No fly zone...

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
Imagine Tremaine Johnson at #1 CB.
I really like Hall at CB#2. Then we let porter, Le Blanc and Callahan battle for the Nickel position. We then draft our future safety tandem together who would be none other than Adams at SS
And get FS Lorenzo Jerome in the 3rd or bottom of 2nd depending on draft layout. We would then have a good balance of Experience, youth, Cover ability, length, speed and Good tackling in our Secondary for the next 10 years or so. But this is also depending on what we do at QB of course..#No Fly Zone

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We would need to sign a safety or address the position earlier than a 3rd round pick from a division 3 school.

You can't consider yourself a no fly zone of the following players are playing

Amos
Bush
HJQ
Houston-Carson

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah, this is our CB #2...

[video=youtube_share;gGlMK1FtXLk]https://youtu.be/gGlMK1FtXLk[/video]

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Sign Gilmore and Harmon. Draft Obi Melifonwu in the 2nd.

Gilmore locks down CB1 and then you have a battle for the number 2 between Fuller/Porter/Le'Blanc/Hall/Callahan

Personally, I would like to see Fuller at NB and one of Le'Blanc/Porter/Hall at the #2 spot. That's a good secondary. Perhaps even very good. Tough to go from a completely terrible unit to a perfect unit in one off-season.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Hall didnt play enough last year to say that he would be successful at CB2 - LeBlanc was actually a nice surprise and I think he competes for the starting spot next year.

I see our starting 4 as Johnson (FA) - Harmon (FA) - Melifonwu (draft) - Fuller/LeBlanc. That is a lot of turnover in one year, but that is a big step up from what we had in 2016.

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
Learn to read straight through. I said 3rd or 2nd depending on draft. Amos, bush etc would be depth ( decent depth)..

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
The way they played last year, Amos and Bush are not decent depth. They have a roster spot because they are recent draft picks and we dont have anyone better. Amos will be playing for his job next year.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Amos is most definitely good depth. He's an ideal backup.

If he made more plays on the ball I'd agree with you. He has experience and doesnt have a ton of bonehead moves. But he still missed plenty of tackles and missed opportunities to stand out.

As it stands, I see him as replaceable. And therefor, if his play does not command a roster spot, he is playing for his job. This team is still rebuilding, and the coaches could be looking to fill the roster with players who could grow into future starters.

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
You don't let go a depth guy that's only 2 yrs in playing in this defense
And has starting experience..Give away and give up on draft picks not cool at all bro

BlacknBlueMonster

Liked Posts:
I've been saying Da Bears should select Malik Hooker, but ever since I got word of him having surgery I'd been noticing flash backs. So because this secondary could be really good. Imagine Pace bringing in Berry drafting #1 selection Marshon Lattiamore. Kyle Fuller plays to his best ability and makes Pace have to resign him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Learn to read straight through. I said 3rd or 2nd depending on draft. Amos, bush etc would be depth ( decent depth)..

Ahh.

I didn't see the double premium pick on safeties. To me that is way too big an investment considering a QB has to be picked or traded for at some point.

But then we have essentially 3 rookies starting.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If he made more plays on the ball I'd agree with you. He has experience and doesnt have a ton of bonehead moves. But he still missed plenty of tackles and missed opportunities to stand out.

As it stands, I see him as replaceable. And therefor, if his play does not command a roster spot, he is playing for his job. This team is still rebuilding, and the coaches could be looking to fill the roster with players who could grow into future starters.

Replaceable, sure... but by who? As long as we get a new starter he's fine in a backup role. That's really what he is. A backup that could start games and not kill you. He's just not a play maker but he knows the defense and is a pretty good tackler. I don't know what else you want out of a backup who will never see the field unless there's an injury.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Amos is a 24 year old backup with 32 starts under his belt.

That is a valuable reserve right there. Young, healthy and experienced.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:

Exactly. Amos starting 16 games a year for you? Ehhh maybe someday down the road, but he's not ready for that just yet. What he is ready for is some occasional playing time should someone more experienced get injured.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Imagine Tremaine Johnson at #1 CB.
I really like Hall at CB#2. Then we let porter, Le Blanc and Callahan battle for the Nickel position. We then draft our future safety tandem together who would be none other than Adams at SS
And get FS Lorenzo Jerome in the 3rd or bottom of 2nd depending on draft layout. We would then have a good balance of Experience, youth, Cover ability, length, speed and Good tackling in our Secondary for the next 10 years or so. But this is also depending on what we do at QB of course..#No Fly Zone

On what basis?

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
It is a nice thing to have, and I am not calling for his head or anything. Maybe the tone of my thought didnt come across correctly here. This is where I am coming from -

He is not a starter, and likely should not be a starter (unless he steps it up and makes a good case to start as the SS). I dont recall him in any ST plays, and honestly I dont know if he has played any ST because he has been starting. As a backup, he needs to be a ST contributor, or he is taking up space without contributing on a weekly basis. Furthermore, as we are looking for new starters at both safety positions, each roster spot dedicated to that position becomes more valuable.

So when I say he is playing for his roster spot, I mean he will be facing a lot of competition who the coaches will try to envision as future starters. He cant get comfortable with his place on the team as a backup with experience.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We would need to sign a safety or address the position earlier than a 3rd round pick from a division 3 school.

You can't consider yourself a no fly zone of the following players are playing

Amos
Bush
HJQ
Houston-Carson

I think he addressed the secondary adaquately personally, but that he had the positions wrong in that particular scenario. There are scenariors where Adams is a SS, but that wasn't one of them.

In that case, I believe Amos/Bush would have the edge battling at SS over Jerome beating Adams at FS, particularly in 2017. That would Slide Adams to FS to get the best 2 player unit on the field.

Or Amos would hold onto FS, and Adams SS. Or Bush SS, Adams FS. Either way....Adams wins one of the positions.

And Johnson upgrades the corner position, with Porter/Hall probably competingn for the outside spot, and Callahan/LeBlanc competing at nickel.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

So what?

He sucks.