Nick Leddy Re-Signed On 2 Year Deal

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
2.7 per.

That's an awful amount of money for a third pairing guy.

CHAMPS!!!

Franko725

Liked Posts:
While it is a stiff cap hit right now, I think that considering his skill level, it is not that bad overall. If he improves next season like he needs to, I think that you might see Oduya traded around the deadline, with one of the kids being brought up to play the third pairing. If he is not playing the way that you want him to be come the deadline next season, then perhaps you move him to another team that would be more than willing to take him. In the long run, considering what D men are getting lately, his contract is not near as bad as what other guys are getting.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watch the market today for 3rd pairing guys. I bet 2.7 turns out to be a low number.

I don't know about low, but I'll bet it's a comparable number. The two year thing is what baffles me. Apparently the Hawks don't agree with a lot of us that he could be a very good player down the line. That is unless it was Leddy that wanted the two years....if he does turn out to be an upper echelon player, it could really be a great move as he would really break the bank in 2 years.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't know about low, but I'll bet it's a comparable number. The two year thing is what baffles me. Apparently the Hawks don't agree with a lot of us that he could be a very good player down the line. That is unless it was Leddy that wanted the two years....if he does turn out to be an upper echelon player, it could really be a great move as he would really break the bank in 2 years.

Look at my post earlier in this thread. Think the 2-year deal makes perfect sense.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look at my post earlier in this thread. Think the 2-year deal makes perfect sense.

I saw it but just didn't agree with it. If Leddy lays an egg as a player, the Hawks look like geniuses. If turns into a star, they look like fools for not tying him up for 4 or 5 at a capeasy price. I just think they're playing it too close to the vest but then again, it's not my money being paid out either.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Then the Hawks can get the best either way... I don't understand peoples baffled reaction for the Hawks decision here.

Signing him on a 4 year like deal for likely only taking over 3.5 would of been a bad move. They don't want more money set and tied up on the cap. They wouldn't look like geniuses for doing it because judging by high potential outcomes is dumb judgment.

That signing would be dumb because it would create those Hammer issues mentioned before, this deal will have hardly a sliver of impact on that next year.

And if Leddy has two great years and earns a hearty pay.. So what, that's good. He can be traded for valuable pieces then if they need the space for Kane Toews

Fucking A on Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Then the Hawks can get the best either way... I don't understand peoples baffled reaction for the Hawks decision here.

Signing him on a 4 year like deal for likely only taking over 3.5 would of been a bad move. They don't want more money set and tied up on the cap. They wouldn't look like geniuses for doing it because judging by high potential outcomes is dumb judgment.

That signing would be dumb because it would create those Hammer issues mentioned before, this deal will have hardly a sliver of impact on that next year.

And if Leddy has two great years and earns a hearty pay.. So what, that's good. He can be traded for valuable pieces then if they need the space for Kane Toews

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Plus, he'd still be a restricted free agent, so Hawks would have the first chance to re-sign him, could trade his RFA rights, or could tender him a qualifying offer and dare someone else to sign him to an offer sheet, costing them a draft pick or two in the process.