L, 24-6, worked over at home by the Redskins

Matt Nagy, Bears, L, 24-23 collapsed against one of the best teams in the league on the road in primetime and should have won the game.

Matt Patricia, Lions, L, 48-17, Flat out embarrassed at home by a rookie QB an the Jets on primetime

Frank Reich, Colts L, 34-23, blew a 2 TD lead at home in the 2nd half to the Bengals

Pat Shurmur, Giants, L, 20-15 lost at home to the Jags, which is not that bad

Mike Vrabel, Titans, L, 27-20 loses to the Dolphins and his young QB went 9/16 for 100 yards and 2 INTs

Jon Gruden, Raiders L, 33-13 talked a big game and then got murdered at home by the Rams on primetime with his "franchise" QB throwing 3 picks.

Outscored 210-117

Looks a little different in context.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't Reid take over playcalling in the 2nd half of the Titans playoff game?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Didn't Reid take over playcalling in the 2nd half of the Titans playoff game?

So he claims. He said it during the time Nagy was interviewing for HC jobs, so I'm thinking he probably just said it to help his guy out. I would doubt he'd just arbitrarily take back play calling from his OC when they had a big lead and things were going well. As Ommy would say, not buying it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So he claims. He said it during the time Nagy was interviewing for HC jobs, so I'm thinking he probably just said it to help his guy out. I would doubt he'd just arbitrarily take back play calling from his OC when they had a big lead and things were going well. As Ommy would say, not buying it.

Hub, who was on the sideline of the game, reported that Nagy wasn't talking to the QB in the 2nd half and that Ried was, so who knows.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm not forgiving the mistakes he made in the GB game, but was under the impression that was the case.