NFL Draft Tankathon

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The Bills are another overrated team. I wouldn't count the 49'ers out of this game automatically.

Also, give me someone from the Kyle Shanahan offensive tree for the next Bears head coach. I could watch that style all day.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
A loss next week by the Bears and at worst they will be drafting at #11 (Carolina and Denver play next week - one of those teams will get to 5 wins). The Bears will most likely be in the top 10 if they lose though.

If teams that need or want QB's think the top 4 in Lawrence, Fields, Lance and Wilson are the real deal then it wouldn't surprise me at all if all 4 went in the top 9 if we're picking at #10 cause every team will obviously know the Bears biggest need, besides o-line, is QB and will trade up in front of us if they truly believe in those 4.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If teams that need or want QB's think the top 4 in Lawrence, Fields, Lance and Wilson are the real deal then it wouldn't surprise me at all if all 4 went in the top 9 if we're picking at #10 cause every team will obviously know the Bears biggest need, besides o-line, is QB and will trade up in front of us if they truly believe in those 4.
You are right. That's why the Bears need to tank and be around 6-8 range. The trade up cost won't be as high if the Bears need to do it.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The trade up option will always be there because of that particular scenario. Several teams need QB. Bears have to come away will Wilson or Lance. There are no other options.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Its the Bears. They will win games they shouldn't and will fuck up the draft position. We've seen this before
I am not so sure. It looked like we might've turned a corner on that this year with our loss to Det.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You are right. That's why the Bears need to tank and be around 6-8 range. The trade up cost won't be as high if the Bears need to do it.

I agree but........Bears will Bear.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The trade up option will always be there because of that particular scenario. Several teams need QB. Bears have to come away will Wilson or Lance. There are no other options.

I'm with you man. I'll take either of those two and be happy with either. I think i'm out on Trask unless he somehow drops to the late 2nd or the 3rd round and would take Mac Jones in the 3rd round as well. I'd look at Jamie Newman in the mid rounds as well. This of course is if we don't get one of Wilson/Lance in round 1 and go OL instead.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Week 13 Tankathon Recap Post

Welcome to your first weekly Tankathon Recap Post. I will be recapping the week's Tank action from the previous week's game. Let's get started.

The Jets and Jags played four quarters of actual football and nearly blew their chances of finishing 1 & 2 in the draft. Gregg Williams made the ultimate sacrifice play to salvage the Jets (im)perfect season by calling an all out blitz in the one situation nobody ever calls an all out blitz. it was bold, it was blatant, it was beautiful, it was brilliant. He fell on the sword and died for the Jets sins.

Atlanta had a real chance to take down the Saints without Brees, and secure Raheem Morris as the Falcons HC going forward. However, the Saints D was too stout in only allowing 16 points, and Taysom Hill continued his surprisingly efficient QB play while throwing his first passing TDs of the season.

Don't look now, but the NFC East has two teams playing good football. In the co-shockers of the weekend, the Giants go on the road to the beat the Seahawks with Colt McCoy (who knew he was still in the league) and the FOOTBALL TEAM beat the previously undefeated Steelers dropping the WFT 3 spots in the draft.

Nagy and Trubisky pulled a rabbit out of their dunce hat and managed to continue the Bears impressive losing streak and do something that Nagy hasn't done in his career--lose to the Lions. He was 5-0 previously vs Detroit. No more. However, the clutch turnover by Trubisky wasn't enough to improve our draft position as the Bears remain with the 13th pick they came into the week.

Updated standings in the OP.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never in my life have I been in favor of tanking until now (though out of pride I still wanted them to beat GB on national TV). It's all about the future and the rebuild for this team and wins are virtually meaningless at this point. That's why it makes me sad to see Prisco pick the Bears over Houston (and he almost never picks the Bears).

Houston Texans at Chicago Bears

Latest Odds:Bears +PK

The Bears have lost six straight and seem to be regressing. This will come down to whether the Bears can slow Deshaun Watson and his passing game. I think they can. The Bears will have success on the ground against the Texans defense to find a way to win it and stay alive in the playoff hunt -- barely.

Pick: Bears 24, Texans 21

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Could the Eagles be looking for a QB?

Going into this season I wouldn't have guessed that could be a possibility. Yikes!

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Redskins are a player for a QB in the draft. If they win the division they automatically draft in the 20s.
They will, of course, draft DL in the 1st regardless of where they pick. It’s so clockwork it must be contractual ??‍♂️

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Could the Eagles be looking for a QB?

Going into this season I wouldn't have guessed that could be a possibility. Yikes!
You think they would? I would think with what is tied up in Wentz and having just drafted Hurt, they'd have to give them some weapons and give them one more chance with protection and weapons and potentially a new playcaller to see what they can do.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
You think they would? I would think with what is tied up in Wentz and having just drafted Hurt, they'd have to give them some weapons and give them one more chance with protection and weapons and potentially a new playcaller to see what they can do.
This year Wentz is tradable. it will cost ~$34M in cap space, but considering what his cap number already is it's a wash.

IMHO this is the Hurts audition. If he does well, then maybe he's the guy. If week 17 rolls around and the team feels Wentz and Hurts are not their future QBs, then they would have to look at the position seriously in the draft.

Really fascinating how things have unfolded. I went into this past season thinking the Eagles were genius for locking in the QB position for the next 4 years at a reasonable $ amount. Now if Hurts doesn't show something right away they could have no QBs.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Btw if trask or Jones fall, I would assume the saints take one of them right? Brees is retiring potentially. Jameis apparently isn't the guy. Taysom hill is not a real solution long term.

UrlacherRules1977

Liked Posts:
If a top QB isn't available we should be trading down and picking up an extra 1st and 3rd, we need to cut the high priced fat off this team and replace it with high draft picks that can get experience.