1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
NIU Football is back!

and so is Huskie Pizza :shifty:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Huskie pizza isn't good...

Huskies are playing impressive early, by huskies I mean Lynch.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Gaelic is mad.
:umud:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's waiting for you, Jordan Lynch!!!!

wenning.jpg

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I was in town for homecoming. Huskie pizza is definitely open again. Not my favorite pizza by any means but happy to see it open again.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Lynch has run for over 300 yards today. Along with 3 tds, he's running his way to a likely top 3 vote on the Heisman.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
FBS record for Lynch with 316 rushing yards...

:smug:

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
8-0! Do you guys think NIU will make it back to a BCS bowl if they go undefeated? I'm guessing that Fresno State would have to lose a game but I'm not convinced the Huskies would be invited either way because of all the whining last year.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
8-0! Do you guys think NIU will make it back to a BCS bowl if they go undefeated? I'm guessing that Fresno State would have to lose a game but I'm not convinced the Huskies would be invited either way because of all the whining last year.

As I understand it they have to met some qualifications and then they pretty much automatically get it, either top 16 and ahead of one AQ conference winner or top 12. It appears likely that they will need Fresno State to lose to leap frog them, but Fresno St. path looks a bit tougher with only the Ball State and (presuming NIU win against Ball St. which is not a gimmie) Mac Championship remaining for NIU.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If they go undefeated they should get in. I wonder how long it will be before they're invited to the Big 12. It would be great for both the conference and the school.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they go undefeated they should get in. I wonder how long it will be before they're invited to the Big 12. It would be great for both the conference and the school.

They won't get invited into a major conference because they can't support it financially. The lowest average attendance in the Big XII was over 40K last year. Last year NIU didn't draw over 20K once. That doesn't even cover the fact that the school isn't as good in any other sport. NIU is a MAC school and will remain that way for a long time most likely.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They won't get invited into a major conference because they can't support it financially. The lowest average attendance in the Big XII was over 40K last year. Last year NIU didn't draw over 20K once. That doesn't even cover the fact that the school isn't as good in any other sport. NIU is a MAC school and will remain that way for a long time most likely.

There would need to be major investment into athletics, but it brings them into the Chicago TV market.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

There's plenty of schools across the country in different conferences for different sports... But I wouldn't expect an niu jump to happen anyway.

Lynch is on pace to break his game rushing yards record he set earlier this year, a while quater is left, but they might pull him instead.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Scratch that, he's broken it now. I would not mind adding Lynch as a backup RB and redzone fader play weapon. (especially after watching that awful McCown redzone O))

Now it's MAC championship game and see if the polls hold as are for another BCS