NW-Illinois at Wrigley

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The other thread was about the marquee and Kane so I hadn't looked at it recently.

Yeah I know, that's why I said it wasn't exactly obvious, but it was being discussed was all.

genefoley

Liked Posts:
Wrigley needs to go. It is hands down the most overrated spectacle in the history of the world.

They shouldn't have had the Winter Classic nor this game there. Someone please explain why Soldier Field wouldn't work.

If they can knock down the Old Yankee Stadium where 27 or whatever World Series were won, I'm pretty sure they can get rid good old Wrigley.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
Wrigley needs to go. It is hands down the most overrated spectacle in the history of the world.

They shouldn't have had the Winter Classic nor this game there. Someone please explain why Soldier Field wouldn't work.

If they can knock down the Old Yankee Stadium where 27 or whatever World Series were won, I'm pretty sure they can get rid good old Wrigley.

Some of us hate progress.

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:

I agree. The place is a shithole and needs to have an up close and personal encounter with the wrecking ball.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also think wrigley is a dump, but my friend wanted me to go to the game with her so we went and had a blast. Of course we were sitting near the good endzone.

I think football pretty much sucks, but it was actually a pretty good time.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I also think wrigley is a dump, but my friend wanted me to go to the game with her so we went and had a blast. Of course we were sitting near the good endzone.

I think football pretty much sucks, but it was actually a pretty good time.

After the way that game went.... I say play them all toward one endzone. Can you imagine the pricing structure... PREMIUM PREMIUM SEATS... Teams would clean house.

genefoley

Liked Posts:
After the way that game went.... I say play them all toward one endzone. Can you imagine the pricing structure... PREMIUM PREMIUM SEATS... Teams would clean house.

Or you could play it at Solider Field and put 20,000 more people in the stadium and really make some money.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Or you could play it at Solider Field and put 20,000 more people in the stadium and really make some money.

The rivalry can't even fill their own stadiums, what makes you think they can fill Soldier field and charge a premium for it?

genefoley

Liked Posts:
The rivalry can't even fill their own stadiums, what makes you think they can fill Soldier field and charge a premium for it?

They didn't seem to have a problem filling Wrigley, I feel like they could've had maybe 50,000 or more at Soldier Field. When it's a once-in-a-while thing it could bring in lots of people. If you have a larger stadium, you don't have to charge a premium and that will incentivize attendance. I just don't see what's so special about Wrigley. The Winter Classic would've been unreal if it was at Solider Field.

LarmersOneTimer

Liked Posts:
They didn't seem to have a problem filling Wrigley, I feel like they could've had maybe 50,000 or more at Soldier Field. When it's a once-in-a-while thing it could bring in lots of people. If you have a larger stadium, you don't have to charge a premium and that will incentivize attendance. I just don't see what's so special about Wrigley. The Winter Classic would've been unreal if it was at Solider Field.

Hater