O/T: On Texas and Oklahoma potentially joining the SEC

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a University of Texas fan, but regardless, this is some true shit.

With that being said, UT almost beat Alabama without their starting QB when they met in the National Championship game in 2009. There's no doubt in my mind that if Colt McCoy hadn't been injured Texas would have won. But, they didn't, and of course Alabama is a perennial winner. Let's hope that if UT and Oklahoma do join the SEC that they won't embarrass themselves.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
UT is already in the SEC....the University of Tennessee. All other posers can go elsewhere
Texas and OU might not be able to be Alabama, but I have no doubt they'll crush Tennessee. You can "Pose" that all the way to the bank.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
UT is the good looking girl in high school who put on some weight and is still stuck up at the 20 year reunion.
It's cultural man. There's just so much else to do in Austin and they get coddled for being "good enough" every year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's cultural man. There's just so much else to do in Austin and they get coddled for being "good enough" every year.
I realize you're a UT guy, but as a guy who doesn't have a team and is just a CFB fan, I can't see UT being relevant anytime soon.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I realize you're a UT guy, but as a guy who doesn't have a team and is just a CFB fan, I can't see UT being relevant anytime soon.
You're probably right. But if they had gotten Urban Meyer, I think it might have been a different story. Ah well; we'll see how Sarkasian does.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Since having Vince Young, UT learned how to pass on the good in state QBs.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You're probably right. But if they had gotten Urban Meyer, I think it might have been a different story. Ah well; we'll see how Sarkasian does.
Well that much I agree with you. Not sure how long Urban would have lasted, but he would have made an impact.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes they should join.

And they should only have 4 regional conferences with about 30 teams.

....and delete all the other teams.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I saw SEC was talking with Ohio State and Michigan too right? As a big ten fan, I hope that doesn't happen. Don't care about big 12 though. Thatd likely bring Texas back to relevance

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw SEC was talking with Ohio State and Michigan too right? As a big ten fan, I hope that doesn't happen. Don't care about big 12 though. Thatd likely bring Texas back to relevance
Ohio State I think could absolutely compete in the SEC. Michigan I believe would struggle; they can't even beat Ohio State. Sorta like Texas can't beat Oklahoma I guess.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Ohio State I think could absolutely compete in the SEC. Michigan I believe would struggle; they can't even beat Ohio State. Sorta like Texas can't beat Oklahoma I guess.
Agreed. Although I assume being in the SEC would give all of them a recruiting boost

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I have not seen that anywhere, and I can't see that happening.

The Big XII has had shuffling and has lost teams previously, and was always unstable. Texas wanted - and got, I suppose - special treatment. They have no interest in what's best for long term stability of a conference. Only what's in their interests.

The Big XII staying at 10 teams when they lost Mizzou and A&M was the beginning of the end.

Rumors are flying about who will go where, and Kansas to the Big Ten is one getting a lot of buzz. And several teams, like TCU and Baylor, have reportedly reached out to the Pac-12.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I have not seen that anywhere, and I can't see that happening.

The Big XII has had shuffling and has lost teams previously, and was always unstable. Texas wanted - and got, I suppose - special treatment. They have no interest in what's best for long term stability of a conference. Only what's in their interests.

The Big XII staying at 10 teams when they lost Mizzou and A&M was the beginning of the end.

Rumors are flying about who will go where, and Kansas to the Big Ten is one getting a lot of buzz. And several teams, like TCU and Baylor, have reportedly reached out to the Pac-12.

Not a great source but I'm assuming that's what I saw

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how I feel about it. It seems as though that the SEC has such a massive advantage in recruiting that it is making all the other conferences irrelevant.

This is the equivalent of NBA superstars making super teams. It's kind of annoying.

I guess we will just have to get used to the following CFP every year.

Clemson, Ohio State, SEC 1, SEC 2.

And you just probably put Alabama in there until Nick Saban retires.

What a joke.