NFL, union officials discuss longer season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked Posts:
Tribune News Services

NFL and union officials have met for the first time since February and discussed adding two games to the regular season.

Teams would still play a total of 20 exhibition plus regular-season games under the proposal. The league would go from four in the preseason and 16 in the regular season to two and 18.

Green Bay Packers president Mark Murphy says it's an "idea that is really gaining momentum, particularly with the owners."

Ray Lewis and Tom Brady are expressing concerns that such a change would increase injuries to players.

Fans have complained about the quality of preseason games, when many starters play little.

More...

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
im sorry but this isnt a good idea

i guess the consensus is to replace pre season games with regular season games

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt they'll add games to the regular season. Though I'd be all in for getting rid of preseason games

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
or reduce it to one

regoob2

Liked Posts:
Im for this. Players can get injured in preseason as well. Teams that make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs dont all of a sudden get injured.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Im all for it. I love the NFL so much and 16 games just isnt enough for me. They should increase the roster by maybe 5 or so players in case of extra injuries from a longer season.

I just dont like how peope will compare todays season stats compared to the days where there were 14 games.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
Prepare for the NFL strike.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Dah deez crybabies can't strike, they're making millions!!11!

Status
Not open for further replies.