Nice Win, but 4 targets to WR won't win many games

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
I thought the team did a good job as a whole.

4 targets to WR's though? I mean won't that be the number 1 thing opposing teams look at?

Howard and Cohen production to drop very soon unless we try to stretch the field

Or

Start Mitch, the wildcard

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How we played the game yesterday is the only way this team can win with Glennon. He is a complete liability. Fox has to see this.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah. Defense is good, the running game is good, but we can't win consistently being this one-dimensional. It's just not sustainable. Put in Trubs and see what happens ffs.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eventually we're gonna need a QB who can, you know, throw the ball…

Glennon does do a nice job of handing it off though, most of the time anyway. The guy does need to benched asap so we can see if Trubs can hand the ball off and throw it, that'd be crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AussieBear

Eventually we're gonna need a QB who can, you know, throw the ball…

Glennon does do a nice job of handing it off though, most of the time anyway. The guy does need to benched asap so we can see if Trubs can hand the ball off and throw it, that'd be crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well when ya chuck it 40-50 yards and hit you wr in stride and in the hand and they drop it.. idk what else ya want from the qb.. especially when they are playing a time killing ball control scheme..

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
All we need is a real quarterback. No worries

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's interesting that this offense has been dumbed down beyond even the level of what Kizer and Watson are running to try and make Glennon serviceable, it has not. It completely invalidates the excuse that Trubisky isn't ready. Ready to what, hand off and throw 3 yard dinks? There is no truth other than they are starting Glennon based on plopping down $18M to him this year and are doing so at the expense of wins. Hard to swallow that pill as a fan.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
well when ya chuck it 40-50 yards and hit you wr in stride and in the hand and they drop it.. idk what else ya want from the qb.. especially when they are playing a time killing ball control scheme..

To try it again.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's interesting that this offense has been dumbed down beyond even the level of what Kizer and Watson are running to try and make Glennon serviceable, it has not. It completely invalidates the excuse that Trubisky isn't ready. Ready to what, hand off and throw 3 yard dinks? There is no truth other than they are starting Glennon based on plopping down $18M to him this year and are doing so at the expense of wins. Hard to swallow that pill as a fan.

Gabriel was on the Score and said that this is a complete nightmare for the Bears.

He said that no one at Halas Hall expected Glennon to be so bad and limiting to the offense.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
I know it's a short week, but they're going to surprise start Trubisky against the Packers to shock them. Or bring in Mitch at halftime while we're getting our asses whooped and he lifts the team to a huge comeback win. The front page of the Tribune on Friday will read, "Miracle Mitch".

Reactions: Myk

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At some point MT is going to play. I think after watching Glennon the last three games it is apparent that he isn't the answer. Now, the lack of WR has a lot to do with Glennon's inability to throw the ball down field. I don't know that a change in QB solves that problem. Glennon's immobility doesn't help, either. Maybe with better receivers this conversation doesn't happen after just three games. If starting Glennon gave the Bears a chance at the playoffs, fine, continue to start him. But that isn't the case. As said before,, with the game plan Fox is dead set to run, MT can hand off and check down as well as Glennon.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the offensive coaches saw a way to exploit the Pittsburgh Steelers and it didn't involve throwing down the field. The Bears ran the ball down their throats and Pittsburgh couldn't stop them.

I don't think the Bears planned to throw down the field much at all. The constant run plays absolutely took their toll on Pittsburgh. Even if you had Brady back there, the run game was key to beating the Steelers.

I think the offensive staff did a hell of a job planning this out.

Washington

Liked Posts:
It will be very different when we fall behind again, especially by more than one score. I wonder how this game might have been different if Bryant catches what would have been a TD ball on their 1st offensive play?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I think the offensive coaches saw a way to exploit the Pittsburgh Steelers and it didn't involve throwing down the field. The Bears ran the ball down their throats and Pittsburgh couldn't stop them.

I don't think the Bears planned to throw down the field much at all. The constant run plays absolutely took their toll on Pittsburgh. Even if you had Brady back there, the run game was key to beating the Steelers.

I think the offensive staff did a hell of a job planning this out.

True. But that doesn't mean Glennon has to check down when he does pass. It still doesn't mean he isn't reading the D for shit and missing more productive possible receivers. It is still not OK at all to average 3.5 yards a passing play. That is unacceptable and has to get better.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ANd whatever happened to the idea of having a tight end dominated passing offense? We have some pretty good tight ends. Why don't we use them more?

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gabriel was on the Score and said that this is a complete nightmare for the Bears.

He said that no one at Halas Hall expected Glennon to be so bad and limiting to the offense.

The REAL nightmare is that the Bears have entrusted rebuilding to a guy who lusted after Glennon for years before bringing him here . . .

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
GB plans for no WRs and a heavy run game. Trubisky gets sprung on them at the last minute and has the field open to him.
First play, 60yd bomb to a wide open Wheaton, who GB thinks can't catch, touchdown!