NFL Quarterbacks 2021

Liked Posts:
Before I post this I want to tell you all that I enjoy posting about the Chicago Bears with all of you. I have been a diehard Chicago Bears fan and lived through some good times and some not so good times with Da Bears. Every year when a Bears Football Season comes to an end I feel like something important in my life just ended and almost instantly I begin to look ahead to the future with hope and optimism. The 2020 Bears teased us this year with a 5-1 start. They overcame an 0-6 stretch and went 3-1 in the final quarter of the season. They were the textbook definition of an 8-8 football team. 8-8 = Mediocre = The Cream of the Crap.

I am sitting here reading the comments about the QB position as it relates to NFL franchises. A lot of posters on here make it sound like they are just falling floating in the air like the COVID pandemic. There aren't 11-14 rookies in the NFL Draft (outside of Trevor Lawrence) that will be starting QBs in 2021. Any debate outside of drafting a QB becomes recycling a QB that didn't pan out elsewhere. That turns into the expression "shuffling shit" and at the end of the day rarely pays off with huge rewards.

Let's look at this cafefully:

AFC East

Bills: Josh Allen
Dolphins: not putting all of their faith in Tua Tagovailoa
Jets: moving on from Sam Darnold
Patriots: moving on from Cam Newton

AFC North

Bengals: Joe Burrow
Browns: Baker Mayfield
Ravens: Lamar Jackson

Steelers: the H.O.F. career of Ben Rothisberger probably came to an end this past weekend

AFC South

Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence
Titans: Ryan Tannehill

Texans: DeShaun Watson (if he's not starting for Houston he will start for someone)
Colts: the H.O.F. career of Phillip Rivers probably came to an end this past weekend

AFC West

Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes
Chargers: Justin Herbert

Broncos: not putting all of their faith in Drew Lock
Raiders: Derek Carr

NFC East

Eagles: Carson Wentz or Jalen Hurts
Cowboys: Dak Prescott (if he's not starting for Dallas he will start for someone)
Giants: Daniel Jones
Redskins/TBD: moving on from Alex Smith

NFC North

Packers: Aaron Rodgers
Vikings: Kirk Cousins

Lions: Matthew Stafford (if he's not starting for Detroit he will start for someone)
Bears: moving on from Mitchell Trubisky

NFC South

Buccaneers: Tom Brady
Falcons: Matt Ryan (if he's not starting for Atlanta he will start for someone)
Saints: the H.O.F. career of Drew Brees will end when New Orleans is finished playing this postseason
Panthers: not putting all of their faith in Teddy Bridgewater

NFC West

Seahawks: Russell Wilson
Cardinals: Kyler Murray

Rams: Jared Goff
49ers: moving on from Jimmy Garoppolo

Trevor Lawrence is a slam dunk of a pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. The Jaguars are about to finally hit on their QB. I feel like I can go ahead and put their next QB on the BIG BOARD without any arguments from any experts. When you take Lawrence out of the equation how many starting NFL QBs will there be in the 2021 NFL Draft?
There will be a minimum of 11-14 NFL franchises that will be searching for their starting QB in 2021.
  • The Raiders, Rams, and Eagles are mysteries to me because I could see them all starting their current QBs in 2021, but I could also see them all moving in a new direction.
  • The Redskins/TBD, Saints, Colts, and Steelers have got to go in a new direction this offseason.
  • The Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, Broncos, Bears, Panthers, and 49ers will all 100% bring in a new face to be the QB in 2021.
    • The Falcons, Lions, Cowboys, and Texans could roll with what they currently have. They could also choose a different path and their starting QBs could become starters elsewhere. Either way though I'm just counting positions and not teams and barring some sort of strangeness all of their current starting QBs will be starters for some team in 2021.

