New Rules for the Future NHL

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not 100% on this as I was never a goalie, but:

Helmets used to be form fitting (think of the old goalie masks, while you have better vision from them, they aren't as protective to the face as the masks they wear nowadays).

Leg pads - Leg pads have a maximum size limit (38 inches, I believe) right now in the NHL. So, Rinne, who is listed at 6' 5" and Chris Osgood, who is listed at 5' 10" can wear the same sized leg pads. This is advantage Osgood if he can adapt to the loss of mobility (if there is one, I should say, and whatever it might be) due to the large pads since the pads will make himself bigger than he actually is.

Does this kinda make some sense?

I played goalie for 4 years. fucked around with the old mask, Still i would rather have the nhl masks they use now.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't mind the NHL trying to protect the players but you have to keep the game physical and not do what the NFL has done (make the defense play flag football with the quarterback).

One very easy way to get rid of a lot of cheap hits and also keep the physical nature of the game alive is to get rid of the instigator rule.[/QUOTE]

I agree, and expand the roster by 1 so a guy like Shelly, Godard are there if needed