NFL Draft Tankathon

mecha

Liked Posts:
I am impressed we are already as high as 13 lol.

Bears were at the top of the "in the hunt" list! the Cowboys at 3-8 were listed there too. that's wild how bad the NFC East are.

how bad contracts can they unload in time? how soon?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no damn idea what to expect for the rest of the season except to book 2 Ls for MIN & GB (even if GB rests everybody).
Prob. lose to DET & 1-2 more also. That makes 6-10 or 5-11.

I won't be uber pissed if they go stud LT/OL early & often this draft (I'd be surprised & impressed honestly) & grab a later Rd QB to groom with Foles + maybe a vet like Matt Ryan for a 2 year deal if reasonably cheap enough?
Then the next GM/coach can pick their QB in 2022.

Nagy gotta go asap or this roster will be poisoned quickly. Bears never fire mid-season, so the Ls should keep coming.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm afraid of winning more games. :( It would be so Bears to suddenly win 3 more games and get shit draft position and save Nagy's worthless ass from getting fired.

Ugh, that's worse case scenario imo.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears never fire mid-season, so the Ls should keep coming.

? Very true.

But I can see with Mitch starting...a 7-9 record, watch him fuck us one last time with 8-8 and move us back to the 16-18 area.

On one side, we'll see if the defense continues to play uninspired, but we also have a HC and GM trying to not get fired.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
? Very true.

But I can see with Mitch starting...a 7-9 record, watch him fuck us one last time with 8-8 and move us back to the 16-18 area.

On one side, we'll see if the defense continues to play uninspired, but we also have a HC and GM trying to not get fired.
I dont see it. We aren't beating Houston. Detroit is better than us, but Detroit knows how to lose. Jacksonville is awful, but has been competitive with good teams. Bears haven't been competitive with anyone in a while. At best bears are winning 1 more.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Since when was giving up on a QB after year 1-2 a thing ? In the history of the nfl where has this happened.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Bears will have the weakest SOS outside of Dallas if same record. So if Bears lose out and all the teams 3-8 or better get two wins the bears will pick 4-5.

Most likely 6-7 if losing out. Perfect position to get Wilson. They need to LOSE
Turns out the 4-0 start was a mirage. This is a bad team. I wont be surprised if we lose 4 of our last 5 games.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not the first time Bears faced an opponent with multiple starters missing. In fact, that was the case for the entire 1st half of this season and the Wins were still down to 1 or 2 plays (often gifts from opponents).

The only offensive success for the majority of the year has been vs. prevent D in garbage time. It'll come down to whether the D is healthy AND if they give a shit. Need both to even keep this team within garbage time catch-up striking distance.

I had to reread what I just wrote. Sad times in Bears fandome indeed.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
With Patricia gone, the Lions are instantly better and hope they kick the Bears ass.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The cap hit for Wentz next year is a whopping 59M and 24M in 2022. He is not going anywhere

nope, Wentz is a 59MM cap hit next season

Not quite. the 59 million is made up of 24 million of his unallocated option bonus, 19.81 million of unallocated signing bonus, 10 million roster bonus payable 3rd day of new league year and 15.4 million guaranteed base salary.

So if he is traded prior to the 3rd day of the new league year then the new tame would assume 25.4 million (Roster Bonus and Salary) and the Eagles would be on the hook for the 33.81 million in unallocated signing and option bonuses since they already paid those amounts to Wentz. The 59.4 million is only if he is cut outright.[/QUOTE]

shoez90

Liked Posts:
and with any luck the new GM will do the responsible thing and take next year to blow the team up, tank, and get as many bad contracts as we can off the books.
this here. Draft responsibly for a change stop over doing it on long shot skill positions. let's face it as long as Aaron Rodgers is in the north we will have second place. is ok he isn't immortal and we need a line. then grab one of the up and comers next year. dump MB unless he will come super cheap and grab a cam or Winston for a one year. dump leno, Miller and whoever else sux. oh yeah and pace and Nagy first.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
See the Cleveland Browns.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tankathon is spot on. This is gonna be like the South park episode where the little league teams are competing to lose in order to avoid the playoffs so they can stop playing baseball. How fucked up is this entire season.