If Mitchell Trubisky is not the answer for the Chicago Bears then that's fine. I just want for someone to tell me who is.

a.) Is it a rookie via the NFL Draft? Trevor Lawrence is 100% a no freaking way! That leaves:
  • Justin Fields
  • Zach Wilson
  • Trey Lance
  • Mac Jones
  • Kyle Trask

b.) Is it a proven starter from the Falcons, Lions, Cowboys, or Texans?
  • Matt Ryan
  • Matthew Stafford
  • Dak Prescott
  • DeShaun Watson

c.) Is it a free agent QB who is moving on from another franchise ("shuffling shit")? If you go with "Option C" then you don't have an answer based on past experiences {see below}:
  • Erik Kramer (Lions): 0 playoff wins
  • Rick Mirer (Seahawks): 0 playoff wins
  • Kordell Stewart (Steelers): 0 playoff wins
  • Jay Cutler (Broncos): 1 playoff win = 2010 Divisional Round (please don't lie to me/yourself and call him a clear cut success)
  • Mike Glennon (Buccaneers): 0 playoff wins
  • Nick Foles (Eagles): currently 0 playoff wins
Steve Walsh (1994) won the same number of playoff games in his only season as the Bears starting QB as did Jay Cutler.
Jim Miller (2001), Kyle Orton (2005), and Rex Grossman (2006) won the same number of Division Championships as did Jay Cutler.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Before I post this I want to tell you all that I enjoy posting about the Chicago Bears with all of you. I have been a diehard Chicago Bears fan and lived through some good times and some not so good times with Da Bears. Every year when a Bears Football Season comes to an end I feel like something important in my life just ended and almost instantly I begin to look ahead to the future with hope and optimism. The 2020 Bears teased us this year with a 5-1 start. They overcame an 0-6 stretch and went 3-1 in the final quarter of the season. They were the textbook definition of an 8-8 football team. 8-8 = Mediocre = The Cream of the Crap.

I am sitting here reading the comments about the QB position as it relates to NFL franchises. A lot of posters on here make it sound like they are just falling floating in the air like the COVID pandemic. There aren't 11-14 rookies in the NFL Draft (outside of Trevor Lawrence) that will be starting QBs in 2021. Any debate outside of drafting a QB becomes recycling a QB that didn't pan out elsewhere. That turns into the expression "shuffling shit" and at the end of the day rarely pays off with huge rewards.

AFC East

AFC North

Steelers: the H.O.F. career of Ben Rothisberger probably came to an end this past weekend

AFC South

Texans: DeShaun Watson (if he's not starting for Houston he will start for someone)
Colts: the H.O.F. career of Phillip Rivers probably came to an end this past weekend

AFC West

NFC East

Cowboys: Dak Prescott (if he's not starting for Dallas he will start for someone)

NFC North

Lions: Matthew Stafford (if he's not starting for Detroit he will start for someone)

NFC South

Saints: the H.O.F. career of Drew Brees will end when New Orleans is finished playing this postseason

NFC West

Trevor Lawrence is a slam dunk of a pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. The Jaguars are about to finally hit on their QB. I feel like I can go ahead and put their next QB on the BIG BOARD without any arguments from any experts. When you take Lawrence out of the equation how many starting NFL QBs will there be in the 2021 NFL Draft?
There will be a minimum of 11-14 NFL franchises that will be searching for their starting QB in 2021.
  • The Raiders, Rams, and Eagles are mysteries to me because I could see them all starting their current QBs in 2021, but I could also see them all moving in a new direction.
  • The Redskins/TBD, Saints, Colts, and Steelers have got to go in a new direction this offseason.
  • The Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, Broncos, Bears, Panthers, and 49ers will all 100% bring in a new face to be the QB in 2021.
    • The Falcons, Lions, Cowboys, and Texans could roll with what they currently have. They could also choose a different path and their starting QBs could become starters elsewhere. Either way though I'm just counting positions and not teams and barring some sort of strangeness all of their current starting QBs will be starters for some team in 2021.

If Mitchell Trubisky is not the answer for the Chicago Bears then that's fine. I just want for someone to tell me who is.

a.) Is it a rookie via the NFL Draft? Trevor Lawrence is 100% a no freaking way! That leaves:
  • Justin Fields
  • Zach Wilson
  • Trey Lance
  • Mac Jones
  • Kyle Trask

• Matt Ryan
  • Matthew Stafford
  • Dak Prescott
  • DeShaun Watson

c.) Is it a free agent QB who is moving on from another franchise ("shuffling shit")? If you go with "Option C" then you don't have an answer based on past experiences {see below}:
  • Jay Cutler (Broncos): 1 playoff win = 2010 Divisional Round (please don't lie to me/yourself and call him a clear cut success)
Steve Walsh (1994) won the same number of playoff games in his only season as the Bears starting QB as did Jay Cutler.
Jim Miller (2001), Kyle Orton (2005), and Rex Grossman (2006) won the same number of Division Championships as did Jay Cutler.

