No Win Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizness82

Liked Posts:
Happy Bears’ Monday. Let us celebrate the first place Bears today. No, am I the only one happy that the Bears won? Maybe happy is too strong of a word; how about glad. Yeah glad pretty much sums up my emotions.

I hold the Bears to a high standard. I expect them to win every game so when they do I am satisfied now when they lose I am highly critical.

In a 16 game season where each win matters Bears fans want to start discrediting wins? That could be the silliest thing I have ever heard. Who cares how the Bears won all that matters in the end is the Bears won.

No Win Situation

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Hey, I'll take it.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I'll take it.. a win is a win in my book.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
A win is win is a win. Don't care how or by how many points. I do love when we blow someone out far easier on the heart, they games like yesterday.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The same people said we were on the road to .500 when we beat the Cleveland Browns 30-6 last year..It was a game that had the offense looking incredibly awful and Derek Anderson simply sucked balls..he couldnt even throw a straight pass....

so yeah that game..how that did 30-6 victory work out last year?...following that game we lost 41-21 to the Cardinals, 10-6 to the Niners, 24-20 to the Eagles, 36-10 to the Vikings and while beating a 1-10 Rams team 17-9..lost 21-14 to the Packers..then lost 31-7 to the Ravens...

It wasnt until the last two games last year that we looked like a real football team and at that point it didnt matter one bit other than denying Brett Favre and the Vikings of the #1 seed in the NFC.

But on the flip side

Didnt the 2006 Bears almost lose to a terrible Arizona Cardinals team..only to win by two defensive touchdowns, Devin Hester punt return, and a missed field goal?

Didnt the Bears lose their first game that year to a Miami team that was 1-6 and marked as one of the worst teams in the NFL at that point?

Didnt they let the terrible Tampa Bay Bucs come back from a 24-3 lead to tie the game at 31 before the Bears squeaked out a victory in overtime that year as well?

There are plenty of arguments here that either can make a case of...This past game was not encouraging at all to say the least. Yeah we got the win, but in reality it should have been a classic case of the Bears blowing the game in the end...all that has occurred well too often since 2007.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Let's be completely honest: the end result wasn't pretty, but it isn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be.

1. The defense shut them down (100 yards before that last drive against the prevent D - all of you who thought that would happen, please raise your hands - yeah, there's crickets chirping now).

2. Game plan/scheme - obviously the defense took CJ out of nearly the entire game. Our offense had over 400 total yards, and Cutler put up over 370 of them through the air. (again, raise your hand if you thought he'd throw for that much). Lovie's goal line call was obviously the wrong one, but don't you guys honestly think the game plan was pretty solid overall vs. Detroit?

It comes down to two things for me as to why this was a last-second game rather than a 20 pt. whuppin'. 1. Turnovers 2. Penalties
2 of the turnovers were bad (INT and the line letting Cutler get the ball knocked out from behind), and 2 we need to give credit to Detroit on them because they knocked the snot out of Forte and Olsen to knock the ball loose. Penalties can be corrected/reduced through repetition and the line and others becoming more familiar with each other.

Bottom line: Am I ready to call this even a playoff team yet? Not at all. But let's stop painting such a bleak picture like EVERYTHING is wrong and the world's about to end. There were some very good things about Sunday, and if the turnovers hadn't happened and we'd won by 20, most of you wouldn't be saying a word.

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
:obama:

This is the same type of crap people with an intelligent thought in their brain had to deal with during the pre-season. No one is criticizing the Bears for the outcome of their on-field play yesterday (a win). What people are criticizing the Bears for are the many facets of the game in which they didn't perform well in, and that kind of under-performing does not bode well for the rest of the season in games against vastly superior opponents, especially because all those sub-par performances added up to almost losing to the Detroit fucking Lions.

A win is a win, yeah, but this type of "ugly winning" is worrisome when those "ugly" wins come against the other bottom-feeder in your division. How is it nobody else understands this?[/QUOTE

I understand this.

omc1969

Liked Posts:
Had we not turned the ball over 4 times we would have shut them out and looked real good. Didn't happen so I will take the ugly win and hope we can fix what's wrong soon and move on.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Had we not turned the ball over 4 times we would have shut them out and looked real good. Didn't happen so I will take the ugly win and hope we can fix what's wrong soon and move on.
Exactly - you're just not as wordy about it as I am....:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.