Not using Greg Olsen enough

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Way too many games where G-reg was barely used.

Guy is a big weapon. How can you not use him effectively?!

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Because players put their best defensive player on him and shuts him down. when you don't have a true #1 WR, they put the focus on him and take him out of games.

Charles Woodson locked his ass down 24/7

thedude33

Liked Posts:
I would have liked to have seen Clark out there. I think having both TEs out there would have caused problems for the Pack.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If we had a #1 WR, Olsen would get more open looks.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I think Olsen caught the first pass of the game, and that was about it. In his defense, you didn't hear much from Woodson all game, either. Sometimes Woodson freelances and blitzes, but he didn't do much of that against the Bears.

He caught a couple from Hanie late in the game but yeah..not much.

Pre

Liked Posts:
Martz has never been known to utilize the tight end inis offense. He didn't do jack shit with Vernon Davis, one of the better TEs in the league, when he was at San Francisco. Olsen needs more plays designed to get him the ball. We also need better receivers to open up coverage and better linemen so the tight end can be released more often. Olsen can be a Dallas Clark type of player for us.

Last edited:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He was also filling patches in the Oline for big chunks of the game.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He was the 2nd most targeted player up until about the last 3rd of the season when Bennett started getting targeted a ton. So he was attempted to be used still a awful lot but he was a top option taken out.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
hard to get more looks when you're the #1 "receiver" being covered by their best DB and also doing TE duties

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Martz has never been known to utilize the tight end inis offense. He didn't do jack shit with Vernon Davis, one of the better TEs in the league, when he was at San Francisco. Olsen needs more plays designed to get him the ball. We also need better receivers to open up coverage and better linemen so the tight end can be released more often. Olsen can be a Dallas Clark type of player for us.

Olsen went off in the divisional game. He also was targeted two more times (He had 3 catches, 100+ yards) but dropped those passes.

Olsen is going to go off every game. Not when he is the #1 target from most defenses we face.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
I would have liked to have seen Clark out there. I think having both TEs out there would have caused problems for the Pack.

they did split him out once on a play action I believe.. but I think he's more useful down in the endzone

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
they did split him out once on a play action I believe.. but I think he's more useful down in the endzone

If we lived in the delusional world of Lions fans and the NFL changes the rules to say TD catches are good as if you have two feet in the very moment you get the ball in your hands regardless of what happens in a moment, Greg Olsen could have like 20 TDs next season. :rimshot:

He did actually learn to become a complete TE this season like I predicted he would especially with the helpful aid at times of Tice on blocking. Some of those good Forte runs later in the year were helped by good blocks by Olsen.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Olsen had to block a ton more this season and Martz doesn't feature the TE in his offense. Plus the Bears have no WR and you have a player that struggles to produce