Option A .....and u left out other rookie Qb's i.e. Sam Ehlinger, Jamie Newman, Kellen Mond.

Option B.......
  • Matt Ryan.........I disagree on him NOT starting somewhere else
  • Matthew Stafford........this is cutler's "cousin" without the one playoff win. Pad-ford is cashed out.
  • Dak Prescott.....I disagree on him NOT starting somewhere else
  • DeShaun Watson.......I definitely disagree with u on him NOT starting somewhere else

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
you could literally stick a jugs machine back there and it would be better than foles.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think the answer is the Bears are drafting Jones or Trask and that is how we are rolling. Trubisky is done in Chicago.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Option A .....and u left out other rookie Qb's i.e. Sam Ehlinger, Jamie Newman, Kellen Mond.

Option B.......
  • Matt Ryan.........I disagree on him NOT starting somewhere else
  • Matthew Stafford........this is cutler's "cousin" without the one playoff win. Pad-ford is cashed out.
  • Dak Prescott.....I disagree on him NOT starting somewhere else
  • DeShaun Watson.......I definitely disagree with u on him NOT starting somewhere else
None of those guys you added to option A are realistic options to start next year without an injury to who is starting.

As far as option B, he put those guys will all be starting somewhere if it isn't with their current teams.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

AFC East

AFC North

AFC South

AFC West

NFC East

NFC North

NFC South

NFC West

• Justin Fields
  • Zach Wilson
  • Trey Lance
  • Mac Jones
  • Kyle Trask

• Matt Ryan
  • Matthew Stafford
  • Dak Prescott
  • DeShaun Watson

We actually traded for Rick Mirer....I’m still stunned

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
We actually traded for Rick Mirer....I’m still stunned

You remember Mirer....don't ya :)
None of those guys you added to option A are realistic options to start next year without an injury to who is starting.

As far as option B, he put those guys will all be starting somewhere if it isn't with their current teams.

Thanks
Well maybe I should've indicated that IMO....those rookies don't have to start right away. They could be developed.
He wrote in green so I figured he was being sarcastic.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

Thanks
Well maybe I should've indicated that IMO....those rookies don't have to start right away. They could be developed.
I believe he was using colors for specific situations those qbs are in

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Thanks
He will never throw a touchdown for the Chicago Bears. And we gave up a #1 for him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mond, Ehlinger are at best 6th round picks, if lucky.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thank you OP I really like this thread. I agree with most of what you have said. There are ALOT of teams that will be looking for a change to the starting QB, and the draft most likely will only provide 3 that can start in 2021. I am convinced that Trubisky is not going to be back. Some team will be more desperate then us and pay him 15-18M incentive based contract to be a starter.

We will either go the next 2-5 years with guys like Foles, Dalton, Darnold, ect and be a 6-10, 7-9 team that gets lucky and goes 9-7 drafting BPA because we are scared to be bold or we Trade the Farm and take a chance on Zach or Fields whoever drops out of the top 3..

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He will never throw a touchdown for the Chicago Bears. And we gave up a #1 for him.

You're correct . But Mirer did throw 6picks :LOL: ?
Yeah....Mirer represented what dumpster diving for a Qb will get ya. I can just see the Seattle mgmt after the deal was done..... lol with each other saying...." I can't believe the Bears gave us a #1 for Mirer :LOL: "

Liked Posts:
Mond, Ehlinger are at best 6th round picks, if lucky.

Mond, Ehlinger, Book, Ridder, Etc.

Those are guys who better be like Tom Brady at #199 if you expect any of them to have big time NFL careers. That's literally not something a team like the Bears can hang their hat on.

The Patriots weren't hanging their hat on Brady until Mo Lewis almost killed Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe had been a Pro Bowl caliber QB and in 1996 he led the Patriots to a surprise Super Bowl appearance vs the Green Bay Packers.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Mond, Ehlinger, Book, Ridder, Etc.

Those are guys who better be like Tom Brady at #199 if you expect any of them to have big time NFL careers. That's literally not something a team like the Bears can hang their hat on.

The Patriots weren't hanging their hat on Brady until Mo Lewis almost killed Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe had been a Pro Bowl caliber QB and in 1996 he led the Patriots to a surprise Super Bowl appearance vs the Green Bay Packers.
Ridder is going back to school