NFL Quarterbacks 2021

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Mond and Ehlinger shall never be mentioned in the same sentence as Tom Brady ever, ever again.

There was a non drafted guy who was bagging groceries once. He became a HOF Qb. I've learned to never discount where ya might find a good Qb. Especially one who has something to prove ?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My prediction:

1. Bears sign Fitzpatrick. (Or similar vet)
2. Draft a QB late. (Pray you find TB2)
3. Draft Oline and WR in first two rounds.
4. Let AR, RRH and Mitch go in free agency. Don’t sign anyone else until after the comp pick window closes in free agency. (That’s two decent comp picks for 2022). Fitz cancels one out
5. Head into 2022 with improved OLINE, young WR corps, and 9 draft picks. Make a move in the draft for a QB then.

Liked Posts:
You're correct . But Mirer did throw 6picks :LOL: ?
Yeah....Mirer represented what dumpster diving for a Qb will get ya. I can just see the Seattle mgmt after the deal was done..... lol with each other saying...." I can't believe the Bears gave us a #1 for Mirer :LOL: "

The Bears gave up a #1 for Mirer and that year it was actually Kramer who started the majority of the season. I always felt like Erik Kramer had so much potential and then something always happened and we always finished the years with Steve Walsh, Dave Kreig, Rick Mirer, Steve Stenstrom, Moses Moreno, Etc.

Then Dave Wannstedt was dismissed and the Bears hired Dick Jauron and drafted Cade McNown. You remember him too right? Of course the Bears started with Shane Matthews before trying the McNown experiment. By the end of that regime we were shuffling Jim Miller, Chris Chandler, and Kordell Stewart (oh....and who can forget Henry Burris).

Under Lovie Smith & Co. in the early years we survived a first year (2004) with Craig Krenzel and Chad Hutchinson. How that team ever won 5 games I'll never know. We then wanted to badly for Rex Grossman to be the MVP type of player. He was just so streaky. Kyle Orton was serviceable. Brian Griese was the guy who everyone always wanted to succeed. Personally, I was a big Orton fan and never thought he got his just due in Chicago. I agreed when Brian Urlacher came out years later and said that Orton was the guy who got a raw deal by the brass in Chicago.

We gave up the farm for Jay Cutler and thought that he was going to be what Aaron Rodgers actually turned out to be in Green Bay.......that is a painful fact! Josh McCown played lights out in 2013. When the Bears benched him vs the Eagles and Packers at the end of the 2013 season and played Cutler I was beyond pissed. He could have been Nick Foles a few years earlier with the numbers he was posting in Trestman's offense. I live in Tennessee and I freaking hate Cutler and his sorry ass attitude.

Mitchell Trubisky was a "one year college wonder" who was overrated by the NFL Draft experts. Kiper and McShay really missed on that one also. Chase Daniel sucks. Nick Foles is a system QB and unless he's playing for Doug Pederson in Philadelphia I don't know if he can be the guy anywhere.

The place where QBs careers go to die for eternity.....Chicago, Illinois

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears gave up a #1 for Mirer and that year it was actually Kramer who started the majority of the season. I always felt like Erik Kramer had so much potential and then something always happened and we always finished the years with Steve Walsh, Dave Kreig, Rick Mirer, Steve Stenstrom, Moses Moreno, Etc.

Then Dave Wannstedt was dismissed and the Bears hired Dick Jauron and drafted Cade McNown. You remember him too right? Of course the Bears started with Shane Matthews before trying the McNown experiment. By the end of that regime we were shuffling Jim Miller, Chris Chandler, and Kordell Stewart (oh....and who can forget Henry Burris).

Under Lovie Smith & Co. in the early years we survived a first year (2004) with Craig Krenzel and Chad Hutchinson. How that team ever won 5 games I'll never know. We then wanted to badly for Rex Grossman to be the MVP type of player. He was just so streaky. Kyle Orton was serviceable. Brian Griese was the guy who everyone always wanted to succeed. Personally, I was a big Orton fan and never thought he got his just due in Chicago. I agreed when Brian Urlacher came out years later and said that Orton was the guy who got a raw deal by the brass in Chicago.

We gave up the farm for Jay Cutler and thought that he was going to be what Aaron Rodgers actually turned out to be in Green Bay.......that is a painful fact! Josh McCown played lights out in 2013. When the Bears benched him vs the Eagles and Packers at the end of the 2013 season and played Cutler I was beyond pissed. He could have been Nick Foles a few years earlier with the numbers he was posting in Trestman's offense. I live in Tennessee and I freaking hate Cutler and his sorry ass attitude.

Mitchell Trubisky was a "one year college wonder" who was overrated by the NFL Draft experts. Kiper and McShay really missed on that one also. Chase Daniel sucks. Nick Foles is a system QB and unless he's playing for Doug Pederson in Philadelphia I don't know if he can be the guy anywhere.

Good points. I'm gonna revisit this. But yeah....I lived through all that. And I remember horrific coaches like John Shoop.
He was a joke. And he made our Qb's look worse than what they were.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My prediction:

4. Let AR, RRH and Mitch go in free agency. Don’t sign anyone else until after the comp pick window closes in free agency. (That’s two decent comp picks for 2022). Fitz cancels one out
5. Head into 2022 with improved OLINE, young WR corps, and 9 draft picks. Make a move in the draft for a QB then.
If they sign Fitzpatrick to be the starter for 2021....I’ll blow my brains out live on tick tock

msadows

Liked Posts:
If they sign Fitzpatrick to be the starter for 2021....I’ll blow my brains out live on tick tock

Agreed. What is the point of that move?

You might as well just start foles then.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Mirer started 3 games and lost all 3 badly.
Let’s stop mentioning him any more

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

We could have drafted Aaron Rodgers in the draft that they drafted Cedric Benson . We needed a quarterback and drafted a running back.......we had a decent running back corp

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
As Romo said, you don't cut a QB unless you can get better.

Trubisky on a team friendly deal for one to two years is the most likely scenario. The second most likely is he's tagged. Third is they move on from Mitch for a veteran.

Bears likely only have the capital to take a later round QB unless there is an unbelievable drop from one of the top picks. So it makes sense for that QB to sit behind Mitch and probably have Foles as a mentor type presence.

Bears need to build a roster and get younger talent over the next few years - we need to get beyond massive contracts for veterans that grossly under perform.

coolio

Liked Posts:

Trubisky on a team friendly deal for one to two years is the most likely scenario. The second most likely is he's tagged. Third is they move on from Mitch for a veteran.

Bears likely only have the capital to take a later round QB unless there is an unbelievable drop from one of the top picks. So it makes sense for that QB to sit behind Mitch and probably have Foles as a mentor type presence.

Bears need to build a roster and get younger talent over the next few years - we need to get beyond massive contracts for veterans that grossly under perform.

Mitch will not be tagged under any circumstance. Even if they had to choose that or starting Tyler Bray

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
My prediction:

the only issue I have is with fizzle-patrick. He's garbage. Maybe as a mentor. T. Taylor might be a better "bridge Qb"

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

No.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

LOL.....naw. Don't even say that. ?
You're one of few not in the "Bear blind the Matrix" IDK maybe we should write letters to Bear HQ's if it were to happen

Last edited: